Night Shift in Iraq

Smash Boy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's kind of unsettling to watch something like this. I mean, that looked like a RPG or something like that -- and it probably was and I'm sure they have intell -- but who knows sometimes. 3 people just killed like it was nothing. You don't even know who is in the truck that got killed.

Imagine being the second guy who got killed. Chilling in the middle of nowhere, thinking no one is around, then BAM! Massive caliber bullet blow your friend apart in an instant.

Assuming that they just took down 3 insurgents, that was pretty awesome.

Please close this thread. I see no benefit for members watching stuff like this.

Running around in a field in Iraq with an RPG= Bad actuarial table.

fcuk 'em.

That shit is intense (the capability)

What are they in? Helo's?

Is the video imagery and sound in sync? If so it takes forever for those rounds to hit...

How far away are they?

The more people that see this the better. Perhaps they'll think twice about car bombing and shit like that.

Guest Rob Burgundy
The more people that see this the better. Perhaps they'll think twice about car bombing and shit like that.

Wish I was in the gunner seat myself to blast those sneaky little fucks.

Are they using a helicopter do to this , knowing that they are staying in the same spot ( but that would make so much noise no?)?

Love it when a plan comes together.....especially when it dispatches speedy justice.

And please let there be no question as to those individuals intentions as I highly doubt they simply taking a road side piss given the movements. Well, sneaky 2 and sneaky 3 took an unintentional piss, sneaky 1 did not have time to transfer his thoughts.

Wow this is an ooold video. Helicopter is an AH-64D Longbow Apache.

Using the 30-millimeter M230 Chain Gun (kind like a MK19 grenade launcher but for the Apache).

And helicopters are pretty quiet at range and altitude. You would never know they were there...as these guys didn't.

Wow this is an ooold video. Helicopter is an AH-64D Longbow Apache.

Using the 30-millimeter M230 Chain Gun (kind like a MK19 grenade launcher but for the Apache).

And helicopters are pretty quiet at range and altitude. You would never know they were there...as these guys didn't.

I would have picked it for a SuperCobra....

Not a Heli. That is an AC130 gunship. When you see the camera change views that is a selection of rounds. The video is in sync, but the AC is so far away that the travel takes that long. When you see a video like this and notice how its almost like the camera is still, that is from the altitude of the AC and the fact that the cameras are zoomed so far in a long distance traveled is not reflected on the screen.

Not a Heli. That is an AC130 gunship. When you see the camera change views that is a selection of rounds. The video is in sync, but the AC is so far away that the travel takes that long. When you see a video like this and notice how its almost like the camera is still, that is from the altitude of the AC and the fact that the cameras are zoomed so far in a long distance traveled is not reflected on the screen.

WOW!

post-12151-1276794435.jpg

Yeah that'll do it. This video is 2006.

To avoid an ambush while on patrol, both the platoon leader and company commander, should choose a route, that has the least amount of traffic. In other words, a road that is not often traveled.

As far as the gunship vid ?

That is rediculous. We are spending far too much money, to take out a handful of soliders. What is the true cost, to keep a combat gunship on-station per hour, in a war-zone ? One soldier with a bolt action weapon, could have dropped all of the the targets, for a few dollars.

The U.S. gov't needs to find a more cost effective means, to take out enemy combatants. This is the reason why, we will lose both wars. The U.S., will soon become financially fatigued, with an endless war.

The answer, is to use inexpensive mobile light-unit asymmetrical tactics, for decades to come. They will never figure that out.

post-12151-1276794435.jpg

Yeah that'll do it. This video is 2006.

:shock: holy crap! thats insane..you mean that video was taken from a plane like THAT? wow..

To avoid an ambush while on patrol, both the platoon leader and company commander, should choose a route, that has the least amount of traffic. In other words, a road that is not often traveled.

As far as the gunship vid ?

That is rediculous. We are spending far too much money, to take out a handful of soliders. What is the true cost, to keep a combat gunship on-station per hour, in a war-zone ? One soldier with a bolt action weapon, could have dropped all of the the targets, for a few dollars.

The U.S. gov't needs to find a more cost effective means, to take out enemy combatants.

I would imagine that the ac 130 hovering over the area was s.o.p. So the cost involved was likely just part of that s.o.p. Much less than the potential costs had the ambush succeeded especially in terms of lost manpower, equipment, etc. Not to mention the human toll if a soldier/s were killed or maimed and the medical costs associate with there care. IMHO, use the ac 130 and keep our soldiers as safe as possible.

And I think the shots were taken at a range of two miles. That's some capable shit!

Sorry guys but it is NOT an AC-130.

They are always orbiting in a circle (left turns), this was stationary, thus helicopter...in this case AH-64. You can tell by the rounds going down range the gun is a 30MM grenade launcher too, not a 20MM like the Super Cobra has.

I would imagine that the ac 130 hovering over the area was s.o.p. So the cost involved was likely just part of that s.o.p.

I realize that.

An aircraft carrier battle group, in the theater of operations, is also SOP.

How much does it cost, to maintain on-station, an aircraft carrier battle group, with an attached sub ?

The problem IS the sop.

Much less than the potential costs had the ambush succeeded especially in terms of lost manpower, equipment, etc. Not to mention the human toll if a soldier/s were killed or maimed and the medical costs associate with there care.

We cannot sustain the costs of operating the heavy equipment.

At over $10,000 an hour for a single helicopter gunship, it is not sustainable, in the long run.

This type of irregular warfare, will demand long tactical operations, for decades to come.

Medical care ?

If you are not going to risk casualties, do not get involved in a war.

IMHO, use the ac 130 and keep our soldiers as safe as possible.

The problem is our soldiers have no battle plan. Playing cop, is not going to work.

Does any U.S. battle plan in Iraq, have total victory, as an objective ?

The U.S. never had an exit strategy.

A super cobra has a dual blade rotor, which would make the noise much louder than Apache no? I second the Apache as the gun ship, just look at the delay in rounds being fired vs. hitiing targets; that is some fair distance away.