Olympics Thread - All Things Vancouver Olympics

lambo1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP....

Was thinking of the safety issue as well... However from what was being said these things travel up to 70+ MPH. You hit that with you body and no protection, not much going to help you absorb that type of catastrophic impact.

RIP....

Was thinking of the safety issue as well... However from what was being said these things travel up to 70+ MPH. You hit that with you body and no protection, not much going to help you absorb that type of catastrophic impact.

I definitely see what you're saying but if he was to bounce off a wall, I think he would survive, as it wouldn't be a direct hit like the pole. No matter what, it's an absolutely tragedy.

It was discussed before the opening ceremony by Bob Costas and Matt Lauer. They said speeds over 90mph were being reached regularly in the bottom section of the track. This guy crashed coming out of the final turn.

that was nasty!

No way anyone would walk away from that.

RIP

That's terrible. RIP

MANY of the athletes have said this is the most dangerous course and it isn't safe enough to compete on.

I believe he was going over 90MPH when he hit the pole, and he didn't die on impact, but later in the day.

Terrible event though.

That's terrible. RIP

MANY of the athletes have said this is the most dangerous course and it isn't safe enough to compete on.

I believe he was going over 90MPH when he hit the pole, and he didn't die on impact, but later in the day.

Terrible event though.

:iamwithstupid:

single luge.

Came off a turn, got airborne, and went off the track, right into a concrete post.

ouch...that's sad..R.I.P

i always find that sport very dangerous because its so fast and theres no way to stop it..

The men will race on the same section as the women now.

The same track, they just start much more toward the bottom instead

of starting at the top. Very very sad....RIP

Anyone else watch Alexandre Bilodeau win the gold in mens moguls. I was super pumped and very humbled all at the same time. What a great day. Very proud to be Canadian right now. And its so cool that it happined right in my back yard. Figureatively speaking of course.