For the record, I'm still angry.

Roman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a tragic day....still remember exactly where I was when the planes hit. May all those who lost their lives RIP.

To prevent them from going to war with Israel. (I don't agree with this, but this is the agreed upon reason why).

RIP. I was in eighth grade when this happened. My retired AF officer German teacher sat us down and explained everything. The admin in the school wouldn't let any of the teachers show the kids TV footage. Needless to say I was angry, scared, and confused. I remember feeling hopeless and mad here in the middle of the Midwest - I cannot imagine how I'd feel living in NYC...

Israel has the best Air Force in the world, and is very capable of wiping Egypt off of the earth on their own.

On another note-Kane00 had the post of the day on Facebook today.

318436_271490716303427_659943087_n.jpg

RIP to all the lives lost that day and the soldiers who fought for a freedom.

Check out this incredible story.

Still hard to watch and it should never get easier...I still find myself yelling at the TV (or computer screen) while watching footage Ive seen dozens of times..."Get out of those towers and get away before they fall."

Devastating day. I left Boston the previous week on an early AA flight back to LA. We had 3 sales people in NYC we couldn't reach them for hours. Thankfully they all survived, though they lost friends and customers. It was awful.

R.I.P to all the victims and their families. I think it is a disgrace that in 2012 they finally passed the first responders extension for 58 more cancers last week. 11 years later wtf. Then Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeldt decide to invade Iraq and spend trillions of dollars chasing weapons of mass destruction that never existed. Oh that and getting 4000 plus Americans killed, tens of thousands wounded and 100,000's of thousands of Iraqi killed. Plus the carnage in Afghanistan.

Ultimately Bin Laden got what he wanted...makes me sick.

Neither country is stable and we have removed the counter balance to Iran and their nuclear aspirations.

I remind myself every year of what happened. An attack the likes of which we had never seen happening on US soil. I get chills and the emotions come back and they always will.

I was just a sophomore in high school in NE Ohio but I was terrified on that day. I'll never forget having to go outside for gym class. It was after the attacks were over - but no one truly knew that for sure yet. There was an eerie calm, it was an extremely quiet and clear afternoon. The FAA had issued the grounding of all flights hours before but I kept scanning the sky, honestly terrified that I would see an airliner. What an odd feeling to have and to explain.

I spent yesterday morning watching video of news coverage 'as it happened' on that day. About 2 hours worth of news footage straight.

I was fortunate that I did not lose anyone I knew and I wasn't in NY or DC, but I feel as connected to it as any American would on that day. RIP to the 9/11 victims. I know I'll never forget.

My neighbor was going to fly back on one of those flights.

So her family went to the airport to pick her up, but she never arrived. They thought she had died.

Only later did they find out that she was late getting to the airport and had missed her flight.

• 1 year later...

I probably have an hour of footage from the Flight 93 memorial that I took when I visited last summer. All the memorials and the plaques explaining what happened and the events leading up to the day. I wanted to share it online for those of you who can't make it to the memorial but I can't bring myself to edit it.

I'm w/ RD, still pissed. Each year it becomes more difficult to watch the Nat Geo special or coverage in general. God bless those who lost family, friends.

RIP to all that died, it hit a little harder for everybody who was in the tri-state area that day. For those of us that were there, it was one of the nicer NYC days (weather and skies) I could recall, which became completely irrelevant by 10 AM.

I have two last distinct memories of WTC. One was on Friday night 9/7 staring at the towers from the Brooklyn Heights promenade with the gf, and then looking at them driving over the Brooklyn Bridge the afternoon of 9/10.

Hopefully with the tower getting completed and the memorial there will be some level of closure to this, but it still pisses me off like others that this happened and how the world has changed as a result.

I've never seen it talked about here, and it probably makes some people feel a little uncomfortable but:

Some things definitely do not ADD UP on that day.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/09/15/take-picture

http://public.fotki.com/kostic/world_trade...on_the_world-4/

Article by the New Yorker about an electrician who liked to take pictures of the towers when he worked at night. Short but good read.

This past summer, Erik Nelson, a documentary filmmaker, was trying to finish cutting a film called “9/10: The Final Hours,” for the National Geographic Channel. He’d dug up all kinds of footage shot the day before the September 11th terrorist attacks, but very little of what the buildings had looked like inside. Amid a desperation for interiors, there was talk of abandoning the project. Then one of Nelson’s film researchers came across a trove of Petrov’s pictures, on an Estonian photo-sharing site called Fotki.

It makes me extremly sad when I look at some of pictures.

Just read the entire timeline on Wiki....I can still hear the shock in Charles Gibson and Dianne Sawyer's voice as they along with millions of us watched the 2nd plane hit the towers and we all collectively realized "this was not an accident, this was intentional!"

13 Years ago to the minute Flight 11 was hijacked and the first military operation carried out against US Citizens on US Soil since Pearl Harbor began. RIP to all the souls who perished on the planes, in the towers and the Pentagon, on the ground, as part of the rescue crews and as part of the miliatry operations against our foes.

World_Trade_Center,_New_York_City_-_aerial_view_(March_2001).jpg

1WTC-Jun2012-mainimg.jpg

John Ogonowski, who was the epitome of what this country is about, is one of two American Airlines pilots who got me into flying, aviation, and ultimately into designing weapon systems. fcuk everyone that doesn't like us.

RIP to all that died, it hit a little harder for everybody who was in the tri-state area that day. For those of us that were there, it was one of the nicer NYC days (weather and skies) I could recall, which became completely irrelevant by 10 AM.

I have two last distinct memories of WTC. One was on Friday night 9/7 staring at the towers from the Brooklyn Heights promenade with the gf, and then looking at them driving over the Brooklyn Bridge the afternoon of 9/10.

Hopefully with the tower getting completed and the memorial there will be some level of closure to this, but it still pisses me off like others that this happened and how the world has changed as a result.

I've never seen it talked about here, and it probably makes some people feel a little uncomfortable but:

Some things definitely do not ADD UP on that day.

Agreed 100%....I 'll go further.

I reject the official 911 report. we ended up with a police state and unimaginable level of surveillance and Trillions $$$ wasted on Wars and the Country is in far worse shape today then it was 13 years ago. I miss the REAL America I grew up in.

Thank you Eric for making this thread come back every year.

I have a habit of rewatching the news coverage each anniversary. I don't know if some will think that is crazy. I get chills every time and I tear up, but I do it to remember the day and remember those who were lost.

I'm still pissed, and I'll never forget.