F1 Down

capt_chaos

Rumours that Rowan Atkinson has crashed his F1 are doing the rounds on UK boards. He needed to go to hospital according to reports so suggests that the car will not be in the greatest of shapes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again?! He's already crashed it once! At least he's driving it - but I wish someone would give him driving lessons. Hope him and the car are okay.

LONDON — British actor Rowan Atkinson, famed for his "Mr. Bean" television shows and films, is recovering in a hospital after crashing his $1 million supercar, according to reports.

The 56-year-old comedian, also known for the "Blackadder" historical comedy shows, was expected to be discharged on Friday after treatment for a shoulder injury, the Daily Mirror reported.

Atkinson was driving his McLaren F1 supercar — one of the world's fastest road cars, the newspaper said. The F1 has a top speed of 230 miles per hour.

Atkinson's spokesman could not immediately be reached for comment.

Police and firefighters said that a vehicle crashed late Thursday close to Haddon, a village about 85 miles north of London.

The car struck a tree, a lamppost and caught on fire, authorities said.

"Crews brought the fire under control by 8:13 p.m. They made the vehicle safe and used one hose reel to put out the fire," a spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service told The Telegraph.

"There was one casualty but he was not trapped," the newspaper quoted her as saying.

Top Gear appearance

Atkinson is known for his love of fast cars. He recently appeared on the British car show Top Gear, where he recorded the fastest lap time in the program's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment, The Telegraph reported.

According to the Daily Mirror, Atkinson also owns vintage and classic cars, including Aston Martins and Rolls Royces, and has written articles for car magazines.

The Mirror said that Atkinson's McLaren F1 was one of only about 65 in existence

That sucks.

He talked about it a few weeks back on Top Gear and said that it had over 34,000 miles.

I can only imagine what it's going to cost to fix it.

Peloton would know best but I wonder if McLaren will attempt to rebuild that car. I feel like the way they treat the F1's that they wouldnt just let one go like that. I'm guessing if rebuilding it is feasible they will. Who knows though.

I saw his Top Gear appearance and he definitely knows how to drive. His lap was not only the fastest lap time by a "star" it was also extremely smooth (unlike, say, Tom Cruise). If you drive fast cars fast, sometimes shit happens.

we all have car crashes, we don't know about the detail of this one,so why hate?

...I'm shure for the right price Mclaren will put the car back on the road...it's up to R.A. to decide if it's worth the price or not...