BINGO!!! First close up Start & Rev of the Aventador!!!!

DoctaM3

Here is is fellows. The first video on YouTube of the Aventador cold start and revving!!! I also got the interior shot of the tach. Remember this is the cold start but I have to tell you it sounds way better in person than it sounds in the video... Lots more to come.

Cheers!

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ..... Go Allan! Comment away

I actually love that car the more and more I see it. Just disappointed it's not offered in manual at all. Maybe years down the road i'd get one though!

Sounds so quite. If my eyes were shut i would have no idea it was a lamborghini. :( Hopefully it will sound much better in person

On this you have to trust me--the iPhone mic is overwhelmed... it is way better in person. also, note, as you can see from the tach, this is a cold start on a car that just came off the line (redline is just under 6K) so no one is gonna go wild on this beast like this.

Sounds like a hollow rasp which we could attribute to your camera maybe?

Have you got another vid of a G or M that we can compare with?

most definitely--just listen the people around. That should give you some sense of what the folks felt about the sounds. YouTube doesn't playback surround sound or I would have opted for that :(

Anyway, I am sure when we see this on the road, your eyes will be wide open FlyingLap!!!

Docta is killing it lately, nice! :icon_super:

And for the negative Nancies, it's a video of a car barely revving even HALF of its total rev range. Give me a break on your final decisions related to the engine note. :rolleyes:

In person it does sound a lot better, you can distinguish the difference between an aventador and murci pretty easily.

Rough crowd...lol

Can't wait to see this car live and on the road.

Docta is like the Aventador news king...always getting the latest scoop! Nice work!

Is the one parked next to it the new Orange? Looks red.

its orange.. camera just makes it look red. I had only seen it under artificial light until today. In sunlight, you will love this color. Very vivid... very Lambo. Much better than the old orange IMHO.

DoctaM3 is the man :icon_thumleft:

I thought you would drop it in gear and take it for a spin :)

Was tempted to drive it like I stole it--which is what I would have to do--but what a ride it would have been!

Why is the tach red from 6000 rpm and up.

They had just fired the car up. It was a cold start and they have a moving redline just like some of the M powered BMWs. Once it was warmed up the redline goes to 8250.

you can not have such a car with a stock exhaust: it would be the same as have a full dressed Playboy playmate...

ciao

I actually like the sound of my Superleggera exhaust....

Ciao, Leadfoot: of course a Lambo always has a very good exhaust sound also with stock exhaust.

But i heard a couple of green and orange 570 SL with factory SuperTrofeo full titanium exhaust that had a fantastic exhaust sound.

Here it is the video: i was there and live the sound was great, you can hear those car at minute 8:00.