Fisker Karma

kinnsella

Saw on something today that Beebers manager bought him one for his 18th birthday. He had to go through the motions when he saw it but he was probably thinking WTF. Wonder what the battery replacement cost is.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karma makes no sense. The car is utter crap in every way except exterior design. I looked at the welds from under it, it looked worse than my first time welding a water heater. I predict the company will go under.

The Tesla S seems to be the best of electric. With about a 200mi range, an extended range engine isn't necessary. It's lighter and the quality is decent.

I would lease Volt instead of owning since the weak battery will likely go bad much faster than Tesla's. Once the warranty is up, the car would tank in value. Daily charging just means shorten lifespan.

Leaf is a toy. With a short range and no ranger extender, i think it's only good around town.

I saw one the other night at sunset plaza. It looked nice, but now seeing a month's worth of breakdowns and recalls, it seems their drivetrain is a huge clusterfuck. I have to say, you need to get it at the correct angle for viewwing otherwise ot is ugly as a mud fence. The driver of the car told me that pulling up to an intersection with someone in a turn lane next to him is a huge disadvantage, he didn't feel too comfortable about it.

I saw one the other night at sunset plaza. It looked nice, but now seeing a month's worth of breakdowns and recalls, it seems their drivetrain is a huge clusterfuck. I have to say, you need to get it at the correct angle for viewwing otherwise ot is ugly as a mud fence. The driver of the car told me that pulling up to an intersection with someone in a turn lane next to him is a huge disadvantage, he didn't feel too comfortable about it.

what's the disadvantage?....I noticed when I drove it since you sit so far back it was hard to site it in the corners. The hood is e type long.

Huge piece of shit. Terrible fuel economy considering what it is, shit performance for what it is, a questionable interior, and an OK exterior. I predict Fisker with be gone in 2-3 years when they can't turn a profit and lose all funding.

Huge piece of shit. Terrible fuel economy considering what it is, shit performance for what it is, a questionable interior, and an OK exterior. I predict Fisker with be gone in 2-3 years when they can't turn a profit and lose all funding.

I think the people handling their government funding know this as well seeing as they have only given them $200 mil out of the promised $545 and are waiting to release anymore. Fisker has already been laying off employees. Shame,I had high hopes for this car.

I gotta say when this car first came out i thought it looked like a whale shark (kinda ugly) but man has it grown on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw quite a few of these at the dealer and they looked atrocious. The front end doesn't flow very well, the car is f*cking huge to the extent that it's obscene and the finish under the hood and anywhere that needed to actually be engineered did not impress. Also on the topic of electric/hybrid vehicles. The Volt sucks balls. It doesn't have nearly enough range as an EV, nor is the mileage when on the gas motor impressive at all. In addition, the batteries do not have nearly enough energy density and are friggin expensive as hell to replace. Cycle life isn't great either. A M5 is a great car to have. Many people want one car they can do everything with, and that is exactly what the M5 represents.

I spent an hour with a Karma the other day, I was really impressed. As far as people commenting about shitty build quality, let's not forget that its built by the same company that builds boxters and caymans for Porsche. IMO from the brief time I spent with the car, it's well worth the $100kish price tag

I spent an hour with a Karma the other day, I was really impressed. As far as people commenting about shitty build quality, let's not forget that its built by the same company that builds boxters and caymans for Porsche. IMO from the brief time I spent with the car, it's well worth the $100kish price tag

Last time I drove a Boxster, I thought the build quality was pretty iffy too. The car creaked and rattled, the interior panel fit was inconsistent. It had an air leak around the windshield. Admittedly it was a first gen car.

Last time I drove a Boxster, I thought the build quality was pretty iffy too. The car creaked and rattled, the interior panel fit was inconsistent. It had an air leak around the windshield. Admittedly it was a first gen car.

This.....

The only viable electric car is the Tesla. I give kudos to them for setting up the standard in green motoring. As for others, they are years behind.

From a distance thought it looked cool so went to check it out and instantly lost interest because the first thing i noticed is if you

look through the front grille you can see a foam bumper !!!! wtf? it was painted black but looked cheap and i'm sure will deform and degrade quickly as you wash the car or get stuck driving in the rain.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Moss

Starting to see the Fisker on the road now. I really love the style. In its own way the silence is stealth!