I can now talk about my newest toy.

LPDADDY

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cars beautiful. Kind of crazy that RufMD over on Fchat just picked up the orange one of these recently. Crazy that 2 of the 6 changed hands so recently....

I have it on good authority that a third 220S has changed hands in the last couple months and is also on it's way to Canada (Calgary to be specific).

Fantastic!

Well the time had come that i needed to make a change. BMWRACER will be no more as my M1 procar is officially sold to one of my good friends who is an avid BMW collector and he is sending me his JAG220s as a partial trade. I have not seen the car except in pictures and cannot wait to get it here, which should happen in 2 to 3 weeks, as soon as we figure out the transportation logistics.

The XJ220s is basically a street version of the race car. TWR racing shed 700lbs off the XJ220, all CF bofy except the doors whih stay aluminim, thin race seats, bigger brakes that take care of the XJ220'S brakes issues and integrated front and rear spoilers. The V6 has been massaged to 700hp so it should be quite quick, even by modern standards. I am ecstatic.

Here is a pic of the car, will post more when i get it.

That pic belongs in the "Things that make you say DAMN!" thread. Amazing car.

absolutely love it!

...as i loved the M1...you have great taste in cars :eusa_whistle:

are those cars hard to mainataine? i found a darck blue regular 220 few years ago, the price was tempting but anyone was telling me they are VERY expensive to live with

absolutely love it!

...as i loved the M1...you have great taste in cars :eusa_whistle:

are those cars hard to mainataine? i found a darck blue regular 220 few years ago, the price was tempting but anyone was telling me they are VERY expensive to live with

Thank you Emilio. The good news is i still have an M1 and as far as the XJ220 being a lot to maintain, i have no idea, i will find out soon enough lol. It can't be worse than the SLR.

easily ranks as one of my all time favorite cars and when i was young one of the first cars I actually knew. Mark me envious, I hope you enjoy it greatly.

• 4 weeks later...
any updates? did you get it yet?

Should be here end of Nov or 1st week of Dec, just in time to mount snows on it.

Should be here end of Nov or 1st week of Dec, just in time to mount snows on it.

Serious??? SNOW TIRES???

Congratulations! Never seen one in person. It is sinister, aggressive, beautiful! Enjoy in the best of health!

Serious??? SNOW TIRES???

Congratulations! Never seen one in person. It is sinister, aggressive, beautiful! Enjoy in the best of health!

LOL

Of course i am not serious. It won't go up my driveway without lifting the front end.

Thank you.

LOL

Of course i am not serious. It won't go up my driveway without lifting the front end.

Thank you.

Guess I should have known that was a joke (but ya never know around here)

Putting on a nose lift system sounds like a great mod. I look forward to more pics and ownership updates once in your possession.

I like your refined taste in the cars you choose to own. Congrats! She is a beauty!

I've yet to see an XJ220 in person. It's one of those ultra-rare hypercars that few people ever see, even fewer get to drive one, and only a handful ever have the pleasure of owning.

LOL

Thank you.

Using KW's setup to lift the front?

I too have heard from 2nd hand accounts that there is pretty much only one supplier for XJ220 parts. A company based in Florida I believe..? Take that for what it is though as I've never owned one or know anyone who does. If true, it sounds like one shouldn't half-ass the decision to buy one of these.

Congratulations on the purchase!

I too have heard from 2nd hand accounts that there is pretty much only one supplier for XJ220 parts. A company based in Florida I believe..? Take that for what it is though as I've never owned one or know anyone who does. If true, it sounds like one shouldn't half-ass the decision to buy one of these.

Congratulations on the purchase!

The company you are thinking about is Don Law racing in the UK. Don law bought everything from Jag when Jag divested itself from the XJ220 and subsequently charges stupid $$$ for anything related to the car.

The company you are thinking about is Don Law racing in the UK. Don law bought everything from Jag when Jag divested itself from the XJ220 and subsequently charges stupid $$$ for anything related to the car.

Is that what Dauer has done with Bugatti EB110 parts?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it finally arrived last night. I wanted to take it for a drive today but of course, it is snowing. Pictures don't do it justice, the car is even more stunning live.