Mr. Cabron's Forbes Diablo thread

topcabron

I was let in early this morning to see my car at the Russo and Steele auction.

I was hopeful, but cautious. Well, the worst has happened (considering its just a car).

There is not one panel that has not been affected. There are so many bumps, dings, nicks, scrapes, rips, gouges. Its amazing how beat up this car is. The glass is completely shattered.

I feel so bad.....not for me but for the Lamborghini community. I feel like a piece of automotive history has disappeared. I somehow feel like I let all of you down. Why I feel this way is unclear.

Now, its up to the insurance company to unravel how to proceed. My guess is the car is done. I would rather have the car than the money. I should never had put the car in the auction. But, I cant go back, so I have to sort out my own discomfort.

I am open to suggestions. Never been through anything like this.

post-9296-1264289993_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1264290026_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1264290036_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1264290045_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1264290052_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1264290061_thumb.jpg

post-9296-1264290068_thumb.jpg

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously its probably a total, but the damage isnt that bad. I am sure it will be resurrected by somebody. Lets just hope they do a good job. I would see what the salvage buy back price was and be tempted to keep it.

DAMIT!

I was reading the other thread hoping for the best.

I can't imagine how devastated many folks are. Some of those cars had thousands of hours of blood, sweat and tears invested.

Whats done isdone...you live to fight another day.

Oh man... :( Im so sorry Jason. I have always loved that car. I hope it gets sorted out and that you are made 100% whole from your insurance or whatever insurance is responsible for it at the auction. Such a shame to see. :(

Keep us posted bud.

Edited: After reading the other thread, what a shame for so many owners. :(

obviously its probably a total, but the damage isnt that bad. I am sure it will be resurrected by somebody. Lets just hope they do a good job. I would see what the salvage buy back price was and be tempted to keep it.

thats what Im thinking.

Hopefully the settlement is high and the title is low.

I feel bad for you Jason but I am sure that you will not lose a dime on this deal, you might end up buying this car short from your insurance after getting fully compensated...

Who I feel even more then bad for are owners who restored their own cars from ground up and now face this devastation to their creations, that must be very painful.. :crybaby2:

wish you all the best with what happens.

My advice is that you shouldnt blame yourself for what happened. you put it in the auction because you wanted it sold nothing else.

Truely sorry about what happened, Jason. We've seen cars in much worse condition get restored, so hopefully it'll be back to its former glory sometime soon.

And don't blame yourself, it's not like you wrapped the car around a poll or drove it into a ditch, this was completely out of your hands.

And don't blame yourself, it's not like you wrapped the car around a poll or drove it into a ditch, this was completely out of your hands.

Absolutely. Sorry to hear about it, though. That sucks.

Im going to be honest and say it.... WHILE I DO FEEL BAD FOR YOU...... these statements of losing a bit of Lambo history, saying "THATS IT" when a $150k settlement was mentioned, the thread title and proclaiming you would rather have the car than the money, when the car was sitting on a auction block (thereby proving youd rather have the money than the car) are making me laugh :badgrin:

$150k is being thrown around?? Holy shit that is a lottery win for that car, not a catastrophe.

That is likely 2x what the car would have sold at auction for, I'd say it's a great day if I were you TC...

$150k is being thrown around?? Holy shit that is a lottery win for that car, not a catastrophe.

That is likely 2x what the car would have sold at auction for, I'd say it's a great day if I were you TC...

No, in another thread someone mentioned that they hoped the insurance company pays him $150k for the car, and he replied "Thats it"

Im going to be honest and say it.... WHILE I DO FEEL BAD FOR YOU...... these statements of losing a bit of Lambo history, saying "THATS IT" when a $150k settlement was mentioned, the thread title and proclaiming you would rather have the car than the money, when the car was sitting on a auction block (thereby proving youd rather have the money than the car) are making me laugh :badgrin:

Agree. The car was on the auction block. You had no control over who bought it or what would have been done to it after the sale. Yes, it's a shock and a loss, but maybe you would have had the same response to a sale. Make it easier to digest, just think that you sold it to the insurance company for the auction price. Same end result.......

:iamwithstupid: :lol2: :lol2: $150K :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

glad I could supply laughter you

did not expect that figure.....all though that would be nice

Agree. The car was on the auction block.

never made it to the auction, and there was a reserve.

:iamwithstupid: :lol2: :lol2: $150K :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

nice liberal use of smileys buddy

Sorry for your loss Jason, but I have to agree with the others here regarding the car being part of "lamborghini history". Either way, good luck with the insurance.

Car was for sale for ever at $89k with no takers with Roy (maybe even in the $70's at one point), now you're talking $150? Good luck with that!

What happened to the car? Hold to your guns on this one. I totaled a modified 98 Viper and got over a 6 figure settlement from my insurance company from it. Took two months to settle but it worked out nice in the end.

Cool it guys, keep it clean, Jason has lost his beloved Diablo. Treat him the same way you would want to be treated if you were in his place.

Car was for sale for ever at $89k with no takers with Roy (maybe even in the $70's at one point), now you're talking $150? Good luck with that!

I want to comment, but you just arent worth it.