Saw Dark Knight Rises today

Allan-Herbie

Yep, Nolan's done and so is Bale. The money guys at Warners have green-lit 3 more batman films, so we'll probably see a whole new direction for the franchise kinda like with Spider-Man.

As a trilogy this is one of the best most complete ones ever, and all of these movies are on my top 10 all time list. I'm going to go see it again this weekend and I can't wait to pick it up on BluRay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Very hmmm.

Sound mixing was appalling, so to me the conversation between the two characters was terribly disjointed. It felt like someone added a naff voiceover to a silent film.

And the well thing, I understand the premise behind it but how disjointed and out of story was that location? Strange.

Hmmm. Very hmmm.

Sound mixing was appalling, so to me the conversation between the two characters was terribly disjointed. It felt like someone added a naff voiceover to a silent film.

And the well thing, I understand the premise behind it but how disjointed and out of story was that location? Strange.

Go back to bed.

You're not my type.

I thought the premise of the plot and the tweaks and twists were good but delivery failed to meet expectations of the last two which were not without fault but so far out of sight of the other Batman films it is crazy.

The "Bat" sucked, though I did laugh at the dunce that walked out of the cinema complaining about not getting the autopilot thing...

Hardy is a beast though!

OH and I saw it with a detective last night, the bit where the police come out of the tunnels, I said to her if that was real they would be clutching overtime forms.

I am totally shocked that anyone who appreciates how great the first two are can possibly say anything good about this abortion of a sequel. It is horrible! Don't smoke the bat pipe! The Dark Knight is an all time great movie. Rises is not anywhere near that level. sorry!

I am totally shocked that anyone who appreciates how great the first two are can possibly say anything good about this abortion of a sequel. It is horrible! Don't smoke the bat pipe! The Dark Knight is an all time great movie. Rises is not anywhere near that level. sorry!

I think that the second one was the worst. It was great until they used that sonar thing, it ruined the movie for me.

Agreed, Catwoman was superb otherwise ok movie.

Tom Hardy has agreed to battle it out with boxer David Haye to raise money for charity.

The Inception star will head into the boxing ring with Haye, nicknamed The Hayemaker, if fans donate to military charity Help for Heroes, The Prince's Trust, an organisation aimed at helping young people, Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Bowel & Cancer Research and homeless charity FLACK.

Haye told The Sun newspaper last week, "Me and Tom Hardy, that would be a good fight for sure. He has got in fantastic shape - he looks like an absolute tank. He can be my next opponent."

A seemingly nervous Hardy has now agreed to the match as long as the money goes to his desired good causes.

He jokingly tells the publication, "Hardy v Hayemaker? No problem. Let me take my make-up off first. I'll fight him as soon as I get back from the Congo with my mates if he wants. I've never fought a professional heavyweight, it'll be an experience. I would obviously prefer my first professional fight to be against someone in my weight category but hey-ho. Let's have it. We all know how this is going to end don't we... not good for Tommy. I'll have (boxers) Clay O'Shea as trainer and Joe Calzaghe on cuts in my corner."

I loved it... i loved the others also. I couldn't always understand everything Bain said so at times I was wishing for captions but i think they over did it with Batmans voice throughout the trilogy also. At times i thought it moved slower than the others BUT it had more of a story to tell to tie everything together which i think they did brilliantly. It left you wanting more and that's just what they wanted.

Finally saw it on Sat night after avoiding social media like the plague (very hard to do). Brilliant movie that ties in the previous 2 very well. I do agree with Cap though about the well (where is it? how did Bane get Bruce there so quickly and how did they get down there? how did Bane then leave again?), however it was still a very entertaining movie.

Nolan and Bale may have said no but if they throw enough money at them perhaps they'll both sign for another trilogy.

I was expecting the movie to suddenly end when Alfred was drinking his wine and then started to stare straight at the camera...that would have left the series wide open and movie fans to start speculating about "what Alfred saw in the cafe in France". A similar ending to Inception.

this was one of the most solid trilogies ever. i loved all three with the second movie being my favorite - attributed to heath ledger's performance. we can probably sit through the movie and nitpick details like how bane got out of the pit, why every police officer was on duty at the same time and all underground, how bruce wayne managed to heal his broken spine in 3 months after some guy with an accent whacked a vertebrae back in etc. etc. but in the end its a movie about a bat man...suspend your disbelief and enjoy the movie!

did anyone else have trouble at times understanding what the actors were saying? either it was too soft for the mics to pick up or it was too "distorted" (usually Bane in this case)

Nolan said "only 3 movies"

I would give my left nut for a 4th but I don't see that happening :(

Just saw it again tonight and it just gets better and better, I swear to you all, this is the best movie ever made!!!

Really?

I just felt it was a nice movie to watch, especially in a theater. Otherwise, didn't really see/feel the ingeniousness.

Saw it in IMAX when it opened, enjoyed it greatly.

The caveat though is that I had prepared myself prior to going in that this would be no where near the second one in terms of depth, quality, or satisfaction.

No third movie in a trilogy has come close to even matching a brilliant second film that preceded it, let alone surpassing it.

The second film in this particular trilogy is a true masterpiece, nearly flawless, and it stands alone in a way that Godfather II or Empire Strikes Back does within their respective trilogies. Which in other words means it was impossible to surpass. Nolan could make 20 more Batman films and the second film would still be difficult to overcome.

Funny enough, walking out of the theater after seeing the third one I thought hilariously that this was basically a thinking man's version of Rocky III...complete with Bane playing an intimidating Clubber Lang, and Alfred playing the Adrian role...and that's actually a compliment as I happen to love the cheesefest that is Rocky III!!! :lol2: :lol2:

I could nitpick some things, like Bane basically being neautered/pussified at the end in a very slowpoke/Megan Fox-way, meaning that after being such a dominant figure in the film the whole way, an unstoppable force of nature really, his girl basically says "yeah he did all this shit for me and I didn't even give him a hand job...bye buddy!" :eusa_wall:

I feel that took away from the character's singularly unstoppable drive or will to that point. Imagine the Joker from the second film in the same spot, basically reduced to being some broad's boy toy and you instantly realize how deflating that was in terms of taking all the power that they had built up in that character for the past 2 hours and reducing it to some high school devotion nonsense.

Catwoman was likewise hit or miss for me depending on the particular scene, in some portions of the film Hataway was excellent, better than I expected really, and in others a touch too cliche or a little too much paying service to comic fanboys with an over-the-top delivery.

Overall though I enjoyed it as I said at the top, it's a good movie, and one that I would likely rank beyond the first film in this trilogy if I had to split hairs.

"Get on the bus.

'..But...the nuke..'

Get back on the bus!!"

:D

:lol2: :lol2:

Oh that reminds me of something I missed in my mini-review, Hans Zimmer's score was absolutely incredible.

He took the brilliant work he did in the second film and added a new escalating portion that basically keeps climbing until you're about to have a goddamned heart attack towards the end of the crescendo...

Good stuff, need to go download that shit actually while it's on my mind.

I could nitpick some things, like Bane basically being neautered/pussified at the end in a very slowpoke/Megan Fox-way, meaning that after being such a dominant figure in the film the whole way, an unstoppable force of nature really, his girl basically says "yeah he did all this shit for me and I didn't even give him a hand job...bye buddy!" :eusa_wall:

First criticism I can agree with.. It really put a wrench in the momentum of his character he had been building the whole movie.

First criticism I can agree with.. It really put a wrench in the momentum of his character he had been building the whole movie.

Not only that (I also thought Banes death sucked) but Mako hit the head on my lifestory, I never get any handjobs :(

I want to add something to the non-loving crowd (except my usual "blow me" response) :icon_mrgreen: and that is the fact that I love Batman/Bruce Wayne as a person/hero. That amplifies my thoughts on that theese three are the greatest movies ever. We must also remind ourselves that this is a trilogy, all three movies must reviewed together and Nolan did an outstanding job on this! I can't wait to get it on Bluray so I can watch all three in a row in my Batcave and fap like there was no tomorrow!

I love all types of films, seen just about everything out there but the Batman I value, I love everything he stands for, he even drives Lambos God damnit?! I think Bale is awesome, everything he has done (except reigh of fire) is top notch! I have even met and taken a cup of coffe with Tom Hardy in person, awesome guy! Theese movies are simply brilliant, in every aspect.

And oh, salenumbers will prove that I am not alone..... :thefinger:

Come on, admit the well location is bollocks

HATER!!! Go watch the Olympics instead :icon_butt:

No it isn't, Begins proves them to be at the right place. Plus they perhaps wanted some nice weather :thefinger: