Autistic Girl Would Like a Ride in a Supercar

EpDarks

Found this on craigslist. Felt I should pass it on. Any owners in the area want to step up?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/wan/2668530975.html

Hello,

I have a rather odd request. My autistic daughter has a fascination with all supercars, especially Lamborghini's.

I'm sure that there are a few supercar owners in the Twin City area and I'm hoping to find someone who would be willing to take her for a short ride in your car. Her dream is to grow up to be a test driver for Lamborghini. I give her a lot of credit for thinking big! All she ever talks about are Bugatti's, Ferrari's, Maserati's, Lambos, you name it.

I'm a single father of limited means and this would be an early Christmas present for her.

If you would be willing to share your achievements for a few minutes with a very special young lady, you would provide her the gift of a lifetime.

Thank you.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope someone grants that girls wish. its not everyday someone get to live their dream. Hope a LP member helps out and make this happen.

I was going to let them know if they were ever in LA i'd do it but I got to thinking the same thing. Is it legit. Bummer that there are so many shysters about that you even need to consider this.

i hope its real

If it were a scam (which i hope not and highly doubt) what could the guy be trying to scam? Email addresses?

Get you to show up and pull a gun on you and make you drive him to your place and then kill you and steal all your shit for one.

Hopefully though it's legit.

As far as the whole scam thing goes: if anybody decides to do this, bring your piece. I'd do it in a heartbeat if the circumstances were right. I'd also be bringing my Glock- nobody's taking my shit

Probably done with Cars & Coffee for the season, unfortunately. I know we just had our in Michigan. Really good idea though due to both the safety factor and that the girl would see even more cool cars.

Hope that it is legit and that someone can make it happen!

^^ That would be cool if the willing member travels with a few friends. Imagine the child's reaction !!....and that way there would be company (security) for the ride there and back.

Here is the reply I got. Sounds legit to me.

Mr. XXX,

I’m touched and humbled by your offer, thank you.

Maddy’s all-time favorite is the Lamborghini. I just got her a poster for her room. She can tell you all about the different models and can also tell you all about the man who is the current chief test-driver as well.

She recently got to ride in a Corvette for a parade but she loves all the supercar types. I guess the other type she mentions the most is the Bugatti Veyron. We live about 50 minutes from St. Paul but would be willing to drive anywhere to make this work for you on your schedule.

Again, thank you for considering this and I look forward to hearing from you.

God Bless.

Richard XXX

Mr. XXX,

Maddy’s all-time favorite is the Lamborghini. I just got her a poster for her room. She can tell you all about the different models and can also tell you all about the man who is the current chief test-driver as well.

She recently got to ride in a Corvette for a parade but she loves all the supercar types. I guess the other type she mentions the most is the Bugatti Veyron. We live about 50 minutes from St. Paul but would be willing to drive anywhere to make this work for you on your schedule.

Again, thank you for considering this and I look forward to hearing from you.

God Bless.

Richard XXX

How is this evidence that it is real? This is basically the same exact info the ad shows.

In the current state of things, I would definitely advise taking additional precautions.

Well he isn't scamming emails as he would have no reason to reply to me, right? He included his phone #, which I am happy to provide to any interested parties.

Mr. XXX,

Is this you?

vin-diesel-stupid.jpg

Tell him that a couple of the local news stations are interested in running the story so you'll be meeting him with camera crews.

Tell him that a couple of the local news stations are interested in running the story so you'll be meeting him with camera crews.

That's a good idea.