Osama Bin Laden Dead Thread

Roman

UK Comment;

Pakistan may be a third world country, but at least they get their bins taken out on a Bank Holiday !... :lol:

I thank you ....

That was a UK only reference, and probably won't make sense to everyone but CC & me.. :aiwebs_011:

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not humourist at all. Roaming hit squads with no accountability. The key point of Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq is to prevent dictators doing that.

Democracy is the name of the game, democracy has accountability.

To think it is okay to do this kind of thing then go live in a dictatorship country.

Put it this way you sure as hell think it is not right when people do it in your country then why condone it done in other people's countries?

Can you not see that?

I saw that part of it, and figured that was what you are referring to. Maybe I wasn't verbose enough to really describe what I meant. Here is my perspective on this....

We send hundreds of thousands of troops into countries to restore peace, and take out terrorists, and teach their local police forces how to operate. This is along with our allies in the UK/Canada, and several other countries. All the United States truly wants is peace on our own soil which I assume is the same thing our allies want as well. The war on terrorism, is not a typical war where you invade with heavy armament, and kill tens or hundreds of thousands of opposing militia. It is surgical. It is cutting away small pieces until there is nothing left. That has been our biggest mistake along with our allies.

What I meant by my statement was-Say you have 600-1000 highly trained special ops forces (Thank you Romandad for the SEAL breakdown, that is truly impressive, and I didn't know it took a full 3 years to get through the entire program) Give them 200-300 targets a year. Give them free reign to do what they need to do to get them within reason. This means using nasty means of interrogation, and sometimes (unfortunately) taking out a few innocent people if needed to kill a high value target. What we have done for the last 10 years has been far too slow, and not precise enough to really be effective in eradicating them. Under the regular rules of war that we have established, this cannot, and will not be completed effectively.

If you have 50,000 guys roaming through the desert looking for 8-10 guys, it is a little more visible than a team of 5-10 highly trained/highly armed special ops forces that can blend in with the terrain, and people.

Now I am not the extremist that thinks you need to blow up an entire city of innocent people to get 1 terrorist, but I think my recommendation is diplomatic, as well as effective. I also do not agree with us occupying all of the countries we are currently occupying as mentioned previously. They do not want us there for the most part, most of our guys dont want to be there, people on both sides are dying for no reason, and it is not an effective means of meeting our goal as a country, and costs us and your country BILLIONS of Dollars annually.

Looking forward, OBL's death is another step closer towards some sense of closure for 9/11 along with the construction progress at Ground Zero.

In London, the outcry from UBL supporters has been made known. :shock: The pictures speak for themselves - especially the pics of those signs the UBL supporters hold. I hope it does not get too hairy over there!

"The protest against Bin Laden's death was organised by controversial preacher Anjem Choudary - who praised both 7/7 and the September 11 attacks."

UBL Supporters outside U.S. Embassy in London - Mock Funeral for UBL

Captain, be safe sir! Have you heard any additional details? Is the UK beefing up security/police in general?

In London, the outcry from UBL supporters has been made known. :shock: The pictures speak for themselves - especially the pics of those signs the UBL supporters hold. I hope it does not get too hairy over there!

"The protest against Bin Laden's death was organised by controversial preacher Anjem Choudary - who praised both 7/7 and the September 11 attacks."

Captain, be safe sir! Have you heard any additional details? Is the UK beefing up security/police in general?

Yeah.... Id open a file on each and every one of them.

:icon_thumleft: :iamwithstupid:

100 years ago they would have been killed too....

Amazes me that people actually support garbage like him.

I hope our UK brothers remain safe.

This guy is great! lol

Awesome seeing a British guy with a Tupac quote on his arm...

post-679-1304713061.jpg

He he

To put a balanced point across The Mail is probably one of the most conservative and nasty pieces of printed media in the UK and billing that story has LONDON IS ALIGHT WITH MUSLIMS and expect a story tomorrow along the lines of MUSLIMS WILL ROB YOUR HOUSE AND ROB IT OF YOUR VALUE. Frankly it is all a load of bullocks.

As much as it paints me as a liberal, people have a right to protest. As one poster stated if you focus on one instance, the States have invaded a country and killed people unlawfully without trial. However we all know that this extends further than that...

For every 10-15 coppers there there will be dozens of CCTV monitoring them plus at least two officers recording video at ground level along with helicopter footage.

Then they root through the footage and assess who they are and what they are doing...

Meanwhile the rest of the world went about their business and I can guarantee more than one person was giving the protesters the ol' magic beans hand signal.

During the Royal wedding, a Muslim group wanted to protest right outside the Abbey for Britain's involvement in the war. Then when one of the English front groups heard about the application for protest they wanted to hold a counter protest. It would have been like the scene outside the courthouse in "A time to kill"!

Anyone find it ironic that the man who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize gave the order to send in a team and put a bullet in Usama bin Laden's head? I mean, yeah, killing the main bad guy is a way to create peace, but not in the way the Nobel Peace Prize committee thinks.

As much as it paints me as a liberal, people have a right to protest. As one poster stated if you focus on one instance, the States have invaded a country and killed people unlawfully without trial. However we all know that this extends further than that...

When you say "liberal," do you mean the classical definition as in a person for freedom and limited government, or the modern American definition meaning a person with a left-wing political point-of-view?

I saw that part of it, and figured that was what you are referring to. Maybe I wasn't verbose enough to really describe what I meant. Here is my perspective on this....

We send hundreds of thousands of troops into countries to restore peace, and take out terrorists, and teach their local police forces how to operate. This is along with our allies in the UK/Canada, and several other countries. All the United States truly wants is peace on our own soil which I assume is the same thing our allies want as well. The war on terrorism, is not a typical war where you invade with heavy armament, and kill tens or hundreds of thousands of opposing militia. It is surgical. It is cutting away small pieces until there is nothing left. That has been our biggest mistake along with our allies.

What I meant by my statement was-Say you have 600-1000 highly trained special ops forces (Thank you Romandad for the SEAL breakdown, that is truly impressive, and I didn't know it took a full 3 years to get through the entire program) Give them 200-300 targets a year. Give them free reign to do what they need to do to get them within reason. This means using nasty means of interrogation, and sometimes (unfortunately) taking out a few innocent people if needed to kill a high value target. What we have done for the last 10 years has been far too slow, and not precise enough to really be effective in eradicating them. Under the regular rules of war that we have established, this cannot, and will not be completed effectively.

If you have 50,000 guys roaming through the desert looking for 8-10 guys, it is a little more visible than a team of 5-10 highly trained/highly armed special ops forces that can blend in with the terrain, and people.

Now I am not the extremist that thinks you need to blow up an entire city of innocent people to get 1 terrorist, but I think my recommendation is diplomatic, as well as effective. I also do not agree with us occupying all of the countries we are currently occupying as mentioned previously. They do not want us there for the most part, most of our guys dont want to be there, people on both sides are dying for no reason, and it is not an effective means of meeting our goal as a country, and costs us and your country BILLIONS of Dollars annually.

The U.S. Army Special Forces ("Green Berets") are a huge part of this in Afghanistan right now. One thing they are is a force multiplier, as they are a team of twelve men who go in, make friends with the people, create basic infrastructure, medical, and educational services for them, and train them up so that they can then fight off the terrorists.

So basically it's a way to get the benefit of 1,000 conventional soldiers by sending in far fewer. Just going through and killing random people likely won't work though, as you'll just alienate the populace and make them side with the terrorists.

When you say "liberal," do you mean the classical definition as in a person for freedom and limited government, or the modern American definition meaning a person with a left-wing political point-of-view?

More the former with fair justice and freedom of speech.

So long as it falls inline with my opinion

Random observation:

Had the Obamas been invited to the royal wedding, would OBL have been wacked this weekend instead?

More the former with fair justice and freedom of speech.

Coolbeans, I was just curious.

So long as it falls inline with my opinion

Lol.

Seized videos of Bin Laden from compound

what's so interesting about watching someone sitting there watching his own TV? i have a weird feeling like im looking thru a window stalking someone.. :icon_mrgreen:

Seized videos of Bin Laden from compound

Is he checking out the Home Shopping Network?