automatic car washes

whiteout

Between the 1-5th gear burnouts, rear wheel drive drifts and automatic car washes.. You have made a great argument for PPI's ;) haha

It's the best way to clean the underbody and spray off the car (touchless wash) before a hand wash. Unfortunately, to get underbody spray, it has to have all the other BS sprayed on it.

All PPI would find the only thing wrong with the car being the air bag light waiting to be reset. . . and it no longer is AWD. None of the things I do to the car have significant driveline shock, so the stress levels of the driveline are low in comparison to many insignificant driving habits people have, which are hard to spot unless you ride with them.

Nick

most car wash have to recycle the water...typically-> not really clean water with all the grime/oil etc from other cars that are put onto your car's paint. that's the problem.

What's wrong with automatic touch less washes? I go through them in the G all the time

How did those wide ass wheels track in the roller mechanism? You are certifiably insane taking a murci in one of those. You should have videod it just for the noteriety.

How did those wide ass wheels track in the roller mechanism? You are certifiably insane taking a murci in one of those. You should have videod it just for the noteriety.

I wondered about this too. Between the wide rear tires and the low clearance I'd be double checking everything before pulling

onto the track.

I've NEVER taken one of our "good" cars to an automated wash - but of course we don't drive them in the winter.

I can appreciate the desire to get salt off the underside.

What about one of those washes where you spray it yourself with a high pressure wand?

Good for you for driving it!!

There is none. Flat ground to a sensor, then the wash arm goes around the vehicle. It would not fit in or over a track.

Nick

There is none. Flat ground to a sensor, then the wash arm goes around the vehicle. It would not fit in or over a track.

Nick

We have a bunch of these in L.A., see all types of cars going through them. Its great for a quick wash down

Still wouldnt an excessive amount of soap and water get in the engine bay? I always cover mine with a towel when i hand wash the car.

most car wash have to recycle the water...typically-> not really clean water with all the grime/oil etc from other cars that are put onto your car's paint. that's the problem.

The "water" usually strips away any sort of wax or sealer for that very reason. It's so loaded with containments it's not even funny. But it looks good :)

Still wouldnt an excessive amount of soap and water get in the engine bay? I always cover mine with a towel when i hand wash the car.

The engine bay can get wet. When I hand wash the car, the engine bay usually gets cleaned. When it rains, the engine bay gets soaked.

Nick

I did it a couple times with my Murcies. The biggest issue was water between the deck vents down past the coil to the plugs. It didn't throw a code but I was definitely misfiring.

Go outside... You see that thing attached to the house? It's rolled up in some odd, plastic container (probably)? Drag it to your car. You know that thing to the right of the container on your house? Turn it to the left.

Now aim towards your car. There ya go.

:icon_mrgreen:

The engine bay can get wet. When I hand wash the car, the engine bay usually gets cleaned. When it rains, the engine bay gets soaked.

Nick

Yeah I figured the bay can get wet. More so would be worried about all the pressureized water/soap going in the bay. But hey more power to you! At least you are driving the car! You still up in MI?

Go outside... You see that thing attached to the house? It's rolled up in some odd, plastic container (probably)? Drag it to your car. You know that thing to the right of the container on your house? Turn it to the left.

Now aim towards your car. There ya go.

:icon_mrgreen:

Not all of us live in a stand alone house. . . or have a yard . . . or a single car/family garage.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Car washes are for Prius drivers and soccer mom vans ONLY!

I never had an issue with my Viper ACR or H1 in the well kept car washes. In Michigan, underbody wash is a requirement this time of year.

Yeah I figured the bay can get wet. More so would be worried about all the pressureized water/soap going in the bay. But hey more power to you! At least you are driving the car! You still up in MI?

It really gets deflected well. But the engine bay usually does get quite wet and lots of steam in the temps around here with the hot water.

Yeah, I'm still in MI. Going to be here for a while. :/

Nick

I guess the next thing in high end detailing is to have a lift to manually wash the underside. :icon_mrgreen:

Just a lift in general would be outstanding.

Where in MI are you at, Nick?

Lansing.

Nick