So lately Ive been thinking

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early 930 with big ass single turbo, maybe even a 934 like project. Super cool and you won't lose a penny. The 997 feels way to cheap to justify the $.

Early 930 with big ass single turbo, maybe even a 934 like project. Super cool and you won't lose a penny. The 997 feels way to cheap to justify the $.

Nah, i did those 20 years ago.. Feels like driving a VW to me now.

I think your done man...............your at that point where you've had everything out there that you could possibly want and nothing excites you anymore so my suggestion is to start collecting what you love and not worry about it. I think a countach or a diablo of special nature would be up your alley even though you've had them both already. Add them one at time and drive them every now and then. thats it.

I completely agree. Took the words right out of my mouth!! Makes the most sense.

I have a friend in Switzerland that went through the same thing. He has owned more exotics than I can even remember. I think he still has a few,but today he just drives a Land Rover ...and flies helicopters.

BMW M1 with a procar body . Turbo motor. Car weighs 2800lbs . You will be the only one in the USA with one, faster than a 930, better car than a Pantera and will only appreciate with time.

BMW M1 with a procar body . Turbo motor. Car weighs 2800lbs . You will be the only one in the USA with one, faster than a 930, better car than a Pantera and will only appreciate with time.

The one in your avatar? If so do that!!!

The one in your avatar? If so do that!!!

Sort of. The one in my avatar is a procar so it would be the same body style

Getting a R34 Skyline GT-R into America could be a fun project!

SOLD! 50K!

I vote Phantom. There is nothing like it and if you get one that's less than 5 years old, everything on it is still covered so it doesn't cost you anything but depreciation (already factored in), insurance, fuel and tires. Everything else is included. Most dealers will even wash it for you. It's not the most exciting thing to drive, but there is NOTHING that drives like it anywhere. You think you get attention from girls now, it's 10X over any Lamborghini. (girls per mile is way higher) Not only that, most restaurants and clubs give it higher status than anything out there. They will always make room for the Phantom and put it right in front of where ever you go. You have the TT and just about anything else will feel like something less, so why buy something that won't really get you out of the TT?

When I looked for other cars, I looked for something that would get me out of the LP640R and the only thing I could think of was either spend a lot more money for just a fraction of better performance, or go with something on the complete opposite edge of the spectrum so I went with the Phantom and I enjoy every mile. It's a pleasant break from the LP670SV, perfect for LA traffic, and it's extremely unique. As for the Drophead, when I bought my RR, their values were going south fast, even faster than the Phantom Sedan. A nice 2006 Phantom will be in the $225k range and it will hold its value well until you're tired of it and can cross it off your been-there-done-that list.

If you're getting rid of the TT, then I'd go with an SV. I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with mine and the refinements are something.

Someone made a comment about a lot of used SVs coming up when the replacement for the Murc comes out. I don't think so. There are fewer than 40 SVs in the US now and as far as anyone knows there will never be any more. Right now from what I hear if you want one new you have your choice of three colors, one yellow, two white (possibly three) and two black, and that's about it.

I vote Phantom. There is nothing like it and if you get one that's less than 5 years old, everything on it is still covered so it doesn't cost you anything but depreciation (already factored in), insurance, fuel and tires. Everything else is included. Most dealers will even wash it for you. It's not the most exciting thing to drive, but there is NOTHING that drives like it anywhere. You think you get attention from girls now, it's 10X over any Lamborghini. (girls per mile is way higher) Not only that, most restaurants and clubs give it higher status than anything out there. They will always make room for the Phantom and put it right in front of where ever you go. You have the TT and just about anything else will feel like something less, so why buy something that won't really get you out of the TT?

When I looked for other cars, I looked for something that would get me out of the LP640R and the only thing I could think of was either spend a lot more money for just a fraction of better performance, or go with something on the complete opposite edge of the spectrum so I went with the Phantom and I enjoy every mile. It's a pleasant break from the LP670SV, perfect for LA traffic, and it's extremely unique. As for the Drophead, when I bought my RR, their values were going south fast, even faster than the Phantom Sedan. A nice 2006 Phantom will be in the $225k range and it will hold its value well until you're tired of it and can cross it off your been-there-done-that list.

If you're getting rid of the TT, then I'd go with an SV. I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with mine and the refinements are something.

Someone made a comment about a lot of used SVs coming up when the replacement for the Murc comes out. I don't think so. There are fewer than 40 SVs in the US now and as far as anyone knows there will never be any more. Right now from what I hear if you want one new you have your choice of three colors, one yellow, two white (possibly three) and two black, and that's about it.

I like the Phantom... its def an option. Also will not get rid of the GTT..

:icon_thumleft:

I love the Phantom and Tommy is right, nothing like it. It commands a lot of class wherever it goes, more so than a super car. Just my two cents, but I think it's time you consider your age in this process and go for something more comfortable ;)

Just a thought would something like an XJ220 or XJR15 be of interest to you?

Couple of nice bits on www.euro-classics.com (F50 GT & Mcl F1) might be bit more than your looking at spending though Allan :)