Facebook to sink?

capt_chaos

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The singular measuring stick is the one in the middle of $"

The sausage quote is good but that is fcuking genius

Facebook is a $15 stock. If that. They depend on advertising for revenue. Advertisers are hoping people who click the ads will make purchases. But people don't go do Facebook to shop. It's a place people go to and look around and leave. It's like going to the zoo. You go there to look around and leave. You don't go there with intent on buying anything. The ads on Facebook are getting clicks, but not converting. Advertisers are already starting to bail. Facebook is the next MySpace. When the novelty of FB gets old, it's users will stop returning. When they stop returning or move on to the next cool site, Facebook is dead meat.

Facebook is a $15 stock. If that. They depend on advertising for revenue. Advertisers are hoping people who click the ads will make purchases. But people don't go do Facebook to shop. It's a place people go to and look around and leave. It's like going to the zoo. You go there to look around and leave. You don't go there with intent on buying anything. The ads on Facebook are getting clicks, but not converting. Advertisers are already starting to bail. Facebook is the next MySpace. When the novelty of FB gets old, it's users will stop returning. When they stop returning or move on to the next cool site, Facebook is dead meat.

idk where you get your information, I work primarily with Facebook ads, and I see hundreds of thousands of conversions daily across a few companies I work with, I can only imagine how many conversions they are making, tens of Millions a day easily, Games, dating sites, daily deals go CRAZY on FB ( and thats just to name a few.)

^^^Horse shit!

"Carole Parker tried to buy 400 shares of Facebook last week through her Fidelity account, ended up with 800, and is now waiting to find out who'll make good on her $3,400 loss.".

Let's hope this is not what it's becoming!

Ive heard this story DOZENS of times now.... People getting TWICE as many shares as they ordered... People THINKING they were out, only to find their sales didnt go through at the prices they thought or at all.... And now out of some miraculous technical glitch that benefits the brokers, the clients are underwater by 20% before they ever knew they owned the fcuking thing.

This is a total fcuking scam.

IPOs have risk... The risk that the stock may not go up as much as you had hoped... Or it may go down and you may have to sell at a loss... Everybody knows and accepts that risk...

The risk that you may not be able to sell your shares for 5 days, or may get saddled with shares you never wanted in the first place shouldn't be among the risk of ANY stock trade made through a broker. EVER.

Theyre already talking about the damage this fiasco has done to retail investor confidence. Retail investors were just starting to come back to the market after the 08 meltdown. And for many fb was their coming out party. This fucked all that.

This is the FUNDAMENTAL PURPOSE of a stock market.... If you are UNABLE to perform the basic function of facilitating the buying and selling of securities, what in the fcuk do you exist for?

Does the way this IPO went have any effect on Facebook in the long term? It seems like this is great for FB because they sold their stock for more than it was worth, as dictated by the market. If its not good for Facebook, I think it surely is great for the investors who sold, because they made their money and don't have to deal with any long term negativity.

The bad thing for Zuck is that he didn't sell more stock at that price.

Does the way this IPO went have any effect on Facebook in the long term? It seems like this is great for FB because they sold their stock for more than it was worth, as dictated by the market. If its not good for Facebook, I think it surely is great for the investors who sold, because they made their money and don't have to deal with any long term negativity.

The bad thing for Zuck is that he didn't sell more stock at that price.

The company is now sitting on a huge pile of cash that will greatly help them grow their profitability.

The stock has only been issued for less than a week.... Judging long term value of the company by one weeks performance in the stock price is not possible. It LOOKS like its established a bottom in the 30- 31 range... and is trading in the 32-33 range now. Thats not THAT far off the IPO price of 38, and its very likely the stock will at some point surpass that price, esocially if they can address the streets concerns re revenue. etc.

I am lost, what's this a picture of?

A boat, some water, and no less than 3 people.

I was always good at these picture guessing games as a kid.

on a boat

Don't try and take credit for guessing there's a boat in the picture, we all know I already solved that.

:rant:

A boat, some water, and no less than 3 people.

I was always good at these picture guessing games as a kid.

126f59ae_8231_4e12_8ceb_58b44c7e3012.jpg

I am 100% certain that they will start charging big $$ for business pages. There is no other place on the Internet where businesses can connect to their customers like Facebook. Most businesses are now sending their customers to their Facebook page, not their main website. Facebook can basically take any amount of money they want for this service. Take a fee per like, per message they send out etc. The system has to be customizable so businesses that use their page mainly for support don't get charged the same as other businesses that use it to promote new products or services. Facebook businesses pages are prefect for advertising. They are telling customers who are already interested in their products/services about new products/services. It will be fun to see how much money they will make from this because they have A LONG road ahead before their earnings are doing what they should considering the price of the stock. EPS is SHIT for FB, so they need new ideas to make good profits FAST for this thing to float.

http://gizmodo.com/5914226/facebooks-pay+t...ure-has-arrived There we go :)

Facebook offers no product,, and no service. It's no McDonalds, IBM or Google. It's users have no reason to stay. It's just a trendy chatroom. Trends on the internet can change faster than the direction of a fly. I think Facebook has already hit it's peak.

I wouldn't touch it. Stock will tank as it's users get bored of it and go elsewhere. Looks at MySpace. It's users have all fled to Facebook. And one day they will all flee Facebook and go somewhere else. Facebook is the flavor of the week.

good observation. but FB not yet in its peak. it is just starting. we don't know what will be the next plan of Mr Zuckerberg. he might improve more and people cannot escape in world of facebook or else if you have plan to....