C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

I'm sure in person it will please the eye, however, in (these) photos all the angles appear disjointed and do not mesh as one design. The roof line, the curved line of fender meeting the A pillar juxtaposed with all the vent/fender/ door lines all draw the eye in different directions.

Holding out hope that GM has fooled everyone and something different is hiding under the sheet!

I've liked every render or drawing until this one. That's the first angle or image that looks a little ugly/boring to me.

Hopefully just a bad artist because the other angles have looked pretty sharp.

image.jpg

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See now that looks hot. Looks official too, meaning it's a GM image.

The front non dead on front view is the one I wonder if they'll pull off well.

The reveal - Live: 7 pm EST

Wtf... I show the wife... First thing she says is "it's still just a Corvette"

Anyways it looks pretty good I think!

doesnt look bad. I cant say I love it, but for a POS not bad at all. HUGE improvement. The front looks like the new viper and side skirts look like that on the new db9. Curious as to how the Z 0.6 version will look if any different.

Let's see it in blue... and we'll talk. The design cues problem - is that the REASON you buy certain cars is to be unique, to not look like every other car out there. Unique design coupled with some awe-inspiring driving and handling is why you don't take it over any car. I get that they wil take certain design cues, but it seems like they just stole from Nissan here, instead of trying to be unique. Just my opinion though.

Does look better in actual press photos now. Again, blue - maybe white stripes... It could be cool!

Are there any changes to the automatic transmission?

A word about the transmissions – the optional Hydramatic six-speed carries the same model number as before – 6L80 – but incorporates a host of new internals, including revised gears, a different torque converter and active fuel management software.

More interestingly, the all-new seven-speed manual is a Tremec unit, and it incorporates rev-matching for both downshifts and upshifts (it's also defeatable via a steering-wheel paddle). We've seen rev-matching tech before, but generally such systems only goose the throttle on downshifts. This system is predictive, too, in that it "sees" which gate the gearshift lever is going and adjusts its response in anticipation. Engineers are particularly proud of the fact that they've gotten cylinder deactivation to play nice with the manual transmission (it might be the industry's first such application), as apparently it's much harder to get variable displacement technology to play without a torque converter to smooth out transitions

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/13/2014-ch...ere-is-to-know/

Are there any changes to the automatic transmission?

The AT situation is a mess, apparently for year one they're using some third-party Japanese unit because their own isn't ready. For year two it will be a totally different unit, but still not dual-clutch, just their usual type. Good old GM... :eusa_wall: :lol2: