How Did You Come Up With Your Screen Name?

Jpegs13

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was Chipster since my nickname and name I use for everything except signing official documents is Chip (most people don't even know my real first name lol). Chapstick is my Porterized name

Everyone who has posted in this thread is getting a name change.

Uh oh, are we going to have to communicate on LPower facebook page for a couple of days again?

:icon_mrgreen:

I was Topcarbon, which is the name of the model of my bike.

I have been named topcabron because ......welll, it's self explanatory

Edited that for you.

BWUK needs a new name. I think you should do the honors...

BrianWilson has been a happy go getting chap for quite some time now so I felt he needed something to reflect that, I thought who is famous and a happy go getter...

DickSimmons

I love 2 things a LOT: Supercars and military fighter jets. As a kid I went to car shows and airshows a ton, and I have always loved fighter-jet themed cars. So I wanted a name that captured the essence of those two loves...and thus Supercar Ace was born.

I got mine from trading in and out of too many cars and Vboxing each one of them to death. I probably need a new nick now, since I rarely use the Vbox anymore.

I got mine from trading in and out of too many cars and Vboxing each one of them to death. I probably need a new nick now, since I rarely use the Vbox anymore.

How about "VBOXno-more"

Everyone who has posted in this thread is getting a name change.

:lol2: nice :icon_thumleft:

Haha!

Funny part is I was looking at the bottom of the page where it says what users are viewing this thread and I'm thinking "what bozo got stuck with Taint Taster??"

:lol2:

Used to be a pretty hardcore greaser and had a deuce coupe, merc & bel-air. Everyone called me Deuce hence the nickname....

My posting nickname has actually been with me for some time - in many ways, it's good for me to relate the story again.

I qualified overseas, in Ireland, during which time I did a six-month stint on a Pediatric Oncology ward. Great place - staff were phenomenal, but often, the end results of our efforts ended with unbelievably sad outcomes, as one might expect.

We used to have a girl that was a frequent flyer. She was incredible. Although her outlook was dire, she was always the one who would take the other kids under her wing, and try and convince them that everything would be OK.

On one of her frequent admissions, I bought a little teddy bear from the hospital gift shop, and gave it to her. She named him "Padraig" (Irish for Patrick), and so, she started calling me "Dr. Teddy Bear". The name stuck for a bit, until her next admission, when she came in and was feeling pretty crap, with chemotherapy.

With my consultant's permission, I took her for a spin in my car at the time, a TT convertible (don't ask - it came to me by default). She LOVED it - she took Padraig along for the ride, and held him up over the windshield, giggling her a$$ off the whole time.

After that, she changed my nickname to "Dr. TTBear". The nickname stuck, and even now, when I go back to visit, the nursing staff call me that.

Siobhan passed away not that long after I left the hospital. Her parents tracked me down, and sent me Padraig about eight years ago. It had always been a great reminder of a fantastic kid. About three years ago, I had a patient, a little girl, also amazing in her resolve, and courage, who was having big time problems with her heart, having undergone a bazillion surgeries already. She was due to go in for another, and at one of her visits, she asked me if she really had to have the surgery (she did)(she was tired, and pretty well exhausted). I asked her to come back after lunch, and went home to get Padraig. It was a great new home for him. I told her the story of my nickname, and how brave Siobhan was. It seemed to help.

She's doing OK, as far as i know - the family moved, to be closer to a tertiary care centre, where her pediatric cardiologist resides.

I hope Padraig doesn't find his way back to me. That would be a tough one to take.

Sorry for being long-winded. I don't know how else to tell the story.