Cat's Exotics

ToFi

I have a request from this board, if anyone has dealt with a company based in Everett, Washington State, known as Cat's Exotics, and would not mind speaking on the phone for a few minutes, could you please send me a private message? I won't take up much of your time, and would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a request from this board, if anyone has dealt with a company based in Everett, Washington State, known as Cat's Exotics, and would not mind speaking on the phone for a few minutes, could you please send me a private message? I won't take up much of your time, and would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Roy is like a fine wine. He gets better with age. A while back we would have people on here throw some mud and be displeased, but we've also had a lot of people come on with nothing but praises, and more recently MUCH more praises. No one is perfect, but from what I've heard from a few people who have dealt with him, if it's not right he makes it such.

Roy is like a fine wine. He gets better with age. A while back we would have people on here throw some mud and be displeased, but we've also had a lot of people come on with nothing but praises, and more recently MUCH more praises. No one is perfect, but from what I've heard from a few people who have dealt with him, if it's not right he makes it such.

:iamwithstupid:

as seen in example A

Example A: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49971

I purchased a Lambo from Kevin at Cats Exotics and Kevin and Roy are easy to work with. I never had any issues. I still call Kevin to this day for advice on buying/selling exotics.

I purchased a Lambo from Kevin at Cats Exotics and Kevin and Roy are easy to work with. I never had any issues.

:iamwithstupid: My experience with Cats was excellent.

my first Lambo i bought from Roy was not what i expected (nor was it what Roy expected to sell me). he presented me immediately with 3 options all of which would get me whole. This was very refreshing as many others in the business would have passed the buck and ultimately left the customer holding the (expensive) bag

it's very easy to judge someone when all goes well, however, when things go pear shaped is when you see what a good company is made of. Roy was a class act and stood behind what he sold (even though it cost him whatever $$ it took to make a client happy).

Highly reccomend Kevin & Roy at Cats Exotics.

I got my 1st and current Lambo through Cats Exotics...mainly through Kevin, who works with Roy. It was surprisingly fairly smooth and easier than I anticipated. When I'm ready for my next one (pre-owned orange 570 SL with 6-speed manual transmission!), I plan to start my search with them.

Didn't buy my lambo from him, but had bought parts. As always, excellent transactions. Would definitely buy from Roy, again.

after reading the question, who says he is looking to purchase a car?

could be the tax man?

could be about anything?

after reading the question, who says he is looking to purchase a car?

could be the tax man?

could be about anything?

LOL I like a person that looks at all angles...but it is a first time buyer, great guy and it appears we have put a great deal together for all

Thanks for all the support...wont let you down.

Roy C A T S

yes, i just read the same poster asking the same question on fchat. 9 hours later it looks like a deal was done. that's fast.

i was NOT satisfied of my purchase from XXX.

the reasons are these:

1) he sold me a car that he never saw, as the car was in Kansas and he works two thousand miles away

2) he published just low rez pictures: when the car arrived here in Italy i understood why there weren't hi rez pictures, as the paint intead of not good was a real disaster and the car body shop doubled the price they gave me just looking the photos.

3) the inspection report was done by the mechanic of the last owner: i think if you sell a car with your name or firm, you should pay an inspector to verify what you are selling, as you sell your reputation too. You should not sell a car with an inspection report that says things that are not true.

Finally i suggest you to follow these two simple rules:

A- Compare prices and inspect the car by yourself or with a car expert that YOU pay.

B- I bought the car from XXX JUST because my friend Emilio told me i could trust him: never listen to friends when you deal with money, trust me: this is a lesson i give you free, but i payd a lot to learn it.

If you do not do this, the risk is to pay a car 25-30 K USD more than its value, like i did: to fix that car i spent 75000 USD (may be more, i did not finish yet).

ciao

i was NOT satisfied of my purchase from XXX.

the reasons are these:

1) he sold me a car that he never saw, as the car was in Kansas and he works two thousand miles away

2) he published just low rez pictures: when the car arrived here in Italy i understood why there weren't hi rez pictures, as the paint intead of not good was a real disaster and the car body shop doubled the price they gave me just looking the photos.

3) the inspection report was done by the mechanic of the last owner: i think if you sell a car with your name or firm, you should pay an inspector to verify what you are selling, as you sell your reputation too. You should not sell a car with an inspection report that says things that are not true.

Finally i suggest you to follow these two simple rules:

A- Compare prices and inspect the car by yourself or with a car expert that YOU pay.

B- I bought the car from XXX JUST because my friend Emilio told me i could trust him: never listen to friends when you deal with money, trust me: this is a lesson i give you free, but i payd a lot to learn it.

If you do not do this, the risk is to pay a car 25-30 K USD more than its value, like i did: to fix that car i spent 75000 USD (may be more, i did not finish yet).

ciao

I am sorry to hear of your dis-satisfaction. This is the first time I have been advised of this, by you or Emilio. The car in question must be this one. I did sell it via Emilio to you. Must all the Dealings went through him and I. I dont know what parts you are dis-satisfyed with as I have never been contacted. I think the ad on the car speaks very cloearly of it and a PPI was provided to you at your request which the owner had done. If there were things, when the car arrived in Italy that were in-consistent with the PPI...I wish you would have contacted me back at that time, over 8 months ago from now. I think the car you purchased for $75,000 USA funds was as described and IMO is still one heck of a deal. The car belonged to a well respected person here in the States and I do not think there was any deception what so ever for the car at the price it was represented as. Some may recall, this car belonged to Brian in Kansas...here is a pic of the car and the orginal add at the time of the sale.

VIN # ZA9C00500ELA12708

1984 Lamborghini Countach 5000S finished in Black over Red interior. Just 25,950 kms (16,065 miles) since new. This Countach has undergone extensive work to make it a reliable and dependable enthusiasts Countach! Upgraded Ansa Sport F1 Exhaust system. Car has been repainted but maintains the original color combination of Black over red. Entire engine rebuild to include complete valve job and guides, New engine & crankshaft bearings, New cylinder linings, Deck plated and honed, New piston rings, New Starter, New AC Compressor, New Crankshaft, New pistons, New plugs & wires, Carbs rebuilt and synchronized, New Kevlar clutch. Recently performed at Evans Automotive were the following upgrades: All new Stainless Oil lines & Fittings, New Starter heat shiled, New Axle Heat Shields, 5 New Heim Joints, all fluids changed, New AC lines & fittings, 4 Wheel Alignment, New Starter Solenoid, New Control Arm Bushings, New Expansion Valve, New Battery, New Aluminum oil cooler, and New crankcase breather. OEM wing is currently installed on this vehicle and available with or without wing. Call for more details. Full inspection just completed. Results available on request!

post-23696-1280301751.jpg

i would like to add a couple things:

1- i did not earn 1 cent from either Alberto or Roy, just passing the info to a friend

2- given it was owned since a couple years by Brian and sold by Roy, i thought the car was a good one and given the price a good deal

3- the car needed a lot of worck (the engine needed a complete rebuilt, body repaint...long story short $$$)

Alberto, did not you contact Roy about the issue? i thought you mailed him about the car's conditions as you did with Brian

as for my personal deals with Roy:

i bought-sold some parts from and to Roy, all were good and exactly as described

Why is the engine in need of a rebuilt, according to the ad there was alot of work done.

Interesting to read about this issue, some cars get "hyped" and an adored but suddenly there is an other side shown. I`m not saying thas the issue of this car, but just my 2 cents.

Btw, sorry for youre friend Emilio.

i would like to add a couple things:

1- i did not earn 1 cent from either Alberto or Roy, just passing the info to a friend

2- given it was owned since a couple years by Brian and sold by Roy, i thought the car was a good one and given the price a good deal

3- the car needed a lot of worck (the engine needed a complete rebuilt, body repaint...long story short $$$)

Alberto, did not you contact Roy about the issue? i thought you mailed him about the car's conditions as you did with Brian

as for my personal deals with Roy:

i bought-sold some parts from and to Roy, all were good and exactly as described

I can vouch for Emilio! Emilio has been helping fellow members with all his knowledge and I think there must be an misunderstanding. As I recall Roy had an orange Lamborghini Superleggera (broker through Starcity in SF CA) that was on the LOC repossession list last April and I was surprise to see that particular inventory at Cats Exotics.

Emilio is a good and oustanding friend, reliable and correct.

He helped me al lot to fix that car.

The car was not good, but Emilio did not know this. I bought a lot of Lamborghini spare parts from him or with his help and everything was very good.

May be Roy did not know how the car was too, but he was the seller and he should have known.

No more words, i did the mistake to buy a car without flew there and give a look by me.

But let me say this: i bought an Harley Davidson in England (1000 miles from here) without see the bike (just a photo). The bike arrived and was exactly as the photo and description made by the seller: this car was not. I do not know why, but this is the reality.

For those who do not believe my words, you can go to "Countach "section and see the several threads with the photos with the engine on machining (it should have been almost perfect) and the spark plugs in desperate conditions (with those spark plugs the engine of course could not work well as staded in the inspection report). When i saw the car and we opened the engine, it was clear to me i had bought a bust.

But never mind: may be i wasted 25000 USD more than car value, but i have to thanks Emilio the same, because without him i would have not bought my dream Countach 5000S black and red, my dream colours and car, that now is really perfect and like new