Autistic Girl Would Like a Ride in a Supercar

EpDarks

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, many thanks to all who were involved. It was a magical event. Maddy couldn't wait to get to school on Monday wearing her AutoMotorPlex jacket. Several of the teachers actually showed the news clips in class.

This has been a wonderful experience which has helped show both my kids that they really can accomplish anything.

Have a great day everyone!

That's awesome! Glad to see it worked out!

I uploaded a video to YouTube that I filmed if anyone would like to see.

It's Maddy returning in a Murceilago and then leaving in a Ferrari.

Have a great day!

Again, many thanks to all who were involved. It was a magical event. Maddy couldn't wait to get to school on Monday wearing her AutoMotorPlex jacket. Several of the teachers actually showed the news clips in class.

This has been a wonderful experience which has helped show both my kids that they really can accomplish anything.

Have a great day everyone!

Have a great day!

Awesome awesome awesome! That's such a neat video! I love the chase vehicles!

Have a great day!

Awesome video. Just curious... what was Maddy's favorite car she rode in?

So i told Andrew, Lamborghini Club America president about Maddy and the story and he quickly jumped onboard to help out how he could from Michigan.

Check out the pictures he sent me of the care package he sent Maddy!

Included:

A couple issues of the club magazine, a brand-new-for-2012 carbon fiber membership card, and a die-cast Diablo signed by none-other than the man himself. Valentino Balboni!

Check out the pictures below.

Special_Welcome_Package_for_new_2012_Member__1_.JPG

Special_Welcome_Package_for_new_2012_Member__2_.JPG

Valentino_Autographing_the_Diablo_1.jpg

I talked to Maddy's dad Richard, she got the box, but had to finish her homework before the Lamborghini labeled box was opened! :lol2:

She was super-excited about it and loved all of it.

I honestly can't say enough good things about everyone involved here. And to think this whole deal started from a craigslist ad and a thread on the best site on the web. Nice work guys!!!

Thread IMO, is LP Gold status so if no one has any objections this will be moved to the vault next week.

Stirling work from those involved and really heart warming.

So i told Andrew, Lamborghini Club America president about Maddy and the story and he quickly jumped onboard to help out how he could from Michigan.

Check out the pictures he sent me of the care package he sent Maddy!

Included:

A couple issues of the club magazine, a brand-new-for-2012 carbon fiber membership card, and a die-cast Diablo signed by none-other than the man himself. Valentino Balboni!

Check out the pictures below.

I talked to Maddy's dad Richard, she got the box, but had to finish her homework before the Lamborghini labeled box was opened! :lol2:

She was super-excited about it and loved all of it.

I honestly can't say enough good things about everyone involved here. And to think this whole deal started from a craigslist ad and a thread on the best site on the web. Nice work guys!!!

Wow this is excellent!!

That's quite the package. The model alone is worth upwards of 100 bucks without the signature. That particular color and model is very very rare. The only one on ebay right now is at $200 right now.

This is above and beyond by a mile! Great job pulling this together! Brings a smile to my face every time i look at this thread.

Over the years on this forum, I have seen some generous things from people on here. Things that you would never see done on any other forum, especially a car forum. But this whole thing has turned in to amazing, what Scotty had started and got done for Maddy and her family started out as great, and it has only become amazing from there.

To all involved, seeing what has been done for this family, makes my life better. Because it gives me some faith in the people in this world, that there are not just some decent people, but some really great people that put their own life and wants aside and make time to do something for someone that they don't even know.

Again, to all involved, Thank you.

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :notworthy: :headbang: :headbang:

• 1 month later...
Guest SP_Lotta Murci
Hello All,

An article about my daughter's special day appeared in the January 9th issue of Autoweek. I've attached a pdf copy of the article if anyone is interested.

Happy New Year to all.

-Rich.

Very difficult to read but already know the story from members here. Glad everything worked out well Rich. :icon_thumleft:

• 3 weeks later...