Today was a sad day for me

Allan-Herbie

Friend came over in a new 458.. I have realised..given the choice 458 or lp570 Superg... Ill take the 458.. Maybe its because Ive owned 2 Gallardos, but the 458 is an awesome car..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would!

Wait till you lay eyes on the 570P, just transplant that TT system and you'll be a model of perfection.

458 is a ferrarifag cuntmobile!

And you know this because you've driven one? :eusa_think: :rolleyes:

Actually... Yup. In person, it's just not my style. Yeah the tranny/double clutch works great, but to me, it's just too blah. I prefer something more raw, I want to know it shifted and isn't just a computer taking me for a ride.

Last ferrari I really loved was the F40. 360cs was pretty but slow and boring.

G Spyder is a great driver but needs more power.

LP Roadster is amazing for presence, with a TT kit and 4 digit HP it must be fantastic.

So yes, it's a cuntmobile and I wouldn't spend a dime of my $$$ on one.

Friend came over in a new 458.. I have realised..given the choice 458 or lp570 Superg... Ill take the 458.. Maybe its because Ive owned 2 Gallardos, but the 458 is an awesome car..

I am going to go out on a limb seeing that I am a newer member and on a lambo site and ask why the long face? Even the 2011 SL is still based on the body and technology of an older car (when compared to the 458). The 458 truly is a masterpiece and a car that is to be admired. The styling may not be for everyone and another poster pointed out some of the technological differences that can turn people on/off but at the end of the day any of these cars are quite remarkable.

Now if you said you would take the 458 over the new Murci replacement....well then I could see a problem!

:)

That's cool!!!

I have a lot of respect for what Ferrari has done. They finally made a car that backs up the brand for the first time in a long while.

I am still not a fan of 5 way traction control and all that stuff. I drive a hummer h1 as a daily driver, and that is my favorite ride, so needless to say, I like rough and raw. The Lambo philosophy is more my style.

But saying that, it would be hard to buy a 570 right now. The Gallardo currently has 5 versions of the 8 year old platform; LP-560, 560 spyder, 570SL, 570P and the Blancpain edition. It is confusing. I hear they are working on an entry level 205k USD 2-wheel drive stripped down version as well. Eventually there will be a SV edition as well, I'm sure. These many versions of something that should be phasing out is the problem for me. I don't know exactly what I am getting or where it fits in to the line up.

That being said, I love more G-Spyder more than I like the 458. But, if I were looking today.... I'd be compelled to wait or buy a used 08 SL or Spyder.

I look forward to the LP-700 and the G Generation 2. I hope the Gallardo replacement is carbon fiber everything and not too far off the current stylings.

Actually... Yup. In person, it's just not my style. Yeah the tranny/double clutch works great, but to me, it's just too blah. I prefer something more raw, I want to know it shifted and isn't just a computer taking me for a ride.

So yes, it's a cuntmobile and I wouldn't spend a dime of my $$$ on one.

Fair enough... To each his own I guess. I've driven both and while the LP570 is a hell of a lot better looking, I was amazed with the 458. It's light years ahead IMO and the first Ferrari I've liked in a long time.

I think the 458 is a bold design and the shape looks different as the light changes. It's actually a very complex shape and very interesting, pretty, dare I say dainty, but too me all that adds up to the fact that it's WAY too feminine. I think it's the way the body pulls in or something. It just doesn't have the stance I want in a car and does absolutely nothing for me in person. Nothing about it says, "let's go driving" it does however scream, "Let's go get our nails done!" and that's not what I want from my car.

Allan,

You're changing. We can all see that. First Ferrari's, then flower arrangements.....

The feather spitter in you in finally surfacing, let it out, come on out...

Be the first here to announce it...

I'M ALLAN AND I'M A FERRARI FAG AND PROUD

I think the 458 is a bold design and the shape looks different as the light changes. It's actually a very complex shape and very interesting, pretty, dare I say dainty, but too me all that adds up to the fact that it's WAY too feminine. I think it's the way the body pulls in or something. It just doesn't have the stance I want in a car and does absolutely nothing for me in person. Nothing about it says, "let's go driving" it does however scream, "Let's go get our nails done!" and that's not what I want from my car.

This but with a caveat, the 458 I have found to be very colour sensitive. Dtrax's 458 (when he had it) looked very impressive whenever I saw it in London. In black it has a hulked appearance but in Red it has this effeminate quality.

No doubt it is a great car to drive and the accolades have piled up in the same way they have been for the GTR

but for some I reason I cannot help but think that this car might not be so joyous to own?

Fire stories aside I cannot help but think that in 3-6 months time the D word is going to rock up to owners along with some horrific ruinous running costs.

Nope, he's just getting old!

Ya.. And I can totally get it - (wanting an automatic). Which is why you have your DD in auto, weekend car in paddle, and a crazy insane car in manual.

I would wait! I like the 458, i think in a roadster it would be nicer looking.That being said The murcie replacement is worth waiting for.

Nothing about it says, "let's go driving" it does however scream, "Let's go get our nails done!" and that's not what I want from my car.

This sums it all up pretty well :icon_mrgreen: