C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

It's not that you can't, it's guys who have the $$$ come to expect and want a certain level of quality. You don't see see 8k sq/ft homes built with hollow core doors and linoleum, they ship in 200yr old spanish tiles, $50k batchelder fireplaces, and hire an amish carpenter to construct their crown molding.

The speed novelty is great, but guys who daily drive a phantom don't have any desire for a 9 second hyundai.

The more valueable Ferrari's are the ones that don't come with floor mats, have little to no leather and the welds are exposed and look like a kid in shop class built the car (referring to Scuderia's, F40, etc). I think many people who can afford what ever they want prefer cars that excite them. Fit and finish might be first in a Rolls or Bentley, but for sports cars, sometimes its about the feeling you get sitting behind the wheel. The feeling of being in a real race car. The way it bites back, etc. Those are all things I enjoy. Less fancy can be better. What ever it is, I want it to feel different from everything else. Which is why I have not cared for the post 458 Ferrari 2-seat cars.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that you can't, it's guys who have the $$$ come to expect and want a certain level of quality. You don't see see 8k sq/ft homes built with hollow core doors and linoleum, they ship in 200yr old spanish tiles, $50k batchelder fireplaces, and hire an amish carpenter to construct their crown molding.

The speed novelty is great, but guys who daily drive a phantom don't have any desire for a 9 second hyundai.

you seem to be missing the point. noone, doesnt matter what they drive daily or what house they live in, would expect same quality, in a $50k POS as in a $300k f12 ... that would just be an idiot.

im saying u can still compare those cars, love them for what they are, and actually prefer the POS. i do. especially as the prices reflect the quality-per-$ u mention.

on your second point. ... are u kidding me? that would be right my desires ... if i were driving a boring luxury house like a phantom all day, can u imagine the adrenaline spike of going for a 30min drive (or session at the drag strip) in a 9sec hyundai !?! hahaha that would be awesome.

put it differently. im sure those who munch nasty (i hate seafood) oysters, don p, caviar, and foie gras every day, still crave a nice simple juicy 400gr USDA prime beef fillet , or even a quarter-pounder with cheese.

The more valueable Ferrari's are the ones that don't come with floor mats, have little to no leather and the welds are exposed and look like a kid in shop class built the car (referring to Scuderia's, F40, etc). I think many people who can afford what ever they want prefer cars that excite them. Fit and finish might be first in a Rolls or Bentley, but for sports cars, sometimes its about the feeling you get sitting behind the wheel. The feeling of being in a real race car. The way it bites back, etc. Those are all things I enjoy at least. Less fancy can be better.

Oh I completely agree. I've been in an F40 a couple times and it's an absolutely phenomenal machine. But those cars are very up front about what you're getting. I think that's where people are on the fence with the POS, it's trying to be fast but making a half ass attempt at luxury. It's just a case of trying to be everything to everyone.

This isn't a huge deal for me, I daily drove an 01' Viper GTS for a few years and 50k miles. I know all about a shitty interior with some fantastic seats strapped to a rocket, it's what wil-e-coyote dreamed about. :lol2:

you seem to be missing the point. noone, doesnt matter what they drive daily or what house they live in, would expect same quality, in a $50k POS as in a $300k f12 ... that would just be an idiot.

im saying u can still compare those cars, love them for what they are, and actually prefer the POS. i do. especially as the prices reflect the quality-per-$ u mention.

I'm not saying they expect it, but don't count on them loving it. Thats why we have cars like the GTO, Murci SV, and Scud. You get the speed with the fancy shit, and they don't mind paying for it.

I guess i'm just backing Fortis, in that this demographic sure as shit isn't your average POS buyer and have a different place for the car in their lives.

For me the fact that the C7 is a stick shift makes it more different to my other cars compared to the F12. I like the C7 looks, I like that people probably won't take my photo at traffic lights, and it would be fun. Not saying I am getting it, but I would take it over the F12 right now and the price difference wouldn't factor in to my decision.

on your second point. ... are u kidding me? that would be right my desires ... if i were driving a boring luxury house like a phantom all day, can u imagine the adrenaline spike of going for a 30min drive (or session at the drag strip) in a 9sec hyundai !?! hahaha that would be awesome.

put it differently. im sure those who munch nasty (i hate seafood) oysters, don p, caviar, and foie gras every day, still crave a nice simple juicy 400gr USDA prime beef fillet , or even a quarter-pounder with cheese.

You are adding some excellent analogies and comments in the thread! Well done!

For me the fact that the C7 is a stick shift makes it more different to my other cars compared to the F12. I like the C7 looks, I like that people probably won't take my photo at traffic lights, and it would be fun. Not saying I am getting it, but I would take it over the F12 right now and the price difference wouldn't factor in to my decision.

You are adding some excellent analogies and comments in the thread! Well done!

hahaha tks. usually i dont chime in too much, but stereotyping, and stereotypical people make me want to add my 2cents.

im glad to see u r choice of motoring fun is also very open.

Emanon, Fortis. okay i must admit that in general/the stereotypical/majority of buyers looking at a POS wont be able to stretch to the ferrari/lambo price range, so comparison is futile. and unfort it goes down the same line (but then due to snobery!) when vice/versa. its a sad state of affairs (the second batch of people) but unfort it its that way. i just hope my insight, my overturn atleast one person's way of thinking, and be more open

You know , now that I think about it, out where I live you don't see that many Corvettes. I guess Cali people either buy pos Prius's or high line cars.

The reason I've always liked Porsche is due to its huge aftermarket. Corvette is very similar in that regard albeit even cheaper. I've always liked the look of the Plastic mess-06 but the quality really sucked and no auto box. For me the car would be used as a daily drive/beater/grocery getter so I would only do automatic. I figure a cheap bolt on supercharger would give it the power to run with any stock exotic.

It could be my new Herbie for a year or so. Who knows.. Maybe I really would like it. But it would need to be much improved over the C6. Plus the money I save will leave me more cash to add more collector cars.

You know , now that I think about it, out where I live you don't see that many Corvettes. I guess Cali people either buy pos Prius's or high line cars.

The reason I've always liked Porsche is due to its huge aftermarket. Corvette is very similar in that regard albeit even cheaper. I've always liked the look of the Plastic mess-06 but the quality really sucked and no auto box. For me the car would be used as a daily drive/beater/grocery getter so I would only do automatic. I figure a cheap bolt on supercharger would give it the power to run with any stock exotic.

It could be my new Herbie for a year or so. Who knows.. Maybe I really would like it. But it would need to be much improved over the C6. Plus the money I save will leave me more cash to add more collector cars.

get the z51 with auto.

you are in CA, A&A corvette did my supercharger with tune in 1 day for 7200$ out the door. My 06 Plastic mess-06 went from 442whp to 678whp on cheap ass 91 octane.

car was A LOT of fun for that power.. so say with the A&A kit you will be around 550 through an auto. should be a fun 11.0 @128 car on pump.

post-51915-1358276138.jpg

It has leaf springs... still?

Yes, but what's the big deal? It's not a solid axle mounted to leaf springs on shackles like a pickup truck. It's got a very normal a-arm suspension, just with a flat spring instead of coils.

Emanon, Fortis. okay i must admit that in general/the stereotypical/majority of buyers looking at a POS wont be able to stretch to the ferrari/lambo price range, so comparison is futile. and unfort it goes down the same line (but then due to snobery!) when vice/versa. its a sad state of affairs (the second batch of people) but unfort it its that way. i just hope my insight, my overturn atleast one person's way of thinking, and be more open

LamboNutter which one of my comments in this particular thread made you address the comment above to me?

Sorry I am a bit confused because all my comments, with the exception of those relating to the fit and finish, were positive.

Wonder what it take for it to be a mid 10 sec 135mph car. I need it to be atleast faster than my Herbie was.

Even a ZR1 isn't that fast on street tires and it has nearly 200 more hp than the base C7...

Wonder what it take for it to be a mid 10 sec 135mph car. I need it to be atleast faster than my Herbie was.

On a auto POS you would prob need 620whp to go 10.4s @135 in normal DA

If you add methanol kit or race gas then you should be close to that number

I ran with my Z-0-6 11.0@134 spinning 1-2 in Vegas elevation

On a auto POS you would prob need 620whp to go 10.4s @135 in normal DA

If you add methanol kit or race gas then you should be close to that number

I ran with my Z-0-6 11.0@134 spinning 1-2 in Vegas elevation

134mph is good mph.. I'd be happy with that. Was reading about the car and totally forgot they have a removable roof as well. I've been wanting something with no roof lately. Also heard a video of it starting where surprisingly it sounded pretty good.

134mph is good mph.. I'd be happy with that. Was reading about the car and totally forgot they have a removable roof as well. I've been wanting something with no roof lately. Also heard a video of it starting where surprisingly it sounded pretty good.

Auto S/C will be quicker at the track vs. Manuel , they don't drop boost between shifts. so with 600-620whp you will be 135.

corvette exhausts are pretty reasonable should you want to change it. the stock does sound good though.

Auto S/C will be quicker at the track vs. Manuel , they don't drop boost between shifts. so with 600-620whp you will be 135.

corvette exhausts are pretty reasonable should you want to change it. the stock does sound good though.

That would be perfect!

The more pics I see, the more I like it...esp the blue! Great styling on those rear lights. Would be a fantastic DD and would need an auto for the wife to share. Can't believe I'm actually more excited about this car than the viper.