B-J Exotic & Luxury Car Insurance - GREAT FIND

Andrew R.

I think my policy on the Diablo and Porsche is around 1500yr..

Does that cover it in Poland..??

You know..whjere they make those Kit Car Diablo SV units...

Not that I have an exotic, but I just switched from Allstate to Mercury, and am saving $2,000++ a year! Payments went down to $166/month from almost $350/month.

After seeing what a difference this can make, I am going to shop around more frequently.

Why do you carry a zero deductible?

Honestly, I started with my company when I

Bought my first G back in 07 and other than calling

When the cars where upgraded, I never thought twice

About raising the deductible. Probably worth a call!

Honestly, I started with my company when I

Bought my first G back in 07 and other than calling

When the cars where upgraded, I never thought twice

About raising the deductible. Probably worth a call!

I carry a 1000 dollar deductible. My thought is that insurance to me is really for things that are going to cost in excess of 2000 dollars and mainly there for things that could be 10k or more. The rates are significantly lower with a higher deductible and given that if you do make a claim on insurance they'll raise your rates and if you try to shop around you'll have that on your record.

In the long run the small risk of 1000 dollars out of pocket is offset by my cost savings of annual insurance given that I havent' had any 1000 dollar or less expense that I would have claimed anyway.

If that makes sense. I don't know if what just typed is clear.

My quote for exact same coverage as my current policy with Condon & Skelly was $800 more per year.

I just got a quote from Condon and Shelly, they were $410 a year less than TDC Risk Management with similar coverages and a $1,000 deductible. Anybody have any experience with these guys? I am considering switching.

Are you guys asking for agreed value insurance? That is what I carry on my TT SL. Much better than stated value as if an issue arises with stated value you will be left arguing about the value of your car.

Peter

• 5 months later...

Got my Diablo covered for $600/yr...couldn't believe it. That was half of our minivan's premium! They also wanted my wife & I to each have our own DD. Thanks Andrew for the referral!!! Now, if only I could get to actually drive my lambo, that would be even better :aiwebs_003:

I tried years ago through barret to get a quote, couldn't get one if you had more than 1 ticket in 5 years or so.

Went with all state for the diablo and cgt with 1mill coverage. Both cars was like $500 a month, but as I need to drive a truck I just suspend coverage (except comp) and make a 2minute call on fri to add full coverage on the weekend and take it off Monday. Spend about $200/month that way.

I was paying about 1640 a year for the Diablo with USAA with a $1000 deductible. Amy got me 1280 for the year with a $0 deductible and $85k agreed value. I would have gladly done a $1k deductible still but there was some issue with doing that in Virginia for them. Still a much better deal even factoring in the increase on my DD since I lose my multi-car discount.

• 1 month later...

I called with the impression I would get a great rate, but that was not the case. Insuring a 2001 Diablo 6.0:

B&J - $150k agreed value, 3k miles per year limit, only wife and I can drive the car

State Farm – Market Value, unlimited mileage, anyone I allow can drive the car

The uninsured, liabilities, and bodily injury amounts for B&J were roughly half that of what State Farm was offering. Even if I moved our house, cars, and umbrella policies I would not get discounts on the Diablo.

State Farm = $1500/year

B&J = $2400/year

I am not sure why there is such a large difference in rates and coverage. I have been with State Farm for 15 years and have multiple discounts, so maybe that is why.

I even asked for the Roy discount and stated I bought a car from Cats Exotics, lol!

I tried years ago through barret to get a quote, couldn't get one if you had more than 1 ticket in 5 years or so.

Went with all state for the diablo and cgt with 1mill coverage. Both cars was like $500 a month, but as I need to drive a truck I just suspend coverage (except comp) and make a 2minute call on fri to add full coverage on the weekend and take it off Monday. Spend about $200/month that way.

LOL. What did this guy do wrong?