Rix

Saw it in 3D. Other than the special effects wich were amazing, it was pretty boring and actually at times unbeliveably stupid.

Couldn´t help but laugh at some places wich I guess should have been dramatic....

If special effects aren´t enough for you don´t go, or wait for the DVD or better yet till it´s on TV, will absoulutely suffice!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it a few days back, I was sitting a couple rows towards the screen from the middle, so 3D would be distracting at times, but at others HOLY SHIT YOU MUST see it in 3D, some parts, when big open scenes or many objects on the screen are shows it makes a huge difference IMO.

plot was linear but still good, the movie was an experience 8.5/10

spoiler - if there is only one orange flying dragon thing, who does it mate with to make more? Surely there have to be more of those creatures, they can fcuk a lot of ships up.

Just saw it in 3D IMAX.

Probably redefines the genre in CG. Mesmerizing graphics but admittedly a very simple, if not, stereotypical plot. But then again that's also typical of most Cameron flicks --- simple plot paired with state of the art F/X + breath-taking action sequences.

Worth going to the theatre for the 3D experience. Kind of slow in the first 50 mins and it really needs a better soundtrack to match the visual (especially in IMAX 3D where the theatre is usually Dolby THX / DTS Surround capable).

well Skokos you were wondering about how they were going to make money.

Total as of 1/1/10 Global box office $785,203,825

Domestic Total as of Jan. 1, 2010: $309,011,000

And thats before DVD or anything else.

I went last Monday to see it in imax 3d and arrived 30 min prior to movie starting...I sat in first row because everything else was taken..this movie def will make $$

well Skokos you were wondering about how they were going to make money.

Total as of 1/1/10 Global box office $785,203,825

Domestic Total as of Jan. 1, 2010: $309,011,000

And thats before DVD or anything else.

that's crazy.

I contributed twice to that :icon_mrgreen:

that's crazy.

I contributed twice to that :icon_mrgreen:

I'd go again but nobody to watch it with :lol2:

Random side question, does "FTW" mean "for the win?"

Yes :lol2:

Saw the movie in 3D, well to be precise 80% of the movie... couldn't make the whole movie as it was getting late and the story was super predictable like now it's 7pm, wonder what time it will be 60 minutes from now.... ? :eusa_think:.... that predictable..

The 3D experience was nothing short of sensational but I didn't need 3 hours to realize it, 90 minutes would be enough... can't wait for my son to grow up so I can take him to watch 3D movies like the new Shrek ..

the story was super predictable like now it's 7pm, wonder what time it will be 60 minutes from now.... ? :eusa_think: .... that predictable..

:lol2: :lol2:

Saw the movie in 3D, well to be precise 80% of the movie... couldn't make the whole movie as it was getting late and the story was super predictable like now it's 7pm, wonder what time it will be 60 minutes from now.... ? :eusa_think:.... that predictable..

The 3D experience was nothing short of sensational but I didn't need 3 hours to realize it, 90 minutes would be enough... can't wait for my son to grow up so I can take him to watch 3D movies like the new Shrek ..

Wow I didn't know you had a son, how old is he?

Avatar has now reached 1.02 billion dollars, making it one out of five movies ever to do so.

This has also made James Cameron the only director to have two movies in the billion dollar club.

Pretty soon it will over take the other 3 movies and will be right behind Titanic, then Cameron will have directed the no. 1 and 2 highest grossing movies ever.

And all of this in only 17 days.

This thing is a beast!!

Avatar has now reached 1.02 billion dollars, making it one out of five movies ever to do so.

This has also made James Cameron the only director to have two movies in the billion dollar club.

Pretty soon it will over take the other 3 movies and will be right behind Titanic, then Cameron will have directed the no. 1 and 2 highest grossing movies ever.

And all of this in only 17 days.

This thing is a beast!!

Keep in mind that many of the tickets for this movie are double what the ticket prices were for movies like Titanic. The 3-d and Imax can add quite a bit. I paid 15 bucks for 3d imax.

I guess I'm one of a few that thought Avatar sucked. Boring, WAAAAYYYYY too long, a lot of sequences where nothing really happens, very predicatable, and annoying characters. I took my girlfriend to see it last week and I fell asleep for a bit of it. I saw it in 3D which was pretty cool and the glow in the dark stuff is neat.

I liked the movie, but this made me lol:

Funny... It's really embarrassing how thin is the story line of such a mega dollar movie... however don't get me wrong, movie is not a form of art anymore, it's pure business and as such I understand its a clear winner !

Funny... It's really embarrassing how thin is the story line of such a mega dollar movie... however don't get me wrong, movie is not a form of art anymore, it's pure business and as such I understand its a clear winner !

The thing is, I don't think Cameron makes his films to be purely commercial enterprises designed to make money, he seeks to create works of art. One doesn't need to adhere to an overly-simplified storyline to create a movie that is a work of art that will also make loads of $$$ I would think.