What did you do today?

topcabron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 sets of 15 perfect deadhang pullups today, 75 total reps on 5 sets is a new PR for me. I was 190 pounds as I stood 10 minutes before the workout clothes, shoes etc.

Take pics of the meat and put it up on the KK facebook page. I'd love to see it!

I had a friend who got banned from facebook for uploading pictures of his meat.

Be careful Mike!

Super Bowl party with about 35 people at my place. Probably be on the grill most of the night with some Argentinian Prime Vacio and Chorizo con pan. There is an Argentinian butcher down the street, and the place is pretty expensive, but great meat flown in weekly from Argentina. REALLY good meat, and if you ever come to Miami, well throw a big barbeque at my place....

Damnnnnnn I wish there was a place around here with some of that! I think Im gonna hit up one of Arga Restaurants and see where they get their meat...

5 sets of 15 perfect deadhang pullups today, 75 total reps on 5 sets is a new PR for me. I was 190 pounds as I stood 10 minutes before the workout clothes, shoes etc.

towards the end of the set I start to take a little rest between reps ..are you blasting them out 1/0/1 for the whole 15?

towards the end of the set I start to take a little rest between reps ..are you blasting them out 1/0/1 for the whole 15?

I am going at a decent pace, but locking out my arms straight on each rep. My trainer is watching me very closely because I told him I want all the reps to be legit.

Damn he's a beast that was quick. I go a lot slower, and I usually prolong the negative a bit.

yeah, but this is for competition, and his are legit. The guy is a beast, his deadhang 1 rep max is 200% of his body weight (at the time), 202 pounds added (he weighed 202 pounds) for a total of 404 pounds. Most I have done is 110 pounds at 175 pounds.

yeah, but this is for competition, and his are legit. The guy is a beast, his deadhang 1 rep max is 200% of his body weight (at the time), 202 pounds added (he weighed 202 pounds) for a total of 404 pounds. Most I have done is 110 pounds at 175 pounds.

Insane.. I only went 4 reps with +45lb and 4 reps with 90lbs on dips in the past. Made an interesting feeling in the chest right near the heart..like there were bubbles popping

Insane.. I only went 4 reps with +45lb and 4 reps with 90lbs on dips in the past. Made an interesting feeling in the chest right near the heart..like there were bubbles popping

I have never tried to do a lot of weight on dips before, I think the most I have ever tried was 45 pounds. Cant remember how many reps it was, maybe 10.

That would be awesome!!

Take pics of the meat and put it up on the KK facebook page. I'd love to see it!

Will do! I always cut it up in Churrasco-like strips, but I spoke to a friend of mine from Argentina, and he says your supposed to throw the whole thing on the grill. Will try that next time.

35 minutes on the treadmill. About 12 minutes of jogging. Then my former injury to my left fibula started bothering me, then I did speedwalking at a 6% incline at 4mph for the rest of the time.

Afterwards did 4 sets of abs.

I hear you, I think a lot has to do with what you are eating and the breakdown of carbs/fats/protein and how it applies to your individual body. Then there is the working out element and making sure you are hitting it super hard in the gym each time. This is why I have a trainer, I alwasy push myself harder when hes there. Unfortunately some fat gain is inevitable when bulking, but if you put on tons of fat along the way it will take you a lot longer to cut. And when you cut for long periods of time, especially to low body fat levels, you will burn some muscle along the way. I went and had an RMR test done, and that got me a good baseline, the rest has just been trial and error. The scale can be very tricky since weight can easily fluctuate based on water, sodium and carb intake. Sometimes it seems like I am not gaining any weight for a few weeks, then all of a sudden almost seemingly over night I gain 2-3 pounds. As long as my body weight is not going down, and I am improving with my lifts in the gym, I feel like I am making the progress I need. I have been eating more on the weekends than during the week lately, to recover my body from the grueling 4 day workouts.

That's the thing with muscle gain, its not steady, you can go 1lbs .5lbs 2lbs week to week, kind of interesting. Also harder to gain once you already gained some. What is your intake ratio right now? 40prot/30/30? I think carbs affect me quite a bit, so I usually grab beans as the carb choice, that leans me out. But then I get inside my own head and think I will not be gaining as well. Slow bulk is probably the way to go, tbh.. right now I kind of threw it out the window and doing dirtier bulking for 2 more weeks we will see how it goes.. how has your progression been LBM wise?

That's the thing with muscle gain, its not steady, you can go 1lbs .5lbs 2lbs week to week, kind of interesting. Also harder to gain once you already gained some. What is your intake ratio right now? 40prot/30/30? I think carbs affect me quite a bit, so I usually grab beans as the carb choice, that leans me out. But then I get inside my own head and think I will not be gaining as well. Slow bulk is probably the way to go, tbh.. right now I kind of threw it out the window and doing dirtier bulking for 2 more weeks we will see how it goes.. how has your progression been LBM wise?

Usually its more like 40/40/20. This is the last month of my bulk, so I am just eating everything in sight lol. I am more strict when cutting, but I have done a pretty slow/clean bulk over the past 7 months. Its hard to say with the LBM because when you cut as long as I did this for this past summer (6 months), you will lose some LBM, and you gain it almost right back not long after you start bulking. I have more LBM than I did when I was at this weight before, probably around 9-10 pounds more, so I have made huge improvements over the past year. I also am leaner than when I started my cut last year, so I wont have to cut as long which means I should hang onto more of the LBM this time around.

Weight has stopped coming off at 4lbs total in 3 weeks. I assume its due to also putting on muscle at the same time, as i am seeing more muscle and less fat. Doing cardio 3 days a week and weights twice a week. I want to do more cardio, but my old leg injury keeps me from really pushing it.

Weight has stopped coming off at 4lbs total in 3 weeks. I assume its due to also putting on muscle at the same time, as i am seeing more muscle and less fat. Doing cardio 3 days a week and weights twice a week. I want to do more cardio, but my old leg injury keeps me from really pushing it.

Hand bike?

Hand bike?

My leg is usually fine the first few rounds of cardio, then after a while I get a weird cracking sensation in my fibula. Almost like when you crack your back, but where the bone meets the knee. It is not excruciating pain, but more of a strange annoyance.

Elliptical, treadmill, starionary bike, all same after a while.

Will just have to do speedwalking uphill until it goes away.

Might be worth trying a proper spin bike.

The normal clunky gym bikes cause me all sorts of problems on my ankle but I stick my cycle shoes on and sit on a spin bike for hours mashing away no probs.

Might be worth trying a proper spin bike.

The normal clunky gym bikes cause me all sorts of problems on my ankle but I stick my cycle shoes on and sit on a spin bike for hours mashing away no probs.

:icon_thumleft:

Ask the gym if you can go into the Spin area and try it out. Most places will let you use it and put pedals on. Plus, you can go at your own pace without the threat of others watching.

Threw in 5 sets of dead hang pullups throughout the 18 sets of weighted abs I did today. 10, 15, 20, 20, 17 was the amount of reps for each pullup set.

I think my knees are going to hell.. playing basketball and there is some pretty bad pain in the right one.. well this sucks, not sure what to do about squats now.

Also back pain is there, mostly due to horrible posture most of the day, actively trying to sit straight but it's hard, at least in the beginning, to do it for prolonged periods. Had done it in the past may be fight through it again, otherwise no more deadlifts either