50th Aniversary Aventador

dtrax

Awesome! Can't wait to read your impressions/see your pics!

Thanks! I will report on all the cars I see. I did not bring a good camera since there will be plenty of talented real photographers there, but I will give you my impressions.

Now, who changed my avatar to someone elses?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I will report on all the cars I see. I did not bring a good camera since there will be plenty of talented real photographers there, but I will give you my impressions.

Now, who changed my avatar to someone elses?

Nobody changed your avatar, that's you browser problem.

I'm waiting for your impressions and picture too. Your impressions are the most important thing, as tomorrow we will be full of hi rez pictures.

Thank you very much in advance :icon_thumleft:

ciao

Ecnelis thanks for posting, no idea where you are getting the shots from but I am glad you do.

This thing is friking insane, I can't believe the are only making 3 of them I would love to have the opportunity of owning one.

What if they make 350 units and price them under the P1? I would be a buyer for sure.

So the Veneno is the only car coming to Geneva? Btw how is that pronounced?

VE is like VEnezia (or aVEntador)

NE is like NExt

NO is like No

ciao

Incoming!

imo the 2nd pic with that camera lense is a bad shot and makes the car look disproportioned with a small rear. Every other pics shows otherwise.

imo the 2nd pic with that camera lense is a bad shot and makes the car look disproportioned with a small rear. Every other pics shows otherwise.

agree, that a lense effect.

Greetings from Geneva! Just landed! Pulling up now. Tomorrow I get to see this monster Hyper Car!

Cool stuff Kris, looking forward to your feedback over there !

Certainly looks extreme! Not sure I'm too fond of the front fins, diffusers etc, they look too much like add-on bits. They should have been more integrated in the bodywork like the formula 1 style shark fin.

From previous comments of our friends on here, thought the 50th anniversary is a different car than the Veneno

Veneno is just a special car they made to celebrate the 50th Anniversary, it is not an Aventador, even though it uses stuff from it. They are also making a 50th Anniversary Aventador (special color and a few other things), which hasn't been released yet.

Any updates on the yellow 50th aventador guys??

I have been waiting to see if there are indeed new bodywork as stated earlier.

According to 007 they are saving it for Shanghi.

I'm disappointed.

I loved the Countach 25th and Diablo 30th(Especially the Jota models) and the Murcielago 40th was OK I liked the paint they came with but they could have done more. Seeing this gave me the same reaction as the Revention. It's a rebodied car with a higher price tag. No thanks.

I'm disappointed.

I loved the Countach 25th and Diablo 30th(Especially the Jota models) and the Murcielago 40th was OK I liked the paint they came with but they could have done more. Seeing this gave me the same reaction as the Revention. It's a rebodied car with a higher price tag. No thanks.

So you loved the rebodied Countach, the rebodied Diablo and the repainted Murcie but the rebodied Murcie and Aventador are disappointing. Makes sense.

Is Raginbull getting the 50th Aventador as well?

:D

Loll would not be surprised if Kris got one too :)

I am getting one only if the body work is different from standard bumpers.

The only issue I may have is if the yellow turns me off.

I am hoping they would allow me to order it in my own custom paint choice as I am not a fan of the highlighter yellow paint at all.

Kris have you heard anything about the 50th during your trip at Geneva?

I'm disappointed.

Bad take.

The Revolting was a pure rebody, with no significant improvements to any part of the base LP640's performance envelope.

The Veneno on the other hand is hundreds of pounds lighter, has vast aero improvements versus the base LP700, and a recalibrated suspension designed to take advantage of both.

It will be faster in every metric, every lap time, or really anything a stop watch can be put to versus anything else Lambo has ever made, or WILL make over the next decade (yup, even faster than the mythical and several-years-away Aventador SV).

It's easy to dismiss this as the Revolting 2.0 on the surface, but that is simply not the case factually.

The Revolting was a pure rebody, with no significant improvements to any part of the base LP640's performance envelope.

IIRC the Reventon and Reventon roadster had horsepower increases as well. From what I remember the coupe had 20 additional hp and the roadster had 30 more (roadster came out 2 years after coupe and utilized SV engine/tuning upgrades).