I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

awesome, which HK was it?

P30 or P30L, not sure which one. Glock was a 19

Glad you had a blast! It is a very fun hobby. FYI but it is a mag or magazine and then a mag or magazine release. Just want to help you to have the lingo down to help you out at the range with the guys!

:icon_thumleft: thanks!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izhmash and Saiga imports banned.

NRA won't do shit.

I don't think that there is much the NRA can do on this one. The bans are due to an overall slew of sanctions placed on Russia right now. Also the public relations there probably wouldn't look right. I believe there are non-Russian AK variant guns and ammo though that one can buy.

Ive got an itch to get a wheel gun lately, anyone have any advice (i was thinking .357 or .44 mag) I want something a little unique too and keep in mind the Chiappa Rhino is out as Im a CA resident. It will pretty much be a range gun and maybe a bedside safe gun so no carry concerns. Ive shot the 686's and while it is a great gun its just a little common place for me, I like it when i take a gun out at the range people do double takes, even if its only a 90 dollar mosin thats odd for some reason.

Ive got an itch to get a wheel gun lately, anyone have any advice (i was thinking .357 or .44 mag) I want something a little unique too and keep in mind the Chiappa Rhino is out as Im a CA resident. It will pretty much be a range gun and maybe a bedside safe gun so no carry concerns. Ive shot the 686's and while it is a great gun its just a little common place for me, I like it when i take a gun out at the range people do double takes, even if its only a 90 dollar mosin thats odd for some reason.

The S&W TRR8 is worth a look. 8 shot .357 with rails.

Charlie,

A buddy of mine is looking to get a KAC SR-15 Mod 1. He is currently going to purchase it and then get it cerakoted FDE. I am wondering if you have any contacts with KAC where he can get the gun already in FDE or know of anyone who has one in FDE ready for purchase.

The S&W TRR8 is worth a look. 8 shot .357 with rails.

I have the S&W 627 Pro which is essentially this same gun with the normal SS frame, minus the rails. It's been flawless, and the factory grips are fantastic. I do shoot it quite a bit and liked the added weight of the original vs the scandium frame TRR.

He can always just man up and get a S&W 460XVR or 500. I can with 110% certainty guarantee that EVERYONE will have a look when you pull either of those out at the range. If they didn't notice at first they sure as shit will the first time you send one down range :icon_mrgreen:

You can get the Rhino, rifle gear has them. I had one, its a BBQ gun at best.

Charlie,

A buddy of mine is looking to get a KAC SR-15 Mod 1. He is currently going to purchase it and then get it cerakoted FDE. I am wondering if you have any contacts with KAC where he can get the gun already in FDE or know of anyone who has one in FDE ready for purchase.

I can look into this for you no problem. We know the owner well. We will contact KAC directly to see. If they do have one in FDE or can do that for us you can have your friend purchase it through us. Keep you posted.

I may sell mine if he needs one fast. Custom paint, Timney trigger, micro slicked bolt. In great condition. But I would not sell it for less than $1,800.

Charlie,

Also have your friend look at ArsenalDemocracy.com I can hook him up with a much better platform than the Knight's SR15. I love the SR15 but the AD R33 hands down better weapon for $1,900 new and I can get whatever paint scheme he wants. This one is pretty cool in AD Bronze…or OEF X amphib

post-10287-1406320420_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1406320436.jpg

I can look into this for you no problem. We know the owner well. We will contact KAC directly to see. If they do have one in FDE or can do that for us you can have your friend purchase it through us. Keep you posted.

I may sell mine if he needs one fast. Custom paint, Timney trigger, micro slicked bolt. In great condition. But I would not sell it for less than $1,800.

Also have your friend look at ArsenalDemocracy.com I can hook him up with a much better platform than the Knight's SR15. I love the SR15 but the AD R33 hands down better weapon for $1,900 new and I can get whatever paint scheme he wants. This one is pretty cool in AD Bronze…or OEF X amphib

Thanks a ton Charlie! Passed the info along. He is a great guy that does a ton of stuff for the vets. Always going off to a WWII reenactment and spends every vacation touring battlefields. His basement is a freaking shrine to WWII and included the dress blues of the first confirmed KIA at Pearl Harbor. He also has quite a collection of NFA including some mortors, a FA 1919, 2 FA Tommy Guns and he just added a FA Sten to the mix. Great guy all around.

Just checked out Arsenal Democracy's website again and I saw some familiar faces. A bearded fellow I recognized looking like more of a badass then usual and the tattooed hottie who somehow finds it comfortable to wear body armor with out any clothing on!

I made need to do an AD sbr before I do my SCAR build!!!!

Yes I will take that in bronze please k thx. Seriously. Need to find ffl in Houston I suppose.

Just checked out Arsenal Democracy's website again and I saw some familiar faces. A bearded fellow I recognized looking like more of a badass then usual and the tattooed hottie who somehow finds it comfortable to wear body armor with out any clothing on!

I made need to do an AD sbr before I do my SCAR build!!!!

We will totally hook you and your Bro up! Let me know if he is interested in my SR15 used. When you are ready for the SBR just say the word...and yes definitely get that before you bother getting a Scar. I never touch my Scars.

Yes I will take that in bronze please k thx. Seriously. Need to find ffl in Houston I suppose.

We can handle that for you Bro. You put in your order and color, etc and when it is complete we will send it out to an FFL close to you for you to pick up and sign over.

We will totally hook you and your Bro up! Let me know if he is interested in my SR15 used. When you are ready for the SBR just say the word...and yes definitely get that before you bother getting a Scar. I never touch my Scars.

Talked with my boy today a d he already changed his mind!!!! He is doing some sort of mark 12 mod 1 build now modeled after something crane industries puts together. Who knows with him!

Why no SCAR love? I may need to buy on of yours and give it the attention it needs!!!!

What stock is this? A 12.5 upper with a can and this stock would look badass.

post-24965-1406415308_thumb.png

He can always just man up and get a S&W 460XVR or 500. I can with 110% certainty guarantee that EVERYONE will have a look when you pull either of those out at the range. If they didn't notice at first they sure as shit will the first time you send one down range :icon_mrgreen:

I have always loved the 460 (its just such a meaty/beastly looking hunk of steel) but i didnt realize until just today you can shoot 454 and 45 long colt through it. That makes it all kinds of appealing to me now because my big fear was always how expensive and hard to find the ammo was.

definitely gonna look at these alot closer now.

now we will have to see if I can make a decision before i ship back out or if it will be a Christmas present to myself.

I have always loved the 460 (its just such a meaty/beastly looking hunk of steel) but i didnt realize until just today you can shoot 454 and 45 long colt through it. That makes it all kinds of appealing to me now because my big fear was always how expensive and hard to find the ammo was.

definitely gonna look at these alot closer now.

now we will have to see if I can make a decision before i ship back out or if it will be a Christmas present to myself.

Hell yeah, and in the same frame as the .500! I've had to control myself from buying the 5" 460 a few times. At some point I will definitely have one.

The 8" and 12" have a scope rail also, if you want to hunt grizzly bear with a fcuking handgun. :icon_mrgreen:

Hell yeah, and in the same frame as the .500! I've had to control myself from buying the 5" 460 a few times. At some point I will definitely have one.

The 8" and 12" have a scope rail also, if you want to hunt grizzly bear with a fcuking handgun. :icon_mrgreen:

yeah the 5 inch barel just looks "right" somehow now i just want to shoot it once before i buy it..... hmmm I might have to go hit vegas, DARN.

Is the micro slick like nickel-boron coatings? Any difference? Never heard of it

Talked with my boy today a d he already changed his mind!!!! He is doing some sort of mark 12 mod 1 build now modeled after something crane industries puts together. Who knows with him!

Why no SCAR love? I may need to buy on of yours and give it the attention it needs!!!!

What stock is this? A 12.5 upper with a can and this stock would look badass.

post-24965-1406415308_thumb.png

I think the Scar is a good platform. Ambi is nice, can run super dirty, etc. The SBR is by far the way to go with the light and heavy. BUT, it is not a replacement for a AD AR for example or an Knight's SR15.

As for the image you chose - that is in the works and they are fine tuning it right now. It is pretty badass! If you are serious about one message me.

My company is engineering a badass bolt gun chasis right now and will have it for sale in the next month or two. Keep you posted on that.

Is the micro slick like nickel-boron coatings? Any difference? Never heard of it

I did a quick google query for you. This link is not the company that did mine but provides great information:

http://www.madcustomcoating.com/microslick/

I did a quick google query for you. This link is not the company that did mine but provides great information:

http://www.madcustomcoating.com/microslick/

Yea I did a quick Google before I asked. What I meant was for the end user is the micro slick as nice as NiB for cleaning etc... I actually read that same link I believe but wasn't sure if it was hype or truth.

You obviously run your guns harder than most of us so wasn't sure if you found the micro slick superior or if it was just a preference thing.

The micro slick works great! Would definitely do it again. The NiB will pretty much do the same thing. Simple way to put it is we try to run our weapons with the least amount of lubricant because in many envts the lube attracts the dust…esp in open vehicle, windy envts, or just being in the desert for long periods of time. These types of options provide you with a bolt that feels like it is lubed but it is dry. Pretty impressive. I still run light lube on my weapons but cleaning them is so much easier and you just have to clean them less often.