Osama Bin Laden Dead Thread

Roman

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But but but the government did do the WTC because they needed space to film the next moon landings.

I haven't thought of that angle before. You have given me much to consider.

OBL is dead. 9-11 families finally have closure. On to the next asshole.

Gaddafi better sleep with one eye open.

It has been such a great week...OBL dead, Heat are up 2-0 on the Celtics, I was hoping they gave Seal Team 6 a few days off, and then let them take out Castro, Gadaffi, Abidinijad, Kim Il Jung, Chavez, my 10th grade French teacher, etc. I also played the powerball which would be a nice addition to win.

I followed the photos img link and they are talking about whether it's flipped or not in relation to the bullet wound.

The flag is worn ( backwards ) on the right arm only isn't it? Making the photo posted here the correct orientation?

Don't care about the photo itself ( looks fake as hell ). Just wondering in my own head.

EDIT: Didn't look further down the linked page.

And I love the NYPost front cover "US nails the bastard"

Would be no reason to release the photo with one of the Team Six members visible.

Say osama was sat in a US court, first question his defence would say is "how did you get here" bang case collapse in pretty much any court in the world too.

Nope. The general rule is that how the defendant got there is irrelevant and no impediment to prosecution, even if he was forcibly taken from another country by the U.S. or its agents and brought back. But there is zero chance that even Obama and his sidekick Holder would try to prosecute OBL in a criminal court anyway (assuming he were alive).

I followed the photos img link and they are talking about whether it's flipped or not in relation to the bullet wound.

The flag is worn ( backwards ) on the right arm only isn't it? Making the photo posted here the correct orientation?

Don't care about the photo itself ( looks fake as hell ). Just wondering in my own head.

EDIT: Didn't look further down the linked page.

And I love the NYPost front cover "US nails the bastard"

First Ive seen that pic-

But the flag is correct...

However.... No way they release a pic where you can in any way ID an operators face....

= EDIT=-

And five seconds of google foo prove Im right....

Fake

However.... No way they release a pic where you can in any way ID an operators face....

:iamwithstupid: An active duty seal will never be publically identified. They carry US Navy CAC (Common Access Cards) like anyone else and are only "allowed" to say that they are in the US Navy. Special Operation and Special Forces team members keep everything about what they do on the DL. The last thing our forces would ever do is give the scumbags shooting at our boys an easy way to identify a SEAL from photographs. The only time you will see a photo recognizing them as a Navy Seal is either after they have been discharged from the Navy, or being honored upon their death.

According to what I read on MSN this morning, the CIA Director said the photo confirming his death IS going to be made publically available, so we will know soon enough.

:iamwithstupid:

Sometimes it's as simple as it seems. In this case they chose to not drop bombs on his head just to satisfy you conspiracists that he's dead and STILL there's doubt...

Can't leave him alive for a couple dozen excellent reasons, not the least of which is turning him into a living martyr and recruiting magnet until he dies of old age or execution, which are usually the same thing in the US...

The conspiracy nonsense brewing from this is almost as bad as the "The government blew up the World Trade Centers after the airplanes hit" take, or the "There was no plane wreckage at the Pentagon 9/11 crash site" nonsense.

It's good to question authority. But only to the point where evidence is presented that 95%+ of the populace would agree satisfies the burden. To go past that 95th percentile ventures into the land of paranoia or cynicism or just stubborn douchebaggery-beligerance than actual critical thought.

I don't think anyone is questioning that he is dead, but more along the lines of how everything happened and why he's dead now instead of 2001, 2005, 2008, etc.

For comparison sake, you have the Iraq war started in March 2003, and Hussein captured 9 months later. For a relative non threat, I'd say he was caught pretty quickly.

Bin Laden had some advantages for sure geographically, but it begs the question:

Is anyone in the world that elusive to the resources of the USA? 10 years elusive?

Of course, all of this can be wrong and it is as simple as it is.

But like others have said, with governments you never 100% know the story.

So considering they killed him, safe to say that this was the plan - not to bring him home alive? (Then have to put up with - how do we try him, where, when, all that bs). Safe to say, then - Obama did the right thing in just having him taken out then and there. I honestly don't think he's gotten enough credit for this.

I don't think anyone is questioning that he is dead, but more along the lines of how everything happened and why he's dead now instead of 2001, 2005, 2008, etc.

For comparison sake, you have the Iraq war started in March 2003, and Hussein captured 9 months later. For a relative non threat, I'd say he was caught pretty quickly.

Bin Laden had some advantages for sure geographically, but it begs the question:

Is anyone in the world that elusive to the resources of the USA? 10 years elusive?

You are forgetting that Saddam was elusive and hid from us for years. The actual invasion of IRAQ when we officially declared war may have happened in 2003, but we had been in that country searching for him for almost a decade since the Gulf War. Him being caught at that time was a very fortunate stroke of luck. Intelligence got a tip (as they had for almost a decade) that looked promising, and it turned out to be everything they had dreamed of. I have no doubt that the soldiers that uncovered that hole he was hiding in must have thought they were dreaming when he announced who he was. That was just an unbelievable milestone for the US to capture him the way he was, after SO many years of running.

With the networks of tunnels caves and mountains that Pakistan and Afghanistan has, it dosent surprise me at all that it took them as long as it did to pinpoint him. Would I have liked to see him brought down 10 years earlier? Of course. But I definitely wouldnt blame the Goverment for taking much longer to find him since they didnt. Osama was one evil SOB and had waaaay too many scumbag followers across that country helping him hide and supporting his every move. Those advantages he had geographically werent just an element that helped him, they were in fact the key to his success in hiding from us since 9/11.

:iamwithstupid:

Be careful of sites with Osama links.... There's massive number of cyber crimes going around, using this Osama frenzy online to spread viruses and hacking programs into your computer.... :icon_thumleft:

Could you imagine the National Hide and Go Seek Championship DOMINATION if Anne Frank and Bin Laden teamed up?

The government you need to question is PAKISTAN's...

Why didnt we catch Bin Laden in 2001? Read "Kill Bin Laden" by Thomas Greer. The reason we didnt catch him was because of a major tactical fcuk up. We relied too heavily on local Afghanis to lead the mission in Tora Bora. We didnt seal the back door, because we assumed the tallest mountains in the world would act as a backstop.... Major fcuk up... he had been hiking all over those mountains for decades... He climbed over them, WOUNDED, snuck out the back and disappeared.

Why didnt we catch him in 2005? Because by that time he was living DEEP inside a sovereign nation that we had almost NO assets in... PAKISTAN. And he wasnt moving around or even leaving the compound. Clearly the neighborhood was loyal to him and wasnt giving him up.

Why did we catch Sadam so fast? Because he was hiding in a country that we had 100,000 troops in. And because a local knew where he was and thought the idea of winning the lottery sounded like a fun thing to do.

Its like asking why did I find the left sock and not the right one? Or why did they find the body of one missing kid after a few days, and another is never found. Its because you dont find something based on how hard you look for it, but on how well its hidden.

You are forgetting that it was possible to roll through Iraq on tanks looking for Hussein. This isn't the case with Pakistan. I agree that we will probably never know all the details of this operation or how far back we had hints of his whereabouts. But at the same time, hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to say now "well you knew where the courier was so why didn't you take him out 5 years ago".

That's an idiotic move. For once the guy does something right and orders the killing of this bastard only to follow up with something like this.

He already taped his 60 Minutes special on this where he states that he won't release photos of UBL's body. That will air Sunday. Fearless leader must go on TV to his preferred media outlets like Oprah and 60 Minutes or else he can't have his fill of his own ego! :eusa_doh: :eusa_wall:

And this is what pissed me off to no end; direct quote from interview to be aired:

“Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaida killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the internet,” he continued. “Osama bin Laden is not a trophy — he is dead and let’s now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaida has been eliminated.”

:rant: Did you read the first part of that quote?! Isn't that what these assholes ALWAYS do?! They tape beheadings, they kill our guys and drag them through the streets only to hang their mutilated corpses from bridges and spread those videos/photos all over the internet!! What an asshat, where has he been? Such a false statement - I'm seriously irked to all hell about that quote. :rant:

And this is what pissed me off to no end; direct quote from interview to be aired:

“Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaida killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the internet,” he continued. “Osama bin Laden is not a trophy — he is dead and let’s now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaida has been eliminated.”

:rant: Did you read the first part of that quote?! Isn't that what these assholes ALWAYS do?! They tape beheadings, they kill our guys and drag them through the streets only to hang their mutilated corpses from bridges and spread those videos/photos all over the internet!! What an asshat, where has he been? Such a false statement - I'm seriously irked to all hell about that quote. :rant:

That is moral equivalence; in this case acting as though our terrorist enemies are our moral equivalents and therefore are entitled to the same treatment/deference we would expect. Hardly suprising considering the source. I remember a neighbor of mine (who I thought was a pretty middle of the road guy) ask me during the run up to the Iraq war "Who are we to tell another country whether it can have nukes or WMD's or not anyway"?

From what Ive been able to find, the American People have paid 400 billion dollars for that photo. I want to see what I paid for.