I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He meant the gun he got isn't a bullpup, so it couldn't be a Tavor.

Oh, I know nothing about guns, that was just my first guess since I saw it on TV, I thought a bullpup was something different.

Oh, I know nothing about guns, that was just my first guess since I saw it on TV, I thought a bullpup was something different.

A "Bullpup" is a rifle with the magazine, receiver and chamber moved BEHIND the trigger mechanism. It allows a gun to have a longer barrel (more accuracy higher muzzle velocity and longer range), with an overall shorter length than a conventional rifle of the same specs.

Lapua is finally done....

Remington 700 .338 Lapua Magnum

Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NSX

Near Mfg 30 MOA Rail

Nightforce 1" rings

Timney Trigger

Harris Bipod.

IMG_0764.JPG

Makes it much easier to "reach out and touch someone" on the new farm in KY? Very nice. They have a very long range shooting center out east of me in GA that I have wanted to check out for a while. You can exceed 6-700 yards I think. Here is the site http://www.gunsitehills.com/. That little "toy" would be fun to play with out there.

Finally picking up my Benelli soon. What a PIA it is to get registered as it is a 12 guage short barrel tactical shotgun, so they made me go through a TON of red tape to be able to buy it.

Here is a photo of it. From now on, those who break in to my house or endanger my family will have irreversible holes left in them. :shock:

post-679-1288798973.jpg

Finally picking up my Benelli soon. What a PIA it is to get registered as it is a 12 guage short barrel tactical shotgun, so they made me go through a TON of red tape to be able to buy it.

Nice purchase. Talk about a PIA - I'm trying to get a concealed carry permit here in MA. If you're not a VIP/ HRT its pretty much impossible to get a CC permit in this state...

Lapua is finally done....

Remington 700 .338 Lapua Magnum

Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NSX

Near Mfg 30 MOA Rail

Nightforce 1" rings

Timney Trigger

Harris Bipod.

Badass gun! The 700 goes a long way in helping our country remove bad guys from the world! ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_700

From the article:

Both the U.S. Army's M24 Sniper Weapon System and U.S. Marine Corps' M40 sniper rifles are built from the Remington Model 700 rifle, in different degrees of modification, the main difference being the custom fitted heavy contour barrel. The M24 uses the long action bolt-face, whereas the M40 uses the short action. The reason for this difference is that the M24 was originally intended to chamber the longer .30-06 round.[6][7]

The United States Army’s Joint Munitions and Lethality Contracting Center has awarded Remington a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) Indefinite Delivery/ Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contract (W15QKN-10-R-0403) for the upgrade of up to 3,600 M24 Sniper Weapon Systems (SWS) currently fielded to the Army pending type classification as the “M24E1”. The major configuration change for this system is the caliber conversion from 7.62mm NATO (.308 Winchester) to .300 Winchester Magnum to provide soldier’s with additional precision engagement capability and range. The contract is for a five (5) year period and has guaranteed minimum value of $192K with a potential value of up to $28.2 million. This award follows a full and open competitive evaluation lasting 9 months, which began with the release of the Army’s Request for Proposal (RFP) on 13 January 2010. The program will be executed under the authority of Project Manager Soldier Weapons, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ, and managed by its subordinate unit, Product Manager Individual Weapons

Hmmmm....I know my way around that office! :icon_mrgreen:

Badass gun! The 700 goes a long way in helping our country remove bad guys from the world! ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_700

From the article:

Both the U.S. Army's M24 Sniper Weapon System and U.S. Marine Corps' M40 sniper rifles are built from the Remington Model 700 rifle, in different degrees of modification, the main difference being the custom fitted heavy contour barrel. The M24 uses the long action bolt-face, whereas the M40 uses the short action. The reason for this difference is that the M24 was originally intended to chamber the longer .30-06 round.[6][7]

The United States Army’s Joint Munitions and Lethality Contracting Center has awarded Remington a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) Indefinite Delivery/ Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contract (W15QKN-10-R-0403) for the upgrade of up to 3,600 M24 Sniper Weapon Systems (SWS) currently fielded to the Army pending type classification as the “M24E1”. The major configuration change for this system is the caliber conversion from 7.62mm NATO (.308 Winchester) to .300 Winchester Magnum to provide soldier’s with additional precision engagement capability and range. The contract is for a five (5) year period and has guaranteed minimum value of $192K with a potential value of up to $28.2 million. This award follows a full and open competitive evaluation lasting 9 months, which began with the release of the Army’s Request for Proposal (RFP) on 13 January 2010. The program will be executed under the authority of Project Manager Soldier Weapons, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ, and managed by its subordinate unit, Product Manager Individual Weapons

Hmmmm....I know my way around that office! :icon_mrgreen:

.300 Win Mag is a nice round... Big Improvement over the .308.. But its no .338 LM. I think the guys in East Crapistan are still going to be disappointed they have to lug the .50.

300px_Anti_personnel_sniper_cartridges.jpg

IMG_0773.JPG

I have a whole new respect for the IDF... THIS fcuking THING IS HEAVY!!! Working the slide takes forearms of steel.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost bought a S&W 500 series revolver today. Couldn't talk him down enough, and I wasn't spending $1000 on a handgun today. I took a picture of it next to my S&W 9, and will post it later on.

It is the moat powerful handgun made supposedly, and the dealer kept raving about putting 400 grain bullets in it.

Almost bought a S&W 500 series revolver today. Couldn't talk him down enough, and I wasn't spending $1000 on a handgun today. I took a picture of it next to my S&W 9, and will post it later on.

It is the moat powerful handgun made supposedly, and the dealer kept raving about putting 400 grain bullets in it.

I use 325gr in mine and they still kick like a beast. A box of 25 beats the shit out of you. Last time I took it to the range it bite two of my friends (both experianced shooters). It is not as bad as some people make it out to be but it will rattle the fillings in your teeth. About 10-15 rounds and I am good for the month with it. Mine is the 8 3/4 inch.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Went and looked at Kimber Super carry pros today,I love the feel of the gu n and I found it to be very accurate. Only thing that stopped me from purchasing it was the look (silly right?) I didn't really care for the two tone finish. Is anyone using this thing? Is the look something I should just get over and get or is there something else I should be looking at? large_supercarry_pro.jpg

Guest Rob Burgundy
This is the next one I want...

What is that and what are the specs?!