Feds in LA seize upscale cars bound for Asia

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was aware of this investigation as well as the turning around of the ship. I was contacted by the CHP in regards to a car, Lamborghini Murcie Roadster that I sold to a Chinese National a few months back.

The sale was recorded and all legal, we reported the CASH transaction of over $10K in US Funds to the IRS etc etc..as required when CASH payment is made by a Non-Resident.

To make a long story short, not only had they de-frauded some Dealers and Banks..but when they truely BOUGHT a car, as mine...they then turned around and placed insurance on the car rapidly. With in a few weeks, once the car was locked away in the container for outbound shipment and had passed Custom's..they claimed the car stolen and were re-payed via the insurance claim with the insurance company. Getting re-payed and a car for FREE which in turn was sold over seas.

I do know that the previous owners, either banks, Dealers or Insurance Companys that paid out, will have the first right of buyback on these cars prior to any Federal US Goverment Auction.

I can also say, that a person we all know, .is probably going to be arrested shortly. BUT I think he knows that. I would not be suprised if he fled the Country prior to the arrest warrant being issued, which from my sources, is coming down with in the 72 hours.

A shame that people need to get "Money Greedy" and do these things...in the end, one way or another always ends up bad.

I can also say, that a person we all know, .is probably going to be arrested shortly. BUT I think he knows that. I would not be suprised if he fled the Country prior to the arrest warrant being issued, which from my sources, is coming down with in the 72 hours.

A shame that people need to get "Money Greedy" and do these things...in the end, one way or another always ends up bad.

If you are talking about the same person I am thinking of then yeah, I've been to his business AKA clubhouse.

An LP member in the US?

Well, it looks like my car just became famous! Like Roy, I was paid cash through a dealer in a completely documented sale--don't know how what happened from that point....

did someone make the mistake of talking with a police officer?

Cant understand this statement at all...are you advocating that "board" members should be involved in illegal activity..?

If so I feel sorry for your integrity and views on what is right and what is wrong...??

Chinese national? Guy we all know?? Why Alex!! WHY??!! :turboalex: :lol2:

Cant be Alex..he is a FAKE "China Man" he is way to tall LOL LOL

Well, it looks like my car just became famous! Like Roy, I was paid cash through a dealer in a completely documented sale--don't know how what happened from that point....

I do...and yes you are right

Old trick that has made people rich. And others behind bars.

There is a huge markup on luxury cars in china and other countries. You really need to be famous to get into one of these over there. Greed does not pay off.

I wish someone would make a show about this stuff, I find it interesting and entertaining.

If anyone knows a name of someone thats been nailed for this sort of thing Id like to "Bing" it.

Fire away

tCp90.gif

Chinese national? Guy we all know?? Why Alex!! WHY??!! :turboalex: :lol2:

i need the cash to STEP UP.......... :crybaby2:

If these cars are worth 2-3 times in China, Hong Kong, etc than they are in the US why didn't these people just legally buy and export these cars over there ? Are import duties really high out there ?

If these cars are worth 2-3 times in China, Hong Kong, etc than they are in the US why didn't these people just legally buy and export these cars over there ? Are import duties really high out there ?

very high import TAX............

Cant understand this statement at all...are you advocating that "board" members should be involved in illegal activity..?

If so I feel sorry for your integrity and views on what is right and what is wrong...??

I did not mean to come off as advocated illegal activity, i meant it in reference to this thread

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61434

very high import TAX............

there is a 200% import tax in many Asian countries--hence why the cars were labeled "used excercise equipment and printer cartridges".