Iphone 4.1.0.3.s.q

capt_chaos

Supposedly they're saying the new phone is just as fast, if notfaster than 4g with download speeds of 14.4mbps. Not sure though, just reading a live blog information of their quotes.

4g is over twice as fast as that...

So no NFC either?

urtenc3_251x113.png

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sticking with my iPhone 4, will wait for the 5 for new upgrade.

Any idea how long that would be? Im guessing 9 months?

To me it looks like they went in the same direction as they did with the upgrade from the 3G to the 3GS (same phone, just faster and one or two things slightly new). My guess would be those with the 3gs would upgrade to this while those have the 4 now, will wait for the 5 (if it releases next summer as they normally would do).

Sticking with my iPhone 4, will wait for the 5 for new upgrade.

Same.

I wanted a bigger screen and a less heart-stopping-when-I-drop-it fragile glass design. They delivered neither. Do appreciate the other improvements for sure, particularly the camera with 1080p recording, but it's not enough to get me to upgrade.

Next.

LOL, some of the upgrades that their advertising have been features of Android phones for the past couple years. I think its amazing how they can release a product thats behind the curve and still generate record sales.

LOL, some of the upgrades that their advertising have been features of Android phones for the past couple years. I think its amazing how they can release a product thats behind the curve and still generate record sales.

And some of the features it offers won't be offered on Android or any other device for years. It goes both ways.

One example: You be sure to let me know when your Android phone gets a display that doesn't look like godawful shit compared to my iPhone 4. After getting it even my Dell 30" LCD looks awful, lol, that's how great it is, and it's already a year old.

So to the lurkers out there tempted to engage, lets cut the shit when it comes to the very tired and lame "Apple is for teh noobz, I is teh pro killa wit mah Andrud!!!!" nonsense from 2009.

Both platforms are cutting edge, both are fantastic. Period.

Apple desevers every one of those record-level sales that they make, as does Google. Neither is truly superior to the other, they both have their own pros and cons.

Sometimes, Android has had many feature like HD video recording before the Iphone did, but the Android's video quality absolutely sucked when compared to an Iphone. I bought an the Evo 4g thinking, "this is bad ass, I can record HD videos on the go" then my friend got an Iphone... The Iphone's video and sound quality is much better than my Evo's. I just couldn't believe how shitty the camera was on my Evo, even though it had a 8mp camera vs the Iphone's 5mp.

Anyways, my Evo broke and that means upgrade time.

*Like Mako said, Evo/Android did have many features that I will miss.

And some of the features it offers won't be offered on Android or any other device for years. It goes both ways.

One example: You be sure to let me know when your Android phone gets a display that doesn't look like godawful shit compared to my iPhone 4. After getting it even my Dell 30" LCD looks awful, lol, that's how great it is, and it's already a year old.

So to the lurkers out there tempted to engage, lets cut the shit when it comes to the very tired and lame "Apple is for teh noobz, I is teh pro killa wit mah Andrud!!!!" nonsense from 2009.

Both platforms are cutting edge, both are fantastic. Period.

Apple desevers every one of those record-level sales that they make, as does Google. Neither is truly superior to the other, they both have their own pros and cons.

Display-wise, my Samsung Droid Charge (Verizon -- 4G) positively kicks ass. Even better, by all objective reviewers' accounts, than the iPhone's. Hence my choosing it over any of the other 4G phones Verizon has (including the Bionic).

Sometimes, Android has had many feature like HD video recording before the Iphone did, but the Android's video quality absolutely sucked when compared to an Iphone. I bought an the Evo 4g thinking, "this is bad ass, I can record HD videos on the go" then my friend got an Iphone... The Iphone's video and sound quality is much better than my Evo's. I just couldn't believe how shitty the camera was on my Evo, even though it had a 8mp camera vs the Iphone's 5mp.

Anyways, my Evo broke and that means upgrade time.

You're confusing Android with HTC.

I started using siri when it first came out and loved it, it was so much better then any voice system i've used before. So i'm actually pretty excited about it being integrated now.

Display-wise, my Samsung Droid Charge (Verizon -- 4G) positively kicks ass. Even better, by all objective reviewers' accounts, than the iPhone's. Hence my choosing it over any of the other 4G phones Verizon has (including the Bionic).

That's fine, but that phone came out nearly a year AFTER the iPhone 4, so even if I do grant parity in the display it was very late to the party. And it doesn't change the fact that most Android phone displays are still garbage by comparison even with the passing of a great deal of time.

The larger point I'm making though is that there are game-changing features on both sides. One is NOT superior to the other, not by a long shot. They're both excellent choices.

End. of. debate.

So let's take the anti-Android or anti-Apple child's argument elsewhere please guys, I refuse to let this thread devolve into the stupid fanboy shit that permeates the web on topics like this. :icon_thumleft:

That's fine, but that phone came out nearly a year AFTER the iPhone 4, so even if I do grant parity in the display it was very late to the party. And it doesn't change the fact that most Android phone displays are still garbage by comparison even with the passing of a great deal of time.

The larger point I'm making though is that there are game-changing features on both sides. One is NOT superior to the other, not by a long shot. They're both excellent choices.

End. of. debate.

So let's take the anti-Android or anti-Apple child's argument elsewhere please guys, I refuse to let this thread devolve into the stupid fanboy shit that permeates the web on topics like this. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

Im SERIOUSLY trying to get an educated opinion on whether I should switch... An out of the frying pan sort of thing, and Im hearing a lot of circle jerk bullshit....

On a seperate note- is Itunes store down?

Im SERIOUSLY trying to get an educated opinion on whether I should switch... An out of the frying pan sort of thing, and Im hearing a lot of circle jerk bullshit....

It's a bitch to get an informed discussion about it, because we men tend to be dipshits about tying our ego to purchased products.

Like: "I bought this product, so my personal ego is tied to that product, and if another product is better out there I look weak and stupid to my peers, so I must defend the product I bought to the death and ridicule the other side endlessly". :rolleyes:

...Kind of like our Lambo versus Ferrari debates... :icon_mrgreen:

But honestly it's easy to recommend either platform, or even Blackberry for that matter, but you have to first decide what your NEEDS are E.

Honestly, go to an apple store and ask one of the mohawk wearing lip pierced employees to show you one. They are actually all pretty nice or at least are trained to be. Compare it side to side with your current phone and os and see what you think. I've had an iPhone since the first day they were introduced so I'm bought in.

I like how easy and intuitive the iOS is. I think this siri thing could make it even easier if it works as prescribed.

Honestly, go to an apple store and ask one of the mohawk wearing lip pierced employees to show you one. They are actually all pretty nice or at least are trained to be. Compare it side to side with your current phone and os and see what you think. I've had an iPhone since the first day they were introduced so I'm bought in.

I like how easy and intuitive the iOS is. I think this siri thing could make it even easier if it works as prescribed.

Assman is correct.

I go to the apple store here in Newport or Costa Mesa every time we go to the mall... And the fcuking places are always so crowded, I freak the fcuk out andc leave....

You're confusing Android with HTC.

You are right, but at the time it was the best Android powered phone (deemed an Iphone killer) at the time.

As for having 4g, I used it with my Evo, but it drained my battery like no other, and 4g was available in very limited areas.

The thing is, Android phones are made by many companies, and new models come out all the time, so more features and technologies will be available for Android phones.

Not debating, just sharing my experience with Android phones.

If you do end up going with android, MAKE SURE you go with the more expensive, top of the line model. Many of my friends bought the cheaper ones and after a week, they just wanted to shoot them.

Some things that I liked about my Evo were: Google Navigation, Music Junk (free music downloader), Torque (car diagnostic app), game emulators that were free, 4shared.com (free apps), and the ability to plug it into my computer and use it as a storage device.

There was more, but I am sure the Iphone could do the same thing.