I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new toys :)

FNH SCAR 16S with Elcan SpecterDR scope - 2 in 1 scope, CQB and 4x magnification. Just flip a switch and it goes from 1x for CQB to 4x for medium range. You can choose a red dot or illuminated reticle. Green laser/LED light fore-grip. I got a Surefire suppressor for it but have to wait 3 to 4 months for the paper work to clear and get the tax stamp for it.

IMG_3950_3_1.JPG

Mini_Suppressor_large.png

H&K USP Tactical 45 with Surefire LED Light/Red Laser. Waiting on the suppressor too.

IMG_3955_1.JPG

Springfield Armory XDm 9mm with Surefire LED Light/Red Laser.

IMG_3958_1.JPG

I like the HK.... And the SCAR is the gun of the future.... Everybody is switching to it.

My new toys :)

FNH SCAR 16S with Elcan SpecterDR scope - 2 in 1 scope, CQB and 4x magnification. Just flip a switch and it goes from 1x for CQB to 4x for medium range. You can choose a red dot or illuminated reticle. Green laser/LED light fore-grip. I got a Surefire suppressor for it but have to wait 3 to 4 months for the paper work to clear and get the tax stamp for it.

Love the scar!

Well I promised myself that my first pistol would be the one that every American male is supposed to own...

And here she is:

1smaller.th.jpg

2smaller.th.jpg

Springfield Armory 1911 GI

• 2 weeks later...

Nice SCAR. I actually picked up a bushmaster ACR 2 weekends ago. I liked it a bit better than the scar due to the charging handle not flying back. Other than that felt pretty similar. Got it in FDE. Finished this guy off last night. No 338 lapula but still nice for long range.

Noveske N6 lower, Gisselle Match Trigger, Magpul PRS stock, Harris Bipod with Larue mount, Night force 12x42 optic with larue mount, and an armalite national match upper. Yup good old AR10 love. Was originally going to go with a noveske or GAP upper but couldn't find any.

post-8729-1282055846.jpg

Nice SCAR. I actually picked up a bushmaster ACR 2 weekends ago. I liked it a bit better than the scar due to the charging handle not flying back. Other than that felt pretty similar. Got it in FDE. Finished this guy off last night. No 338 lapula but still nice for long range.

Any pics of the ACR?

Safety Harbor KEG 12 ("Kompact Entry Gun") Smooth Bore Pistol ("Any Other Weapon" under the NFA).

maybe i missed the post. but where can i find something like this?

there was company in Florida making them but i cant remember the name.

Noveske N6 lower, Gisselle Match Trigger, Magpul PRS stock, Harris Bipod with Larue mount, Night force 12x42 optic with larue mount, and an armalite national match upper. Yup good old AR10 love. Was originally going to go with a noveske or GAP upper but couldn't find any.

photo10.jpg

Very SASSy!

I have a very similar set up (incl the giessele and prs) I have the fulton upper sidecocker....

photo10.jpg

Very SASSy!

I have a very similar set up (incl the giessele and prs) I have the fulton upper sidecocker....

Any pics of the ACR?

No. It is at my storage facility (family members house) in NH. I moved to MA a few months ago which is an AWB state so my nice stuff I didn't want to mod stays in NH (colts, noveske's, LMT, LWRCI..). I miss NH, esp since the murci fund became down payment and I have about 50 guns and 30,000 rounds of ammo staying somewhere else. Oh well, had a kid and then wanted to live in a swanky town with short commute to work to benefit him. It is OK, I still have 4 months before I turn 30 and that was a goal of mine to buy a lambo before 30. Maybe I will go buy a used gallardo before then to stay on track. LOL

• 1 month later...

Finally put this bad boy together.... (Had to have something to do while watching the lack of defense at Arkansas/Auburn)

Mk14 Mod 0 EBR!!!!

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

So i've been reading this thread since it started as it's quite interesting to get a perspective of things of there, but there's one question still floating around in my head. I've noticed more than a few members talking about modifying their guns to various extents, but how common is this among the general population?

Given the nature of this forum I can't help but wonder if most members here aren't more comfortable than the average person to tinker with their possesions.

So i've been reading this thread since it started as it's quite interesting to get a perspective of things of there, but there's one question still floating around in my head. I've noticed more than a few members talking about modifying their guns to various extents, but how common is this among the general population?

Given the nature of this forum I can't help but wonder if most members here aren't more comfortable than the average person to tinker with their possesions.

Im sort of an amateur armorer/gunsmith.... There isnt much on a firearm Im not comfortable taking apart and putting back together again.... I remember the first time I completely stripped the receiver (Bolt, FCG, ETC) on my Mossburg Shotgun and thought "There is no fcuking way Ill ever get all those parts back in that gun". But I did... No instructions or help..... And everything else is EASY compared to that.

Since then Ive built several guns from kits... So I only need a gunsmith if I really fcuk up (To date, Ive never fucked up that bad, but I figure the second I say that will be the day I do)- But Im the minority.... Probably 10% of gun owners would feel that comfortable- To take a pile of metal and springs and turn it into something as precise as a semi auto firearm.

I think probably 30-40% or so of gun owners are capable of doing at least minor maintenance on the guns (Stripping, cleaning, adding accessories etc), but my guess is, still more than half just buy a gun and a box of shells, throw both in a drawer, and never look at them again.

• 2 weeks later...
:zthread needs pics:

10 day waiting period...

But Ill give you a hint...

260px_Star_of_David_svg.png

Finally put this bad boy together.... (Had to have something to do while watching the lack of defense at Arkansas/Auburn)

Mk14 Mod 0 EBR!!!!

Reminds me of this...

Desert Eagle?

Nope.

Jeesh... I thought for sure my hint would give it away...