New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

Mako let me pick your mind a bit. Wouldn't enthusiast want to pick up a brand new flagship and drop the SV? The only reason I can think of for not selling the SV for the new car would be the 6 speed would be a hard sell which would mean the price fetched isn't all that great. The new car seems like its got it all. More aggressive styling, new engine, state of the art gearbox and AWD. So why not take the plunge if one can afford it? Isn't it harder to squeeze out performance potential in a car with a manual as well? There are so many things that can go WRONG on a day at track or drag strip employing a manual.....bogging the launch, missed shifts, heel toe etc etc why not let the mechanicals take care of themselves with the new transmission?

:iamwithstupid: i love the SV in any version but if i had 460k burning a hole in my pocket id buy the 700 all day long.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

qvpower,

It still begs the question, why do the German cars still get manufactured with manuals and the Italian ones do not ? That's my quandary. :)

Apart from the cost to sales ratio, chances are you would have a greater number of manual owners for porsche vs Lambo simply from the number of cars sold.

Really surprised that they didn't go with direct injection here, I feel like it is one of those innovations that all cars will have sooner or later; they must have set themselves down a development path before seeing how important DFI is going to be.

Nice to see that they stuck with tradition though and went with the big V12. Although I prefer smaller engines and forced induction, there is something magical about a big V12.

Also kind of agree on the comments about the DSG, although it is most likely PR speak. The DSG in the Ferrari 458 is so smooth that it almost doesn't feel like a sports car anymore.

More than likely still trying to sort out the carbon build up issues that it causes.

My SL is e-gear, so Roy probably does have the only 6-speed SL.

I do wonder about the market for the SV. I personally love the car, especially in orange or VI, but there are still 3 new, unsold cars in the US. Those cars have been around for months and months. It just doesn't seem like it's going to move. Also, you'd have to be a brave man to buy a new SV now just before the LP700 cover is broken. They may not tank, but you'll take an instant $150k haircut for the privilege.

All that being said, I love the 640. My 640 roadster is going into the permanent collection. Not getting rid of that thing.

qvpower,

It still begs the question, why do the German cars still get manufactured with manuals and the Italian ones do not ? That's my quandary. :)

Porsche is something totally different, porsche will always have a manual in their GTs. I know 90% of the regular porsches 911 carrera (S)/Turbo are delivered with PDK nowadays.

Porsche is something totally different, porsche will always have a manual in their GTs. I know 90% of the regular porsches 911 carrera (S)/Turbo are delivered with PDK nowadays.

Translate that 10% to the P cars sold and it still way over what Lambo is currently moving in terms of manual...

Not necessarily. If the new car is a hit, then yes the resale will drop, but I wouldn't expect a big hit on right out of the gate. Expect resale on LP's to jump if people overall do not like the new car. Strong possibility.

The new Lambo will not have an effect on the LP 640 at all. Depreciation will continue at approximately 10%{more or less} with limited mileage being put on the vehicle. Keep in mind most "advertised prices" are 5-8 % higher than what the vehicle will actually sell for at this time.

Now the LP670 will take a large depreciation dollar wise, but percentage wise it will only be about 25% when the new model arrives. This larger depreciation is also due to the LP670 model being almost a half million dollars and owners having to pay MSRP or very close to own one. Dealer's were not selling LP670's at invoice and relying on huge factory incentives to move inventory like past history.

It's all speculation, and that is just my 2 cents worth.

My SL is e-gear, so Roy probably does have the only 6-speed SL.

I do wonder about the market for the SV. I personally love the car, especially in orange or VI, but there are still 3 new, unsold cars in the US. Those cars have been around for months and months. It just doesn't seem like it's going to move. Also, you'd have to be a brave man to buy a new SV now just before the LP700 cover is broken. They may not tank, but you'll take an instant $150k haircut for the privilege.

All that being said, I love the 640. My 640 roadster is going into the permanent collection. Not getting rid of that thing.

Yes, three left, but the last one, the one at LLV has only been there under a few months, it was the Geneva Auto Show car..and has a few "little" special extras via the factory..if you look at it, it has the wings in the open position and they are painted body color to match the body, unlike the standard SV OEM flat black as all wings inserts are from the factory. Also the $505K asking price wont make it fly off the shelf just yet. The other two, one Matt Yellow..IMO is just not a eye grabber like the matt white and matt black, car started out at Lamborghini NeW England/Chambers ans is now been traded to Lamborghini Houston...for sale there. The last one with Lamborghini Newport Beach is Gloss Black..and it HIDES all the cool flat black accents...so that may be an issue with that car.

I do know of a "used" White Isis, big wing, 390 mile car, two years left on factory warranty that can be had in the $420K range and IMO is worth that price point.

As far as the roadster car..yes, I think it is a good deal to hold..after all no Roadster cars for at least 18 to 24 months.

FYI, I do know of a BRAND NEW 2007 Black LP640 Versace Edition for sale with delivery miles..and it will come with a 2 year extended warranty as well...that may be something to pick up and throw into the garage for a while..?

I will be there, do you really think they will let someone bring in a camera even a hidden camera will be checked, and you will sign a form making you liable for disclosure.

Form schmorm. Live a little :icon_mrgreen:

True, but when you see the two new production lines (the Carbon Fibre one and the V12 car one) its clear that VW have put more money into Lambo for this car than I had appreciated

The new carbon fiber venture is huge. Really smart.

:iamwithstupid:

The ONLY reason they did this 15+ Million Euro investment is to take advantage of it for the new 2013 R8, it will bring in a hefty profit when Audi goes to eat of Porsche Sales for real with the new R8..

they do when its for the better!

:icon_thumleft:

FYI, I do know of a BRAND NEW 2007 Black LP640 Versace Edition for sale with delivery miles..and it will come with a 2 year extended warranty as well...that may be something to pick up and throw into the garage for a while..?

In the UK there's a brand new unregistered Versace in White. £500,000.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...age/1?logcode=p

A nice Diablo GT for sale too at just under £270,000.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...111bg?logcode=a

In the UK there's a brand new unregistered Versace in White. £500,000.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...age/1?logcode=p

A nice Diablo GT for sale too at just under £270,000.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...111bg?logcode=a

WOW, my Black GT #74, with two more options and lower miles is a steal at $450K USA then IMO..AND still the only GT in the USA of the 5 I know are here that is Legal title, plated and registered for the street as well as the rarest color made, the Diamond Black Metalic.

WOW, my Black GT #74, with two more options and lower miles is a steal at $450K USA then IMO..AND still the only GT in the USA of the 5 I know are here that is Legal title, plated and registered for the street as well as the rarest color made, the Diamond Black Metalic.

what colors are the other 4? 2 orange right?

At current rates to USD, that's $799,722.77 for the Versace Murcielago and $431,651.07 for the Diablo GT.

A bit steep for the Murcielago in my opinion.

I agree, just cosmetics, 22 of them made..the USA Delivery Black car I know of..can be had for under $500K...AND it comes with a 2 year OEM factory additional warranty to the purchaser...never been titled on open MOS and car #2 built, car #1 is at the factory museum

LOL It is in my blood.......

you should sell yourself the 700! :icon_thumleft:

we need to hear about the great driving stories in Lambos latest and greatest :)

Jason, are you going?

Yep

I will be there, do you really think they will let someone bring in a camera even a hidden camera will be checked, and you will sign a form making you liable for disclosure.

I'm going.

trying to make it as well...

You guys up to grab a bite afterwards? Would love to meet some fellow board members.