ZR Enzo goes for a dip in a Canadian lake

Destructo

That sucks.

wonder if a video will emerge?

Styling questionable or not...its still an Enzo...sad to see one of the rarest cars in the world bit the dust.

i'm guessing its salvageable...probably needs to be totally dismantled, dryer and a lot of electrical replaced.

As much shit as we dole out, as Porter says, it's important that everyone is ok. Cars can be rebuilt, lives cannot. And no doubt Zahir will make take the chance to make something even more ridiculous when he gets it back to the shop.

Worlds ugliest Ferrari Enzo attempts suicide by drowning in a Canadian lake. It fails, miserably.

atlantic ocean actually :P

I guess Zahir wanted to one up the dude from Florida with the sunken Veyron.

That sucks.

wonder if a video will emerge?

Styling questionable or not...its still an Enzo...sad to see one of the rarest cars in the world bit the dust.

i'm guessing its salvageable...probably needs to be totally dismantled, dryer and a lot of electrical replaced.

It's not registered here, but Manitoba Public Insurance automatically writes off any car that has been submerged.

I would think that most insurance companies have similar policies.

The reason MPI writes off submerged cars is because mold can develop so ALL interior fabrics need to be replaced. Electronics can start to fail, so ALL electronics and wiring must be replaced. Curosion can develop, so the whole thing has to be taken apart.

Once its all said and done, the cost to restore a car like that exceeds what most insurance companies would pay out.

It's hard to say what would happen with a million dollar car, but that thing landed in the ocean. I can't imagine salt water is very good for it. The motor will probably be shot also. Assuming it didn't get shut off before impact, there's a really high chance this thing has been hydrolocked.

Super shitty. Hopefully they are able to replace/repair it.

After watching the video I have new respect for Rana. His attitude is great considering the circumstances (yes he has money) but he is also a car lover too. Impressive in my opinion.

It's not registered here, but Manitoba Public Insurance automatically writes off any car that has been submerged.

I would think that most insurance companies have similar policies.

Will insurance even cover it in this case? This is a "racing event" so usually they wont cover. I called my insurance before I did a track day, the answer I got as long as you arent racing competitively for a prize you will be covered. I think another thing that was in my favor was that this particular track day had some instructional teaching too.

Destructo Today, 08:48 AM

After watching the video I have new respect for Rana. His attitude is great considering the circumstances (yes he has money) but he is also a car lover too. Impressive in my opinion.

+1

Will insurance even cover it in this case? This is a "racing event" so usually they wont cover. I called my insurance before I did a track day, the answer I got as long as you arent racing competitively for a prize you will be covered. I think another thing that was in my favor was that this particular track day had some instructional teaching too.

Good point. insurance probably won't cover that.

Although, it may still need a salvage title to put it back on the road. I'm not sure how that would work

im really sad for you..and ima let u finish..but the Bugatti lake dive was the best crash of all time...OF ALL TIMEEEEE..

jk

that sucks!! and that car sounded soo good aswell...what a shame :(

It looks like all those wins at Le Mans didn't make a better driver out of Roland> :icon_mrgreen: . Shame the car ended up in the water.

It looks like all those wins at Le Mans didn't make a better driver out of Roland> :icon_mrgreen: . Shame the car ended up in the water.

You mean teacher? I thought he was co-piloting it.