The hot chick from 60 Minutes sexually assaulted in Egypt

Mako

If you had to chose-  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather be:

• Raped
    • "penetrated" with a broken flag pole

That makes me furious. Not much else out there on the news since the original story broke regarding the attackers either.

Apparantly she's talking about it already to close friends and the right help, telling them she "won't let it destroy" her and that she wants to get back to work quickly.

Hopefully that's true and she winds up putting it behind her.

I remember reading that before "The Nanny" show hit it big, Fran Drescher and her boyfriend had been held at gun point via a home invasion of their LA apartment and he not only got a beatdown, but was forced to watch the two assailants give Fran and a girlfriend or hers who happened to be over at the time a beatdown followed by a rape of both of them.

Somehow life goes on and the strong minds can lock it away in that box deep down and proceed onward.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol, I was going to use Christiane Amanpour for that same line, but I held back out of tact. :lol2:

YUCK!

Amanpour-and-Rubin.jpg

Apparantly she's talking about it already to close friends and the right help, telling them she "won't let it destroy" her and that she wants to get back to work quickly.

I remember reading that before "The Nanny" show hit it big, Fran Drescher and her boyfriend had been held at gun point via a home invasion of their LA apartment and he not only got a beatdown, but was forced to watch the two assailants give Fran and a girlfriend or hers who happened to be over at the time a beatdown followed by a rape of both of them.

Somehow life goes on and the strong minds can lock it away in that box deep down and proceed onward.

You go on... But everything is different... Some for the good... Some not.

The sexual repression and codified societal repression of women in the Islamic world is behind 90% of the problems we have in the Middle East.

You cant take a society made up predominately of, and that caters to, young men; DENY them the social benefits of the fairer sex; DENY them any hope of ever finding a reciprocal partner for the typical young male sexual impulse; and teach them women and sex are "dirty"; without having a lot of angry, confused, boys with too much testosterone who are ready to LITERALLY EXPLODE.

Girls, and the prospect of bedding one, however remote that prospect may be, is the primary socializing motivator for teenage boys. When you take that influence away, you get an unsociable caveman. Trust me.... I went to an all boys Catholic School for six months....

Yeap I agree with you 110%.

I do a lot of business in the Middle East and the way Islam represses human nature plays a huge contribution to their behavior. Im not saying it's bad. Im just saying it can really drive you crazy. I mean having any contact with the opposite sex unless shes your family member or wife is prohibited? Come on!

Try going to Saudi and you'll get what I mean. Men and Women are segregated even at restaurants and they are prohibited from having contact with each other. When you walk around with a female, the authorities can ask for identification to make sure you are related. You are basically trying to go against nature itself wherein opposite-sex relations play a huge role on human life.

All those repressed men is like a time bomb waiting to explode.

How old was she? I find the post ironic because if you look at her personality on the show... I have no idea how she is in real life however, but something like this has a huge chance of fcuking you up, if this is what RD was initially talking about I was thinking same hence wrote hopefully her sexual world doesn't get rocked completely

How old was she? I find the post ironic because if you look at her personality on the show... I have no idea how she is in real life however, but something like this has a huge chance of fcuking you up, if this is what RD was initially talking about I was thinking same hence wrote hopefully her sexual world doesn't get rocked completely

she is 39 and about to be 40 and a mother with 2 kids, according to the news,and she is actually from south africa.

There is nothing worse than war to bring out the worst in mankind, no matter who you are and where you are. I had the very unpleasant experience to live through a civil war during my teens and some of stuff i have seen i would not wish on anyone. It is very sad she got assaulted and she will be traumatized for quite a while but for the world of me i don't know what CBS or whoever else made the decision to send her there was thinking. It is bad enough to be a man in these situations but an attractive woman in the middle of a war zone is looking for trouble.

However muslim countries do not have monopoly on being animals and barbarians. Do not fool yourselves, all mankind is the same given the opportunity and the circumstances. The same bullshit has happened all over the world and the same would happen in North America if chaos was to reign. We are lucky we have cops that keep us relatively safe and even with that why do so many people pack guns in the US ?

she is 39 and about to be 40 and a mother with 2 kids, according to the news,and she is actually from south africa.

yeh according to wiki she's too.. but she's white so...

Guest Rob Burgundy

About the she shouldn't have been sent over because she's a female argument,only men should be there.

I totally agree. It's no place for any man but especially not for woman...but imagine this didn't happen and they had told her she couldn't go because it wasn't safe because she's a woman...the news story that would have been replacing the assault would be:

" news agencies are biased! They won't let women cover the same stories as men!" And you'd have all these silly feminist marching in front of corporate news buildings. People bitch and complain either way.

About the she shouldn't have been sent over because she's a female argument,only men should be there.

I totally agree. It's no place for any man but especially not for woman...but imagine this didn't happen and they had told her she couldn't go because it wasn't safe because she's a woman...the news story that would have been replacing the assault would be:

" news agencies are biased! They won't let women cover the same stories as men!" And you'd have all these silly feminist marching in front of corporate news buildings. People bitch and complain either way.

Well then, I hate to sound unsympathetic but.......I guess that's what you would call an occupational hazard. She couldve declined if she was assigned but Im willing to bet she ASKED to go..matter of fact I thought I read she came back from another assignment and was in europe and asked to stay out and go to Egypt. Now if you don't know or arent overly concerned about what you may be getting into (she DID have a choice) then she may have taken her safety or potential scenarios for granted.

You know what they say when someone says "aaahh that NEVER happens".....it only has to happen once for your life to change forever.

Well then, I hate to sound unsympathetic but.......I guess that's what you would call an occupational hazard. She couldve declined if she was assigned but Im willing to bet she ASKED to go..matter of fact I thought I read she came back from another assignment and was in europe and asked to stay out and go to Egypt. Now if you don't know or arent overly concerned about what you may be getting into (she DID have a choice) then she may have taken her safety or potential scenarios for granted.

You know what they say when someone says "aaahh that NEVER happens".....it only has to happen once for your life to change forever.

I think you are SO DAM RIGHT.

Take look at wiki, she's basicaly built her career thru war zone. iiraq, afg, etc..

She has followed sensationalism her whole career. She was born with good looks and intelligence and sometimes that is a dangerous combination. She had reaped the rewards thus far and she's a big girl and knew the risks. Again nobody deserves what happened to her but she is not a naive woman.

There is the law and then there is common sense. The law dictates she should be able to go anywhere and feel safe. Common sense dictates that this is an incredibly bad situation for this kind of woman to be exposed to.

Rape is an act of anger not passion so while I am sure these were horned up dudes there is anger (racism) subtext beneath it all.

Rape is an act of anger not passion so while I am sure these were horned up dudes there is anger (racism) subtext beneath it all.

I though it was about power and domination? That would fit in the scenario, no?

I though it was about power and domination? That would fit in the scenario, no?

Yes definitely. The act of rape is considered as forced, unwanted sexual intercourse which has nothing to do with passion or love. It is an act of aggression, violence, power and control, therefore rape is seen as a violent hate crime, not a sexual crime.

Many articles and studies on it. http://www.articlesbase.com/womens-issues-...ex-1345819.html

The sexual repression and codified societal repression of women in the Islamic world is behind 90% of the problems we have in the Middle East.

You cant take a society made up predominately of, and that caters to, young men; DENY them the social benefits of the fairer sex; DENY them any hope of ever finding a reciprocal partner for the typical young male sexual impulse; and teach them women and sex are "dirty"; without having a lot of angry, confused, boys with too much testosterone who are ready to LITERALLY EXPLODE.

Girls, and the prospect of bedding one, however remote that prospect may be, is the primary socializing motivator for teenage boys. When you take that influence away, you get an unsociable caveman. Trust me.... I went to an all boys Catholic School for six months....

yep.

A friend of mine visited me, while I was in Israel. His daughter is very attractive and blond. I was astonished, when he was ready, to let her get a sandwich by herself, on a street in downtown Nazareth, while wearing just tight shorts and a tee-shirt. My friend was driving a van and was ready to drop her, at a falafel stand and wait in the car. I told my friend, I better go with her.

Most Americans have no clue when traveling, in the Arab Middle East. If you are going to have a woman walk in a crowded public area, make sure the sexy hot clothes are waiting for her at home. Wear conservative boring rags that cover a lot of skin. Remember this: While in the Arab Middle East - The eyes of men walking in the street, will be all over any woman, who is clothed differently, from the local population.

Egypt and other Arab countries, are NOT like Kansas.

I feel bad for the reporter.

The manager of her security detail, is a complete F' idiot.

However muslim countries do not have monopoly on being animals and barbarians. Do not fool yourselves, all mankind is the same given the opportunity and the circumstances. The same bullshit has happened all over the world and the same would happen in North America if chaos was to reign. We are lucky we have cops that keep us relatively safe and even with that why do so many people pack guns in the US ?

:iamwithstupid:

Saying rape isn't about sex, is like saying robbery isn't about money. Its a bunch of new age bullshit a bunch of dog faced feminists came up with in the 70's. Rape is first and foremost about SEX. If it weren't, most rapists would be physiologically incapable of engaging in it. And given that this board is made up predominantly of young men, the evidence for this can be found right in front of you. I know thoughts of anger and violence do nothing for me down there, and actually have the opposite reaction.

For the guy who creeps in a 90 year old strangers window at night, it may be about other things, but in the vast majority of rapes the rapist is just like a thief... He sees something he wants, and he takes it.

In this instance we have the addition of the "mob" and the euphoria that goes along with thinking the rules that you've lived under no longer apply... At least for one night... In that crowd. Its why there is the inevitable looting and lawlessness that occurs whenever it appears that the rule of law has fallen. A mob takes on its own psyche and its members do things they would never do as individuals. And there doesnt need to be some great war or calamity to bring it on... Hell... Americans do it every time a basketball team wins a championship. The lawlessness isnt remarkable- Its the form it takes.

Its Marcus Aurelius. When these men felt invincible what did they do? What did their natural state revert to? Did they get drunk? Did they burn cars? Did they loot stores and burn down Sammy's Camera? No. They ran a train on a woman. Not because she wanted them to... Not because they were mad at her... Because they could.

Its true. We are the most violent species on this planet and any human or mob of humans is capable of that. Luckily most of us here are living in a society that through government has placed many laws as well as education in place to keep these types of things from happening. I also don't just blame Islam because the big three in the Middle East and Western world (Islam, Judaism, and Christianity) all hold strong hands in keeping women and sex repressed from the societies that they influence. I have in the past found myself thanking this forum when I log on because it is so far from that repressive and close minded Catholic upbringing that I had.

I'm sorry to laugh in a forum of this serious topic, but I found myself loosing it while reading this and having your picture of Ron Burgundy looking back at me.

I've gotta catch a plane in a second here RD and agree with many of your thoughts. I disagree though about the intent behind the rape and if this topic is still live when I get back I'll give you my thoughts.

The girl I used to go with in university was raped and sodomized, beaten badly prior to going with me. She was super hot - way above my league - tight university body, perfect complexion, ample rack, skin that tasted like strawberries. Brunette with big blue eyes.

Anyway she was very attractive so to that end yes there was some sexuality behind the brutal encounter. However there was more to it and you would be very lucky to get any rape victim to talk about the incident in great detail. The reason is they feel humiliated and want to avoid any chance of reliving it. That is why most rape victims refuse to testify or sometimes even report the incident. They are emotionally destroyed and cannot even fathom having this horrific person's body fluids inside themselves. Many victims become suicidal and with good reason.

Over the three years we dated I was able to gain insight into this issue. First of all there is typically usually a severe beating involved. Often times the rapist will scar and slice open the victim. They will kick and closed fist beat their face in. Multiple fractures, internal damage isn't uncommon. Secondly they do not always have the ability to keep their erection. Often they will lose it and then blame the victim and beat them worse. There was a case here a few years ago where teenage boys raped an underage girl with a hatchet. Trust me that isn't sexual.

A lot of rapes are pedophilic in nature. How often do we read about priests sodomizing little boys? Sometimes we read about rapes on babies. I've worked in emergency room before and while I'm not going to get into specifics one case involved a 6 hour surgery repairing a horrific life threatening rectal perforation / tear on a two year old's anus. Awful.

Thirdly the victim rarely recovers emotionally. This girl I dated was a 5 in the sack at best and clearly one can see why.

Anyway long story slightly shorter I think we can all agree on several points in this reporter case and while labels are important the most important thing is not defining whether it's passion or anger behind the attack but rather preventing these horrific incidents from happening again.

Don't have time to proofread my notes here so if I've made some errors give me until Monday to correct my thoughts.

Saying rape isn't about sex, is like saying robbery isn't about money. Its a bunch of new age bullshit a bunch of dog faced feminists came up with in the 70's. Rape is first and foremost about SEX. If it weren't, most rapists would be physiologically incapable of engaging in it. And given that this board is made up predominantly of young men, the evidence for this can be found right in front of you. I know thoughts of anger and violence do nothing for me down there, and actually have the opposite reaction.

Maybe it's 'not about sex' in the sense that it's not an enjoyable act two consenting humans engage in. How much fun could one possibly have raping a crying, screaming, fighting, defenseless, most likely already physically hurt person. It's an anger issue because it's not a matter of sexually pleasuring yourself and experiencing a sensual climax, it's about taking something you generally can't have be it because of religion, location, social status, ugliness or a million other reasons.

I think both Roman and Porter are right. IT's all something primal and may start sexual but as soon as there is resistance it changes to dominance/power and goes away from sexual.

What about Finland?

We are following Sweden in good and bad. Mostly in bad nowadays.

Even our imigration minister is half swedish old delusional lady which I would rather call as Aunt Cunt.

Over 90% of our rapes are done by Somalian & similar war refugees.

Because of nations frustration and elections soon, our government will be soon filled with neonazis just like ite happened in our neighbouring country.

Unfortynately two wrongs dont make one right...

We are following Sweden in good and bad. Mostly in bad nowadays.

Even our imigration minister is half swedish old delusional lady which I would rather call as Aunt Cunt.

Over 90% of our rapes are done by Somalian & similar war refugees.

Because of nations frustration and elections soon, our government will be soon filled with neonazis just like ite happened in our neighbouring country.

Unfortynately two wrongs dont make one right...

When did this start in Scandinavia (mass rapes? famous incidents?) because it would explain quite a bit of particular things I've noticed when I was there.

I am baffled by the simple logistics of 200 vs 1.. I've seen Houston do it professionally and it was still a cluster fcuk... following game theory I wonder how many got injured because they didn't want to share or give up the spot.