TommyJames

HannibalACP82

Hey guys,

I haven't seen TommyJames around in awhile. I know things got a bit heated during the LP-700 preview events but I hope he didn't disappear. I enjoyed his different POVs and his stories.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few guesses:

Irritated and annoyed by the commoners.

Too busy having breakfast with Winkelmann.

Shopping for chrome rims and springs to lower his SV.

:icon_mrgreen:

He will be back don't worry.

Speaking of SV's, it doesn't get better than this

post-7524-1297690119_thumb.jpg

Can't get enough of how cool that rear wing looks.

I might have missed it..but what happened? I am sure theres a reason.. :eusa_think:

Tommy brings to the table pretty well thought out threads and info and probably didn't appreciate being trolled.

Few guesses:

Irritated and annoyed by the commoners.

Too busy having breakfast with Winkelmann.

Shopping for chrome rims and springs to lower his SV.

He will be back don't worry.

You left one out: having drinks with the Black Ducky.

Frankly... :icon_neutral: :eusa_whistle:

Shame.

Fortis, I thought better of you.

:lol2:

Christ if we all had some of the thin skin of the people who have "quit the forum" over the past six months there would be NO ONE LEFT.

Some of the join dates in our avatars are from 2004/2005, and if people don't think that during that time there have been some hurt feelings or differences in opinion, you are crazy.

Just man up, make your point, absorb the shots while giving them back, and keep moving.

There is never a reason to "quit" a forum that has this % of actual owners and people who not only talk the talk...but walk the walk. :icon_thumleft:

The only TRUE reason to quit L-Power is because it's a damn distraction when we should be making more money during the day...which with all this 458 and MP4 drama lately is what's happening to me right now! :lol2:

It's too bad, he had a lot of good insights.

:iamwithstupid: I always liked him.

:lol2:

Christ if we all had some of the thin skin of the people who have "quit the forum" over the past six months there would be NO ONE LEFT.

Some of the join dates in our avatars are from 2004/2005, and if people don't think that during that time there have been some hurt feelings or differences in opinion, you are crazy.

Just man up, make your point, absorb the shots while giving them back, and keep moving.

There is never a reason to "quit" a forum that has this % of actual owners and people who not only talk the talk...but walk the walk. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: I have learned shortly after I started on forums back in about 04 not to let things bother you. This is the only forum I still visit on a regular basis, and there are some Ive been members of longer too.

I am not even joking with you right now.

I didn't think you were, I wasn't joking either.

Until you know all facts and understand what triggers certain reactions you should reserve judgment or involvement but we are all entitled to our own opinion so go for your life.

I spoke to him.. He said he was over forums..

to me he didn't like others thinking that what he said wasn't always gospel.

no great loss hey fortis. ;)

From my standpoint, he was strongly opinionated, but was one of the very few that backed up his viewpoints with uttermost detail and clarity.

People that actually base their opinion on facts and first-hand knowledge are few and far between in the forum world. For that, I believe he is a great asset that will be missed. He spent a lot of time going out of his way to paint a picture of various events that many would never have the opportunity to even accurately imagine.

That being said, I don't think Fortis's opinions/observations are necessarily off base either.

When it comes down to it, what we collectively think doesn't matter for shit. :)

Guest Rob Burgundy

Jesus..I hope I never take a break from LP. I wouldn't want to see the fucked up thread I'd return too..

Fortis is a humble guy given his significant success.

I never had a problem with TJ and think he was a good poster with marked contribution to the site and at the end of the day he didn't make big fanfare about leaving he did it how one should and that is fade to black without any drama and hopefully he will return. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and actions and if time is up well then so be it.

I believe it is in real bad taste to speak badly or make fun of a member or former member while he isn't on the board . You don't have to agree with him and i am sure he doesn't agree with some of the other members opinions but nevertheless he was a good contributor with good intentions.

So please, to those who feel compelled to throw stones and belittle Tommy James,and you know who you are, refrain from doing so and show some class. It will go long ways.

Here we go I have to explain myself again :icon_mrgreen:

I will not dig out threads whomever is curious can do that in their own time.

Ok everything I wrote was based on my interactions with him I actually thought the comments would be interpreted as jokes and he would potentially find them funny himself.

Comment 1:

He always had that air of superiority about him, no one will deny that, perhaps because of the environment he worked in, he's used to being the boss, nothing wrong with that guilty of it myself, hence my commoners comment poking a bit of fun not intended as an insult.

Comment 2

In one of the threads he was talking about having breakfast with Winkelmann, since Winkelmann is in the spotlight now for all the horrible "limited editions" he's coming up with I thought it was funny to bring that up, no harm meant by it.

Comment 3

The wheels and suspension comment, he had some run ins with Scud over lowering his SV, I think paying $1mil for a SV sort of gives you free rein to do whatever you want with it :icon_mrgreen: , every time someone would post photos of Murcielago's with chrome rims he always expressed his displeasure, I also hate aftermarket chrome rims on cars so my comment was meant as a joke once again.

Addendum:

The Blackduckie comment, long story, goes back to the thread where one of our members was sent an ebay email about him being the last bidder on a SV, can't remember the exact story without digging out the thread but I think he was called in to pick up his car but when he called the dealer about it the dealer claimed The Blackduckie hacked his email account sending out bogus emails etc.

I thought the dealer's story was strange TommyJames started vehemently defending the dealer, I think they are friends, I thought what happened was quite strange and I didn't agree with what was being said, long story short since the incident as a joke I was teasing TommyJames about it, once again I thought it was funny because most involved would get what I was talking about hence some of the comments on this thread.

You might notice at the end of my post in a very relaxed manner I suggested that he will be back.

Now, for some people here to call me classless online and through PMs is in my opinion going slightly overboard, I lost all credibility after 5 years on LP in less than 3 sentences :lol2: