SV-N-IT

CGT, SLR Roadster, Mclaren?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. which car?

• CGT
    • Mclaren
    • SLR Roadster
    • Other

i need help deciding on a new car. i love a open top exotic and i really wanted a LP700 roadster but they wont be available for a few years :(

so i need something to hold me over for a couple of years without getting crushed on resale.

pleae help me decide. i can get a good deal on the new mclaren (but its a hard top). if you know of any other cars please let me know.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the CGT is a no brainer, SLR 722 next. Ease of driving SLR over CGT as CGT is definitely not a daily driver.

i love a open top exotic, something to hold me over for a couple of years without getting crushed on resale.

You answered your own question, CGT.

CGT is probably safest on the resale side, but will be a challenging DD. SLR Vert is as drivable as any other benz and god damn do they look good! Partial to black with red interior myself :D

A Gremlin would work wouldn't it?

The CGT. Great car with CF chassis which makes it stiff and very responsive. Also the prices are right. The problem is once you own it it will be hard to part with.

SLR Roadster, RENNtech can get that thing really moving for you....

F458 Spider?

Performante while waiting for an Aventador?

SLR Roadster, RENNtech can get that thing really moving for you....

F458 Spider?

Performante while waiting for an Aventador?

I would do the CGT first. Best bet for resale but when you consider cost of ownership it could bite you a bit. The SLR in any variant will give you similar resale performance and with Renntech being right down the road from your house, upgrading it would be an easy proposition. New McLaren is a hedge. I don't know that you come out on top on that one since I am reasonably sure you will have to at least pay sticker to get an early car.

performante is to close to what i had

458 spider wont be available for a few months and are close to 400k w/overage (not worth it IMO)

i love the mclaren but im not crazy about looks and fixed roof

im thinking either CGT or SLR roadster.

what worries me about CGT is miles have to stay down, no luggage space, no front lift

" " " SLR maybe a little to practical, lack of driver involvement, to mercedes like

im going to try and drive both this weekend and ill post my thoughts.

thanks for your input!

I would do the CGT first. Best bet for resale but when you consider cost of ownership it could bite you a bit. The SLR in any variant will give you similar resale performance and with Renntech being right down the road from your house, upgrading it would be an easy proposition. New McLaren is a hedge. I don't know that you come out on top on that one since I am reasonably sure you will have to at least pay sticker to get an early car.

good point. sticker on the new mclaren. (2 years later might get ugly)

i need help deciding on a new car. i love a open top exotic and i really wanted a LP700 roadster but they wont be available for a few years :(

so i need something to hold me over for a couple of years without getting crushed on resale.

pleae help me decide. i can get a good deal on the new mclaren (but its a hard top). if you know of any other cars please let me know.

Will cut you a great Deal on this car I have..FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48 USA States!

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/1317/vehicl...P640%20Roadster

post-23696-1321645122.jpg

Not a week goes by where I dont miss my SLR Renntech coupe. The verts are nice, but the manual involvment with the top is a deal breaker for me. Knowing what little I know about you from this forum, I dont think you would be happy with the SLR honestly (for the reasons you stated).

i would buy that LP roadster in a second but knowing the Aventador is out would always be in the back of my mind.

renntech is 30min away, but so is Champion lol