Hall Of Shame Lambos

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently those riced out cars from Japan are actually owned by yakuza. Theres now a documentary out called Underground Hero: Love To Hate Me.

apparently those riced out cars from Japan are actually owned by yakuza. Theres now a documentary out called Underground Hero: Love To Hate Me.

Sigh.... that is the owner of the pink Diablo from the 50th Giro, promoting his business, a media company. His wife is the girl sitting next to him.

Both are great, super nice people.

This is the real selves:

1073700_579226665449472_267826734_o.jpg

470973_579226785449460_2075953328_o.jpg

1078960_579226972116108_753638596_o.jpg

1014901_579227198782752_1856810714_o.jpg

1073904_579229088782563_227772804_o.jpg

64846_579229085449230_1451100978_n.jpg

1074612_579229112115894_117708663_o.jpg

1072251_416821448430351_1307104944_o.jpg

I'll chime in to what's going on here.

We first met Rashaad Newsome in 2010 through a mutual friend of mine, Rich Sha at Rennen International. Rich had been working with Rashaad on a project when Rashaad came up with an idea of candy paint on vintage frames, and had asked Rich where the best body shop in the tri-state for "Lamborghini type paint". Rich told him there was only one place to go- MAC, and arranged the meeting. Followed by a few meetings... and possibly a drunken gallery opening or two.

Rashaad had been displaying his artwork in these French Neo-Classical frames that were, literally, hundreds of years old. The idea dawned on him to make the frames part of the piece by adding his "touches" to them and having them painted in crazy bright and candied colors. Joe, being the maniac that he is, was of course down.

And here is a thread about how it all began...

http://forum.exotics4life.com/showthread.p...s-the-art-world

Joe is a personal friend and donates a LOT of time AND money helping people and displaying his cars. (He had the Fire Truck Lambo to help the Glen Cove Fire Department raise money, If I can find a pic I'll post it)

Don't let G999 read the articles or look at the pics on the magazine that this "Yakuza" had published. :rolleyes: :eusa_wall:

Sigh.... that is the owner of the pink Diablo from the 50th Giro, promoting his business, a media company. His wife is the girl sitting next to him.

Both are great, super nice people.

This is the real selves:

:iamwithstupid: Very cool guys!

:iamwithstupid: Thanks for the clarification guys. Not that I condone to some of the crazy things that the Japanese are doing; but they are pretty cool and definitely had established their own ways --- stylish or not --- to make a statement and tells the world that they certainly enjoy what they are doing.

I'll chime in to what's going on here.

And here is a thread about how it all began...

http://forum.exotics4life.com/showthread.p...s-the-art-world

Joe is a personal friend and donates a LOT of time AND money helping people and displaying his cars. (He had the Fire Truck Lambo to help the Glen Cove Fire Department raise money, If I can find a pic I'll post it)

+1 for Joe. He's a great guy. He's very involved with the automotive community and gives back a lot. He's very passionate about what he does, both with his cars and at MAC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Don't let G999 read the articles or look at the pics on the magazine that this "Yakuza" had published. :rolleyes: :eusa_wall:

the guy took part in a "documentary" where he claims to be yakuza, unless it was supposed to be an obvious spoof and i didnt get the memo then theres reason to believe that he may have been telling the truth. after the fact multiple members including yourself have posted that this guy is a magazine editor and not yakuza. at the end of the day it doesnt change much as that rolling abortion still belongs in this thread. i appolgoize if this has upset you :rolleyes: