I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Been a great couple of months. Efile f4 for my 22lr and 762 cans were approved in 6 mos and efile f1 for my 300blk lower was approved in 4 mos.

I originally bought the 22lr can for my Sig Mosquito, but I ended up buying a Savage Mark II FV-SR for the can. I think it's my new favorite setup (I've upgraded the stock to a Boyd's Tacticool since the pic was taken):

14082782819_5d1fcc7a7c_b.jpg

AAC MPW 9:

14322342538_1c4e3f0e5c_b.jpg

AAC MPW 9 + AAC 762-SDN:

14508936885_c1213bd60f_b.jpg

Next gun I'm getting will be the new HK VP9 striker-fired pistol. Then I think I'm done for a while. :D

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i need a new stock for my mark ii fv-sr is what you are saying!!!

There's nothing wrong w/ the factory plastic stock, but the Boyd's Tacticool is so much better:

There's nothing wrong w/ the factory plastic stock, but the Boyd's Tacticool is so much better:

ive got the same exact gun (except no can for me) and I love the tacticool stock

Great week last week with OAF (Operator As fcuk on Facebook). Some cool videos we did and some cool images coming soon!

post-10287-1404140239_thumb.jpg

Haahaa thank you guys! Here are a few more pics that I personally took that day from my iPhone:

post-10287-1404226746_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1404226773_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1404226827_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1404226859_thumb.jpg

does anyone have any opinion on Northtech barrels? I have a few stripped lowers collecting dust and want to do a completely pimped out (read high end) build.. I have a collection of AR's already and they are all starting to feel the same and i'm getting bored. I went the AK route, the AR route, the high end 308 route.. not really sure where to focus now without dropping 15-20k on a sear or registered receiver (which I don't have the money for at the moment).

I also found this picture that I thought you guys would like of a few of the lead throwers.

76698454c7ff11e2b03722000a1fc75a_7_zps6b

You are not playing around!!!! When you say you have gone the 308 route what all have you done? Assuming you already have a SCAR and a HK-91/clone I would go bolt action. You need an Remington M24/700 clone. I also would look at doing a HK PSG-1 Clone.

As for your AR lowers...any 9mm carbine set ups? I's SBR a lower, throw a RRA 9mm on the top and go to town!

Buying a Bushmaster M4 off a buddy for cheap! I know its not the best brand out there but it will do the job for now. And helping a friend that is in need of cash.

Don't let any of the high end AR snobs fool you. Bushmaster makesa fine AR! Post some pics or the model number when you have a chance. Pretty much everything they make should go bang ever time you pull the trigger.

Make sure to check the chambering...5.56 and .223 are NOT the same thing.

California to Texas Gun Translations:

CALIFORNIA.................................TEXAS

Arsenal...........................................Gun Collection

Heavily Armed..................................Well-protected

Commonsense Gun Control................Gun Confiscation Plot

Sniper Rifle.........................................Scoped Deer Rifle

High Capacity Magazine.......................Standard Capacity Magazine

The Gun Lobby....................................NRA Members

Assault Weapon...................................Semi-Auto (Grandpa’s M1 Carbine)

Ammunition Stockpile....................Enough To Get Through A Trip To The Range

Gunfire Killed.........................................The Killer Shot

Shoulder Thing That Goes Up...................Huh?

Strap-On...............................................Open Carry

Gun Nut................................................Citizen

Ammunition Cache.............................Down To 2,000 Rounds, Must Go Shopping

The Gun Went Off....................................Idiot Pulled The Trigger

Civilized Society.......................................Disarmed Society

Full Auto..................................................Semi-Auto

Clip.........................................................Magazine

911..........................................................Colt 1911

Arms Trafficker..........................................State Senator

Gunfire......................................................Plinking

Arrested For Carrying Gun In Car...................Tuesday

Privileges Granted By The State......................Rights

Common Sense Regulation.............................Infringement

Domestic Terrorists.......................................Law-Abiding Gun Owners

Taxes..........................................................Texas (not technically guns but still fits)

Don't let any of the high end AR snobs fool you. Bushmaster makesa fine AR! .... Pretty much everything they make should go bang ever time you pull the trigger.

Yeah! Cheap AR's are fine unless you're competing in an ARFcom dick measuring contest. Heck, of the guys I shoot with, the "fancy" AR's are more prone to issues than the cheapies. I am not enough of an aficionado to want to deal with unnecessary stoppages - it just needs to go bang every time. In an AR, I'll gladly trade 1/2 MOA (or whatever) for reliability.

Don't let any of the high end AR snobs fool you. Bushmaster makesa fine AR! Post some pics or the model number when you have a chance. Pretty much everything they make should go bang ever time you pull the trigger.

Make sure to check the chambering...5.56 and .223 are NOT the same thing.

Here it is. Its a Carbon 15. As far as I know it will shoot both 5.56 and .223. Ill look into it to make sure. Its pretty basic, but thats what I wanted so I could make it my own since I dont sell guns.

The only reason I want an AR is for hunting things like Prairie Dogs and Coyotes. Ive been thinking about just a basic bolt action 223, but those go for just as much if not more than ARs. So thats why I decided this is what I want.

post-7086-1404871224_thumb.jpg

Carbon series is a great lightweight AR. Keep an eye on the upper where the barrel nut screws on as some of the early polymer uppers had cracking there. If you run an optic keep in mind you may want a riser in order to get a lower 1/3 cowitness with the iron sights. RRA makes a mount called the Dominator 2 that is awesome with an eotech.

The lower should be stamped with the caliber and you can also look for it on the barrel. 5.55 can also shoot .223 while .223 can't shoot anything else.

The lower should be stamped with the caliber and you can also look for it on the barrel. 5.55 can also shoot .223 while .223 can't shoot anything else.

Lower has both stamped.

Buying a Bushmaster M4 off a buddy for cheap! I know its not the best brand out there but it will do the job for now. And helping a friend that is in need of cash.

Bushmaster makes a good gun. Nothing wrong with them at all. They are good as any of the big makers.

I am sorry but their is no comparison with the "top of the line" Bushmaster and for example an Arsenal Democracy AR. www.arsenaldemocracy.com

I am sorry but their is no comparison with the "top of the line" Bushmaster and for example an Arsenal Democracy AR. www.arsenaldemocracy.com

You've been pimping AD and they make a nice gun! I just think you run in a different class then most of us. Would I take a Bushmaster to battle with me....no. Would I be glad to have it in the closet in case SHTF....yup! Would I take it to the range and turn money in to noise one 30 round mag at a time...HELL YEAH!

You've been pimping AD and they make a nice gun! I just think you run in a different class then most of us. Would I take a Bushmaster to battle with me....no. Would I be glad to have it in the closet in case SHTF....yup! Would I take it to the range and turn money in to noise one 30 round mag at a time...HELL YEAH!

I totally agree with your statement…their are so many great AR platforms you really can not go wrong if you are just going to a range and shooting ipsc targets. With that being said you get what you pay for at the same time. Also realize what will that weapon be worth used and does it hold it's value. Some weapon platforms are way easier to re-sell than others and some hold their value better than others (stating the obvious here I know).

I am getting another Glock 35 custom build here in a month. I will have one of the first custom trigger pacs available - did T&E on these and they will be the biggest craze once out on the market. I will also have one of the first new mag wells. Will be running a 35 and 34 threaded barrel (able to shoot 9/40). I also have a 8.5 full auto 300 BO and a 10.5 full auto AR getting shipped to me once the build is completed.