Hurricane Sandy is a pissed off bitch

Jpegs13

Has anyone heard from Jpegs? I wonder how he is doing.

Exchanged PM with him a day ago. He's got a generator and said he's going to be fine.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A New Yorker swims into a bar............

&

A massive relief operation was launched this morning after Americans woke up to the news that Subways had been destroyed.

One of my buddy's told me yesterday that his daughter is in the hospital in Hartford with a ruptured appendix and she's really sick. Luckily his wife got up there earlier this week but he can't get a flight out. She's young and healthy so she will probably recover completely. As a father I'm sure he's being tortured inside right now.

Id drive. Or walk.

Plus he posted on FB an hour ago.

Oh well thats good, Im not friends with him on Facebook. I hope things arent to bad for him.

Hello from hell.

It's pretty bad here 2 days post Sandy. No power and probably won't have it for 8-10 days.

No cable of course. Cell service is reminiscent of 9-11. Sporadic at best.

Wife has an iPad and that's our method of communicating. We contact people via Facebook. Say what you will about it, but it's been a godsend.

Over 1,000,000 people on Long island without power. We have a generator so we're ok.

I dropped off some lights, flashlights and some batteries to the local shelter last night. The shelter is set up at the H.S. So the kids don't have school for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the well wishes guys and I'll post some updates when possible.

Worst storm I've ever experienced, and I've been through a few in my day. God, I feel for people with no generators.

Hello from hell.

It's pretty bad here 2 days post Sandy. No power and probably won't have it for 8-10 days.

Wife has an iPad and that's our method of communicating. We contact people via Facebook. Say what you will about it, but it's been a godsend.

Over 1,000,000 people on Long island without power. We have a generator so we're ok.

I dropped off some lights, flashlights and some batteries to the local shelter last night. The shelter is set up at the H.S. So the kids don't have school for the foreseeable future.

Worst storm I've ever experienced, and I've been through a few in my day. God, I feel for people with no generators.

Glad to hear you're alright! What a nasty storm. I feel for those who are going through it, hopefully recovery will go well.

Hello from hell.

Glad you're okay. Very tough situation.

I was watching GMA this AM and while most of the video of the storm is unsettling to say the least; what choked me up was a shot of a firefighter. A firefighter who's face I will never forget. It was a firefighter who was in a 9-11 documentary that I am sure many have watched. http://www.amazon.com/11-The-Filmmakers-Co...ds=Jules+Naudet

There hs was, still doing what he does; helping others. Amazing.

God Bless Joseph Pfeifer. On 9-11 he was Battalion Chief. Today, Pfeifer is the New York City Fire Department’s Chief of Counterterrorism and Emergency Preparedness and a Citywide Command Chief.

One of my buddy's told me yesterday that his daughter is in the hospital in Hartford with a ruptured appendix and she's really sick. Luckily his wife got up there earlier this week but he can't get a flight out. She's young and healthy so she will probably recover completely. As a father I'm sure he's being tortured inside right now.

I can't even fathom that! I would ride my bike to get there. It is a mess. My buddy that runs McLaren up there let me know that the chainsaws were buzzing around his house yesterday in Stamford. He has no generator so he is working off of a cell that seems to have texting but I have not actually spoken to him. My other friend is in Ridgefield and off of the beaten path. He has a lot of trees around his home, all the way around it, and he has so many down that the cannot get out of his neighborhood. He is stocked up though. I was up there with him last week and we filled all the cars up with gas just in case, that was a comedy of errors in and of itself. I got out just before they started canceling flights.

JPegs, I am glad to hear you are ok. I know it is rough up there, take good care. Prayers are going out to everyone up there, our LP brothers especially.

Our home did not lose power. A few small trees down, but not a big deal. My shore house is another matter. We lost contact with our security cameras around 7:00 pm Monday evening. They shut down the island. I have seen some pictures on line, and apparently the ocean has met the bay. My propery manager is trying to get there today to assess the damage.

Our home did not lose power. A few small trees down, but not a big deal. My shore house is another matter. We lost contact with our security cameras around 7:00 pm Monday evening. They shut down the island. I have seen some pictures on line, and apparently the ocean has met the bay. My propery manager is trying to get there today to assess the damage.

Stay safe Rage! And everyone else of course! :turboalex:

Stay safe Rage! And everyone else of course! :turboalex:

Thanks!

There are people who have real problems right now. My beach house flooding is a joke compared to many others. I am not even thinking about it or concerned. I hope the people who really need help are getting it. The president is supposed to visit the town my beach house is in today. There are approx. 12,000 residents, and I hear over 70% stayed. I hope they are ok. The town is, Brigantine, NJ. A small island right off Atlantic City.

*UPDATE* My property manager has proudly reported that my Brigantine beach house has no water. He and his crew did an excellent job prepping the house. The security cameras are back up and everything looks normal. We are very lucky.