I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Went and looked at Kimber Super carry pros

I got 2 kimbers a Custom II and an Ultra Carry II. Neither as nice as the Super Carry if my memory serves me correct. General thing with Kimbers are they are great out of the box no need to send to a smith to have the usual 1911 things done to them (they piss me off with only coming with one mag, come on it is a 1000 dollar gun, more annoyed that both times I have had to order them online because the shop didn't have any instock). As for the looks that is too pretty IMO. All my guns except one camo shotty, and a bunch of revolvers (purple one for the wife) are black. So I am sure I am biased in saying I don't like two tone guns.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob Burgundy
I got 2 kimbers a Custom II and an Ultra Carry II. Neither as nice as the Super Carry if my memory serves me correct. General thing with Kimbers are they are great out of the box no need to send to a smith to have the usual 1911 things done to them (they piss me off with only coming with one mag, come on it is a 1000 dollar gun, more annoyed that both times I have had to order them online because the shop didn't have any instock). As for the looks that is too pretty IMO. All my guns except one camo shotty, and a bunch of revolvers (purple one for the wife) are black. So I am sure I am biased in saying I don't like two tone guns.

I'm currently using a Berretta 96 40. And I prefer the all black but I would like something smaller and lighter.

I'm currently using a Berretta 96 40. And I prefer the all black but I would like something smaller and lighter.

If you are liking 1911's and want top of the line check out some of Wilson Combat's guns. The Bill Wilson Carry Pistol is nice and it is all black.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_bwc.htm

He also has some ultralight guns. (come in all black)

Big downfall is the price. Ouch.

I loved my ultra carry and it was small with the 3 inch barrel (and black too).

http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/pistols/ultracarry/

Not as many of the goodies as the other guns but price is pretty decent at under 900.

As for me I carry a Glock 30sf or a Rohrbaugh R9 (in my front pocket).

Guest Rob Burgundy
If you are liking 1911's and want top of the line check out some of Wilson Combat's guns. The Bill Wilson Carry Pistol is nice and it is all black.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_bwc.htm

He also has some ultralight guns. (come in all black)

Big downfall is the price. Ouch.

I loved my ultra carry and it was small with the 3 inch barrel (and black too).

http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/pistols/ultracarry/

Not as many of the goodies as the other guns but price is pretty decent at under 900.

As for me I carry a Glock 30sf or a Rohrbaugh R9 (in my front pocket).

I love that wilson 45. but OUCH is right!! "$2,850.00" :shock:

The Kimber ultra carry is nice,the place I was at didnt have any of those so I think ill check out a different shop and see if they have one I can look at. Thanks for the suggestions! :icon_super:

I likey! Have you ever fired one?

nope, but at the rate my father is buying guns, I will soon. Guy is buying $2000-$3000 I'm guns a month, and justifies it by calling them investments to my mother.

Anyone here ever built their own M4? I'm curious, what's the best place to start and what could you expect to spent on a decent one?

Its illegal to build an "M4", without a machine gun manufacturing permit. If you mean the AR equivalent, Yes... Ive built one.... (two actually).

You start with a stripped receiver. There are HUNDREDS of manufacturers of these... Ive seen these for under $100 in a group buy.... I have a "Mega" "Gator". The ones made of more exotic metals go for higher- 250-300 or so.

Grab a parts kit. (Another fifty bucks or so)

A stock (ditto).

Its a one hour gig at most... And I am a detail guy (I paint my serial numbers and receiver markings in that time as well, and honestly, thats the most time consuming part- If youre not an ocd freak like me, you can skip that all together...)

For the first time builder, I recommend a finished upper receiver... You can do it yourself, but it requires a couple of specialty tools that you probably dont want to buy for a one time gig.

A run of the mill plain jane flattop stag upper with the classic M16 handguards will run about 500 bucks... You start going for the tacticool rails, free float barrels or modern piston systems and you can easily spend three times that amount. So its all what you want and want to spend... You can get good deal on second hand stuff too.... I got my upper (its a cmmg flattop 1/7 16" with the 16 guards) for about 600 bucks.

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/Content/Vide...rippedLower.wmv

Anyone here ever built their own M4? I'm curious, what's the best place to start and what could you expect to spent on a decent one?

The problem is once you build one, it becomes a sickness and you think of all sorts of different configurations you "need" and it becomes much more expensive than you think. I built a "M4" AR clone last summer and now I have two more rifles in various states of completion. I probably have around $1800 into my first AR but that's using higher end stuff. My current project (a K.I.S.S. A2 style) should only be about $600 once it's all said and done.

AR-15 and Bohica MK-III .50BMG in various states of completion.

post-7359-1290942681.jpg

The problem is once you build one, it becomes a sickness and you think of all sorts of different configurations you "need" and it becomes much more expensive than you think. I built a "M4" AR clone last summer and now I have two more rifles in various states of completion. I probably have around $1800 into my first AR but that's using higher end stuff. My current project (a K.I.S.S. A2 style) should only be about $600 once it's all said and done.

AR-15 and Bohica MK-III .50BMG in various states of completion.

2010_05_17_18.00.59.jpg

True.... But thats the case with any AR... And whats nice is, you dont need to buy a whole new gun.... Just different uppers....

True.... But thats the case with any AR... And whats nice is, you dont need to buy a whole new gun.... Just different uppers....

:iamwithstupid:

I just just figure it's never a bad thing to have a couple extra rifles around. Although extra uppers in 5.45x39 and .50 Beowulf are high on my list of fun range toys.

IMG_0773.JPG

I have a whole new respect for the IDF... THIS fcuking THING IS HEAVY!!! Working the slide takes forearms of steel.

Best battlefield SMG, on account of the open bolt, long barrel, and other awesome features. At night, the hand can always find the other hand (think changing mags).

Best battlefield SMG, on account of the open bolt, long barrel, and other awesome features. At night, the hand can always find the other hand (think changing mags).

My bolt is closed.

My bolt is closed.

They offer both open and closed bolt, in full auto.

The semi, is a closed bolt.

Took my Wife to the shooting range finally. She is fully knowledgeable on how to kill someone now with my S&W 9mm.

There are two rooms in this indoor range, and I hear a class 3 full auto machine gun going off in the other room, so I say fcuk it, I am going to rapid fire my 9mm for a while to see how it goes, knowing that it says not to on the form you sign. So this douche floor sweeper comes up to me and tells me to slow it down. I tell him there is a guy next door going full auto (which I assume was one of the employees). He proceeds to tell me "yeah but that's a full auto gun though." and I must not have read the form I signed in an asshole tone. I told him I did read it, but considered it null and void if you are allowed to shoot class 3 weapons in here. He walked away pissed and mumbling. I felt like pistol whipping that asshole, but figured I would be outgunned very soon if I did.

Why would they not allow rapid fire on a semi auto, but then allow someone to go full auto?

They offer both open and closed bolt, in full auto.

The semi, is a closed bolt.

All open bolt guns have to be registered prior to 86 or they are illegal machine guns per ATF.

All open bolt guns have to be registered prior to 86 or they are illegal machine guns per ATF.

I have a pre-86 D.S. :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 months later...

The Mk11 Mod0 build.... Almost done... Still need to get my hands on an obermyer barrel before I can mount my front gas block and BUIS.

IMG_0952.JPG

The Mk11 Mod0 build.... Almost done... Still need to get my hands on an obermyer barrel before I can mount my front gas block and BUIS.

I don't know enough about guns to really know what I'm looking at but it all looks very entertaining. :icon_super: