‎20 States have petitioned to trade the Union for independent government! Crazy...

MHaynes772

‎20 States have petitioned to trade the Union for independent government! Crazy shit...

http://www.examiner.com/article/citizens-f...e-united-states

Here's where the petitions are...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

**Don't know if this kind of thread is against the rules, if so, please delete.

I agree, but at the same time, over the past hour I've seen some of these grow by 1000-4000 signatures

It does go to show how divided and fucked up our nation is currently.

People in states, not the official states... and ~3K signatures in each state? lol that's hardly an indicator of anything...

I love how the media tries to make such a big deal out of things like this. First, the petition means nothing until there is at least 25k signatures, and even then 25k is nothing when you consider an entire state.

As far as I know Texas is the only state that can secede from the union.

There is nothing that says Texas can secede, there is a statement in the Texas constitution the says they are a "...free and Independent state...". Even then it will still take more than a petition from a few thousand residents of Texas, or any other state for them to secede.

Plus the ramifications of seceding from the U.S. are pretty substantial. While there are a large number of people, especially from Texas, that do not agree with who our president is or how or government handles it's duties, we have to deal with it for the next 4 years.

Or how easy it is to get people to sign up for shit over the internet.

:iamwithstupid:

Not that it should be compared to this - but echoes my sentiments of the KONY movement. Pretty easy for hipsters to push a button, "like" or sign something online. It most often doesn't translate into actual action.

I don't want to get into politics, but Texas is very much a place where the people are vastly different. They see things differently, they do business differently, they are - well, they are libertarian cowboys. The division you see around you today is more stark than prior to the civil war. That scares me.

Any state can secede. Just a matter of how much ammo they are prepared to part with.

People always talk so bad about Texas, how they are a bunch of inbred dumb shits that make the rest of the country look bad. So, let 'em leave already! If they want to go, let them go. They will fail or succeed based on their principles.

I don't want to get into politics, but Texas is very much a place where the people are vastly different. They see things differently, they do business differently, they are - well, they are libertarian cowboys. The division you see around you today is more stark than prior to the civil war. That scares me.

Any state can secede. Just a matter of how much ammo they are prepared to part with.

People always talk so bad about Texas, how they are a bunch of inbred dumb shits that make the rest of the country look bad. So, let 'em leave already! If they want to go, let them go. They will fail or succeed based on their principles.

Texas refines 80% of the country's oil, so if they seceded, the entire U.S. would be at their mercy. They are also the second-largest economy in the country. And secession would be very bad for any state IMO.

:iamwithstupid:

If anyone wanted civil war or secession in US...take away peoples iPhones,cable TV and internet...you'll have millions marching in the streets..until then nobodies doing a thing.

Might want to add guns to that list......

Might want to add guns to that list......

That would be a game changer...

That would be a game changer...

What is your thought on the likely hood of that happening? I can tell you one thing, as soon as he went after that UN arms treaty i went out and bought an AR that weekend. I see a lot of the circulated emails talking all doom and gloom, mass gun reposession and such...but i really dont believe it to the extent they say....

The department of homeland security just ordered 450 million .40 rounds...makes you wonder?

From Politifact " The release says ATK has been awarded an "Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quality" agreement from Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for .40 caliber ammunition. "This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds," the release says. It adds that ATK already was supplying such ammunition.

The release, noting that deliveries are expected to begin in June 2012, quotes Ron Johnson, president of ATK's Security and Sporting group, saying that the bullet will "continue to serve those who keep our borders safe."

Next, we reached Homeland Security spokesman Matthew Chandler who said by email that the cited quantity of up to 450 million rounds is "the quantity projected to be used over the next five years."

When Obama first got the job there was much guffawing inducing uproar about people moving to Canada.

How many actually did it?

Now Ii presume this is the 2012 version?

The department of homeland security just ordered 450 million .40 rounds...makes you wonder?

From Politifact " The release says ATK has been awarded an "Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quality" agreement from Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for .40 caliber ammunition. "This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds," the release says. It adds that ATK already was supplying such ammunition.

The release, noting that deliveries are expected to begin in June 2012, quotes Ron Johnson, president of ATK's Security and Sporting group, saying that the bullet will "continue to serve those who keep our borders safe."

Next, we reached Homeland Security spokesman Matthew Chandler who said by email that the cited quantity of up to 450 million rounds is "the quantity projected to be used over the next five years."

First rule in government spending: Buy in bulk. I don't think this is any cause for alarm, though.