Occupy a bathtub already

lambornima

Ill reiterate on e of the big ones... One of the great lessons of life I learned... And if youre a lambopower member, this advice alone pays for the price of admission...

DONT HAVE CREDIT CARD DEBT.

There isnt an investment out there that pays a GUARANTEED 17% return. If I could find one, I would be ALL OVER IT...

KEEPING A ZERO BALANCE ON CREDIT CARDS IS LIKE HAVING A 17% return on whatever amount you might have put on them. Guaranteed. Thats 17% of your money you get to keep by NOT USING THEM.

:iamwithstupid: Ive yet to ever not pay off the full balance.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you bring up a good point... There are so many kids- I would go so far as saying MOST... They are graduating from High School at 17 or 18, and then go to college... Because... Well... Thats what you do after you graduate High School. They have NO IDEA what they want to do. Why should they?

Then, they get through college after five or six years. They still have NO IDEA what they want to do, so they go to grad school. They still have no real experience in the outside world.

This is where I'd say you CAN blame the parents and the media and the "system". I called bullshit on this as soon as I got into college - KNEW i didn't know what I was there for. You know what EVERYONE, every single fcuking person from teachers to admins to parents to students said?

"It's OK, you will figure it out later..say junior year"

then a couple years later when almost everyone, myself included was hopping majors left and right, it was again "It's ok, average student switches 2-3 times" to when my BS alert was going off "WTF IS GOING ON?!!"

One person, out of hundreds told me "Look, I was in your shoes, if you don't know now, don't go and figure that out first".. but when you are in college and consider this, you only hear "If you drop out you will never come back"

We need to have more internships, A LOT MORE job shadowing, required, and as soon as possible. Bless those who know they want to work as a marine biologist or xyz, but for the rest - real world and what you THINK about real world and that job will collide HARD right after college.

Right now I'm going to a technical school and I'm learning how to draw and design parts for machines and houses. One of my other classes is learning how to case harden steel and other metal working techniques. The nice part about this? That 2 year degree would cost me about $15,000 and I KNOW that there's going to be job placement for when I get out of college. Will that job ever pay me enough to get my dream car: a Gallardo 570SL? Probably not, but at the very least I'll be debt free and going to sleep every night with the satisfaction of an honest day's work under my belt.

Right now I'm going to a technical school and I'm learning how to draw and design parts for machines and houses. One of my other classes is learning how to case harden steel and other metal working techniques. The nice part about this? That 2 year degree would cost me about $15,000 and I KNOW that there's going to be job placement for when I get out of college. Will that job ever pay me enough to get my dream car: a Gallardo 570SL? Probably not, but at the very least I'll be debt free and going to sleep every night with the satisfaction of an honest day's work under my belt.

You will be a lot closer to the car than most people who think life owes then a life like a reality show, You need to do something that you enjoy doing or you will never be a success, I would suspect most people on this board complain about work/career from time to time but I would also assume most of the time they get up in the morning wanting to start work rather than wishing it was quiting time.

BTW... This may seem a little tinfoil hatty... But... I think SOMEBODY from the media is reading LPOWER.... Because SEVERAL of the posts, made IN THIS THREAD EARLY ON, I have heard regurgitated on several National radio shows, and in several high profile columns the last three days....

BTW... This may seem a little tinfoil hatty... But... I think SOMEBODY from the media is reading LPOWER.... Because SEVERAL of the posts, made IN THIS THREAD EARLY ON, I have heard regurgitated on several National radio shows, and in several high profile columns the last three days....

I get my breaking news and opinions from LPOWER

which ones?

which ones?

Every time the government has "Subsidized" education, the cost to the STUDENT HAS INCREASED. You're a smart kid, you can look up the info yourself, but the U.S. government started "Subsidizing college" in the 1940s with the GI Bill.... What did colleges, those bastians of liberalism and "diversity" do? They cranked the tuition up. The government did it again in the 1960's with the "Great society". Guess what happened? Clinton and Bush 2 promised even MORE subsidies for college through loans and pell grants.... Look whats happened to tuition versus the standard rate of inflation:

education_sm.jpg

You CANNOT tinker with a free market and get good results... The GOVERNMENT gave COLLEGES money, and they didnt LOWER the price of education- THe GOVERNMENT GAVE STUDENTS MONEY and that simply increased demand and colleges RAISED THE PRICE OF TUITION. So instead of borrowing $5,000 from your uncle Jim to go to college, youre borrowing $150,000 from your Uncle Sam. Who's the BIG WINNER NIMA??? STUDENTS??? fcuk NO! COLLEGE ADMINISTRATORS AND PROFESSORS. But THEY- who have proven to be the MOST GREEDY, DOUBLE DIPPING "CORPORATIONS" in the world, wont be mentioned by these retards, because: 1. Theyre not smart enough to get it and ; 2. They share a common political ideology, and thats what this is really about.

These idiots are bitching about corporations sitting on piles of cash.... NOBODY IN THE WORLD has the kind of cash the College and University "Endowments" have.... Harvard has 32 billion all by itself. Yale is 19 Billion... You add the thousands of colleges all up, and they would be the biggest economic superpower in the world.... But you wont hear a peep from these liberal assholes about them.

THIS was the topic of Rush Limbaugh's first hour this morning, and he made most of the same points I did- including the endowment issue....

THIS was the topic of Rush Limbaugh's first hour this morning, and he made most of the same points I did- including the endowment issue....

Erik - Get to filtering the email addy's of those people who have access to this section. I would be over the moon thrilled if your thoughts and rants made it into the media spotlight, even if it's through an odd channel.

This very well may be the beginning of your political career!

Roman for President!!!!

He would ban the fcuk out of these Occupy Wall Street douchenozzles.

With as many people as we have on the forum I am sure there is at least one person who works in the media :P

Erik - Get to filtering the email addy's of those people who have access to this section.

Dude.... The last time I tried to do something like this, I ended up banning half the board, including myself.

Case in point:

It obviously helps GDP when people overspend both abroad and in US, and don't save, and are frivalous with their money. Increase in GDP means a healthy economy and a healthy stock market (if no exterior issues arise such as debt woes in the EU or China, or war, or housing issues). Did these people learn nothing from the last 2 years? Live within your means.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/28/news/econo...nding/index.htm

Case in point:

It obviously helps GDP when people overspend both abroad and in US, and don't save, and are frivalous with their money. Increase in GDP means a healthy economy and a healthy stock market (if no exterior issues arise such as debt woes in the EU or China, or war, or housing issues). Did these people learn nothing from the last 2 years? Live within your means.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/28/news/econo...nding/index.htm

They did learn something they are now called "the bail out generation"

They did learn something they are now called "the bail out generation"

Make America FAIL generation.

We had a freak snowstorm here in NY. I guess the protesters only like 70* and sunny

The snow was a bone-chilling slush in New York City, and a taste of what's to come for demonstrators camping out at Zuccotti Park in lower Manhattan for the Occupy Wall Street protest.

Nick Lemmin, of Brooklyn, spent his first night at Zuccotti in a sleeping bag in a tent, wearing thermals, a sweatshirt and a scarf.

Lemmin said he thought the early snow was actually "a good test." But it was too much for protester Adash Daniel, who had already been in the park for three weeks.

"I'm not much good to this movement if I'm shivering," Daniel said as he left.

Pussy

I just read this entire thread.
First, I want to recognize this with a :eusa_clap: because that had to take some serious time!

Next, just found this interesting list I thought would be good to share with LP.

Official List of OWS Supporters, Sponsors and Sympathizers (Sources named with links provided on the list in this article.)

"As each new controversial endorsement has appeared over the last month, OWS supporters have dismissed them one by one as 'isolated examples' that don’t reflect any overall trend toward extremism. But when viewed in aggregate like this, it becomes much more difficult to dismiss any individual endorsement as an aberration; instead, an undeniable pattern emerges."