The ballers of George Washington University

Smash Boy

http://jalopnik.com/5887011/these-are-the-...-students-drive

Students at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. don't just complain about easy grades, they also drive cars so nice you'd think their campus was the parking lot of the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai. In the photo composite above is about $1.2 million worth of automobiles allegedly belonging to college students.

Do your best not to hate them.

There will always be haves and have-nots at any college, but the selection of cars cataloged by the new Tumblr account The Cars Of The George Washington University is slightly ridiculous.

The five cars collected above include a Mercedes SLS AMG ($183,000), a McLaren SLR McLaren 722 S Roadster ($548,000), a Ferrari 575 Superamerica ($320,000), an Audi R8 V10 Spyder ($165,000) and a BMW X5 M in the background ($87,250). And all that's assuming the buyers didn't pay a lot of money for extras.

Not only are these cars expensive, they're also extremely rare. There were only 559 of the Ferraris sold worldwide and just 150 of the SLR 722 S Roadsters.

Flaunting your exotic car is all part of the scene at GWU according to BroBible:

The biggest day to show off your ride at GWU is on Thursday. There are no parties on campus, so the student body hits the three nearby night clubs: Josephine, Shadowroom, and Opera, "where these kids go every week and each spend between $200-$5,000 a night three days a week on table service and bottles." Acccording to our tipster, these clubs boast the campus's craziest car line up, "where they pay $40 to valet the cars in front."

It shouldn't be that big of a surprise given that tuition is $44,103 with an additional $14,000 or so in room/board and other costs.

The GWU Cars website has only been up since February 16th and there are already three pages full of cars that would stand out in a country club parking lot.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL haters in the comments. Me and GBGallardo both drove various exotics to school at Full Sail.

Word...wtf

"why are they in college if they have money"?

Are. You. Serious.

LOL haters in the comments. Me and GBGallardo both drove various exotics to school at Full Sail.

Dwiggs drove his Murci to school too.

GoldFerrari.jpg

10 of the top 15 richest counties in the nation are northern virginia suburbs. definitely a lot of money in the area.

That is surprising.

How many of them are populated by politicians lol

10 of the top 15 richest counties in the nation are northern virginia suburbs. definitely a lot of money in the area.

The reason why is that all the Washington D.C politicians live in those counties. HAHA the top 1 percent they keep talking about. Our taxes as "normal rich people" will go up while they don't even file returns half the time.

Something seems a bit silly to me about driving an SLR722 Roadster as your vehicle on campus. Sure they may have the money, but who honestly wants to park cars like that on a college campus? God knows everything gets fucked up on a college campus. I guess if you have the money though, why the fcuk not. Some of those cars though just seem strange for college kids to want unless they are die hard enthusiasts. The average person would never decide an SLR722 Roadster over a standard SLR. Seeing as they would never know the difference.

They're cars, they're meant to be driven, and despite how these kids got them they should be able to enjoy them.

The bottom line is that if I ask myself what car I would drive around if I were the last person alive on Earth in some "I Am Legend" scenario and there was no one left to impress of flaunt to, it would still be an exotic...

Good for them.

The bottom line is that if I ask myself what car I would drive around if I were the last person alive on Earth in some "I Am Legend" scenario and there was no one left to impress of flaunt to, it would still be an exotic...

:iamwithstupid:

Something seems a bit silly to me about driving an SLR722 Roadster as your vehicle on campus. Sure they may have the money, but who honestly wants to park cars like that on a college campus? God knows everything gets fucked up on a college campus. I guess if you have the money though, why the fcuk not. Some of those cars though just seem strange for college kids to want unless they are die hard enthusiasts. The average person would never decide an SLR722 Roadster over a standard SLR. Seeing as they would never know the difference.

because son of billionaire...if you have more money than you can spend in many lifetimes why the f not buy the 722?

They're cars, they're meant to be driven, and despite how these kids got them they should be able to enjoy them.

Good for them.

As usual, well said.

If that is true, those kids are not true enthusiasts because ive never seen those cars at Cars and Coffee

You have to go to cars and coffee to be an enthusiast?

I don't go to cars and coffee...

1. It's way too early.

2. It's always on a Sunday, which means I was probably out clubbing the night before.

3. Sunday is my sleep in, play video games and watch movies day.

4. I don't drink coffee :)

1. It's way too early.

2. It's always on a Sunday, which means I was probably out clubbing the night before.

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure Chapstick was kidding.

1. It's way too early.

I have to agree with this one. I've never been to one. I always say "I will go to next month's event" and I never do. Too damn early!

Actually, now that I think about it, fcuk driving one of those cars to school.

The smart rich kids have drivers. No car in the world would make parking at college worth it. Finding a parking spot in college sucked balls unless you got there super early, even worse if your class wasn't near a parking lot and it was winter or raining or both.

Honda civic with a chauffeur >> SLR.

Actually, now that I think about it, fcuk driving one of those cars to school.

The smart rich kids have drivers. No car in the world would make parking at college worth it. Finding a parking spot in college sucked balls unless you got there super early, even worse if your class wasn't near a parking lot and it was winter or raining or both.

Honda civic with a chauffeur >> SLR.

Nope. Just bought a President's Club parking pass and I parked right out front of every single building I wanted.

Nope. Just bought a President's Club parking pass and I parked right out front of every single building I wanted.

:lol2: - most schools don't have a "president's club" for parking

I think in Toronto my cousin has seen exotics and supercars at the University of Toronto downtown campus...here in Ottawa, the most I've seen is a Dodge Viper GTS, BMW M6 and a red Nissan GTR (It has an 800hp Package). Although at the other University, I believe there were a few more exotics and whatnot.

I think in Toronto my cousin has seen exotics and supercars at the University of Toronto downtown campus...here in Ottawa, the most I've seen is a Dodge Viper GTS, BMW M6 and a red Nissan GTR (It has an 800hp Package). Although at the other University, I believe there were a few more exotics and whatnot.

I went to Ottawa U, you never noticed my 1990 Z-24? Seriously?

It was Ferrari red. Well, not Ferrari red, but Cavalier Z-24 red. I didn't get a Presidents Parking pass though, I just parked with the commoners.