When a 90K GTR is capable of this...

It's a great car indeed. Just did a track day with about 30 of them at Virginia Int'l Raceway. They look like a big sled out on the track (from my car's point of view) but they sure do turn in well. I could not keep up with one that was pushing 650+ at the wheels........on low boost. It's the best value for performance IMHO.

Now as far as sound, it's no comparison. And as far as looks, well that is subjective. There is just something intoxicating taking an "exotic" out on the track pushing it hard and listening to it scream from 10 cylinders. ;)

Yeah the GT-R is awesome and all, but that chick in the pink shirt in the Top Gear audience has a spectacular set of mams on her!

They always seem to do a good job of putting the hot chicks up front. The GTR is a pretty bad ass car, I have driven a modded one before and rode in others. The transmission never seizes to amaze.

Meh...supercars have never been about lap times to me. (although bragging rights are fun)

if you buy a supercar for the lap time (or the track) i think you've got the wrong idea entirely. if you want lap times...buy a dedicated track car. no frills, one seat, full cage, track car...i assure you for half the money you'll be WAY faster around a track!

Supercars IMO are about status first, beauty and speed tied for second, cruising comfortably with your girl third and practicality can be damned. anyone in a pagani zonda F or a slr 722 or a lp640 who could give a damn how fast a nissan GTR is...well i think they are just thinking about the game all wrong.

NIssan or not; 70K or not; This is a piece of engineering marvel. This ride is so very capable, its jaw dropping!

NIssan or not; 70K or not; This is a piece of engineering marvel. This ride is so very capable, its jaw dropping!

I agree the Nissan engineers did one hell of a job ...... Period ..... No one can take that away from them.

I'm a numbers guy, and you can't argue with results, after all a performance car should ...... Well ...... Perform (as in put up the numbers)!!!

HOWEVER

MY GOD ........ ALONG THE WAY COULDN'T THEY HAVE ALSO MADE IT LOOK COOL ..............

I agree the Nissan engineers did one hell of a job ...... Period ..... No one can take that away from them.

I'm a numbers guy, and you can't argue with results, after all a performance car should ...... Well ...... Perform (as in put up the numbers)!!!

HOWEVER

MY GOD ........ ALONG THE WAY COULDN'T THEY HAVE ALSO MADE IT LOOK COOL ..............

Are you serious?? i think the GTR looks really good.

:iamwithstupid:

I have heard a quite a few with exhaust, and they do sound very good.

One passed me on the Ring... Sorry, flew past me on the ring - and it sounded fantastic. I had my windows down when I saw it coming. Must have had exhaust.

:eusa_think: That doesnt sound worth it to me! :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid: :eusa_think:

:lol2: :lol2:

I have love for the GTR. How has the maintenance been on your Bill?

no need to hate on the GTR, all super car guy should just buy a GTR its very fun TOY.

alex

I may be out of pocket that weekend due to a big client being in town for their event, but would love to hang out if I can sneak away.

Agreed on the looks....does not look bad, just doesn't look like a super car

Make it sleeker looking like the Audi R8 and suddenly Nissan can charge an extra $40k for this car

:iamwithstupid: :eusa_think:

:lol2: :lol2:

I have love for the GTR. How has the maintenance been on your Bill?

the maintenance has been great! it has been in for 1k mile service which is free and includes wheel alignment.

i have not put the car down since i bought it, rain or shine! the best DD ever and alex is right "every super car owner should have one"

Have to say, soul no soul.. sound being argumentative... i love the way my car sounds... and when I walk up to the line up to drive a car... many times picked the GTR...

with the SP mods, it drives amazing, sounds incredible and drove it across Utah at the Fast Pass where it became one of my favorite cars :D

Like Alex said... everyone should have one hahahaha

Have to say, soul no soul.. sound being argumentative... i love the way my car sounds... and when I walk up to the line up to drive a car... many times picked the GTR...

with the SP mods, it drives amazing, sounds incredible and drove it across Utah at the Fast Pass where it became one of my favorite cars :D

Like Alex said... everyone should have one hahahaha

YEP YEP