C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is good since performance wise and looks it will be on par with Ferrari at a significantly lower price...way better value than the 599 and California... ID rather get this over any of those f cars. Especially since they are all FR layout

Corvette buyers aren't cross-shopping Ferraris. They are shopping other Vettes.

As soon as I see an automatic version driven by some white trash or old lady... it will lose any bits of appeal. I like the old C6 Zed, but all other regular versions are driven by lame-asses who think "it'll be worth somthin sumday...." I also live in Indiana - Corvette's are like status symbols out here.

Id be one of those automatic drivers! Does the z51 come in auto?

Id be one of those automatic drivers! Does the z51 come in auto?

I would assume so-the old one did

I would assume so-the old one did

So then id maybe do that. Now I got my wife laughing at me that im going through mid life crisis. She said it wont be long till I start talking about getting a Cadillac.

But Allan at least you'd freaking drive it. Not joking, the lady who cuts my hair - her husband has some shitty early 90s POS that he just keeps in the barn... A friend of mine has a 03 Trans-Am that he just keeps covered in his garage. Never drives it but expects it to be a big deal someday. It seems every POS up to the C6 Zed06 was one of those shitboxes. 80s-200? were all shitboxes. I can't imagine someone going "Oh yes, give me the red '94 ragtop, please!"

I am a Ferrari owner, and this interests me more than the F12. I am more interested in the ZO6 or ZR1 version of the C7 then the F12. I like the fact that the C7 could be my only stick shift car, I like the looks a lot (more then the F12) and I am sure the ZO6 and ZR1 will have plenty of power for me to be happy. :icon_thumleft: I am not saying I am buying it, I am just saying... If it was this or the F12, I would buy a stick shift red C7. I feel it offers me more.

But Allan at least you'd freaking drive it. Not joking, the lady who cuts my hair - her husband has some shitty early 90s POS that he just keeps in the barn... A friend of mine has a 03 Trans-Am that he just keeps covered in his garage. Never drives it but expects it to be a big deal someday. It seems every POS up to the C6 Zed06 was one of those shitboxes. 80s-200? were all shitboxes. I can't imagine someone going "Oh yes, give me the red '94 ragtop, please!"

Those 03' Trans Am's are rare, I'd keep it covered in a very secure garage too! ;) (until I decided to fund my retirement by letting it go at Barrett Jackson of course)!

(Just busting your chops, they stopped making the Trans Am in 2002 :) ).

Or Astons, or Lambos, or Porsches, or....... :icon_mrgreen:

I am a Ferrari owner, and this interests me more than the F12.

Yeah, but you're a very special person :icon_mrgreen:

I like the looks of it but once you all have stopped powermasturbating over the (really nice look) you will come to your senses and realize we have a filter on this board for a reason.. Just saying..

I like the looks of it but once you all have stopped powermasturbating over the (really nice look) you will come to your senses and realize we have a filter on this board for a reason.. Just saying..

I have a feeling that the C7 Z will knock people's socks off if the base model is this good. The C-6-Z was FAR better than the standard C6, so I would venture that many LP'ers will own it when it comes out.

I am a Ferrari owner, and this interests me more than the F12. I am more interested in the ZO6 or ZR1 version of the C7 then the F12. I like the fact that the C7 could be my only stick shift car, I like the looks a lot (more then the F12) and I am sure the ZO6 and ZR1 will have plenty of power for me to be happy. :icon_thumleft: I am not saying I am buying it, I am just saying... If it was this or the F12, I would buy a stick shift red C7. I feel it offers me more.

Sample size is too small. Guys like you and JPEGS and others on LP are not typical Corvette buyers. In fact there is nothing typical about you guys or your net worths.

The typical Corvette buyer is an entirely different profile and different income level. Corvette isn't looking to steal buyers from Ferrari or Lamborghini lol they are looking to get guys with older Vettes to buy their latest and greatest, and of course get the Mustang and Viper guys to move over.

LOL. It is unlikely that I will buy a C7. I just see a market for it and I see how it could fit in to my garage. Right now I am very impressed bt the looks, no doubt. Its the best looking American car I have seen in a long time. The price is impressive.

Sample size is too small. Guys like you and JPEGS and others on LP are not typical Corvette buyers. In fact there is nothing typical about you guys or your net worths.

The typical Corvette buyer is an entirely different profile and different income level. Corvette isn't looking to steal buyers from Ferrari or Lamborghini lol they are looking to get guys with older Vettes to buy their latest and greatest, and of course get the Mustang and Viper guys to move over.

I agree and I think they have a big winner here.

:iamwithstupid:

Beyond that, the motivation for the purchase is completely different. From what i have seen, most POS owners consider it a major purchase and treat their car like the holy grail. Not something that is bought just to beat the ever living shit out of, and to take places you don't want to park the DBS or 599.

I would venture to say that most new corvette buyers barely crack 100k/yr, if at all. Not walk into the dealership with 100k on their wrist and a monthly amex bill that trumps it.

Truth be told I normally am not a huge corvette fan, but this might be a winner. Would be a cool car with an auto my wife could drive and I wouldn't have to sweat over.

Beyond that, the motivation for the purchase is completely different. From what i have seen, most POS owners consider it a major purchase and treat their car like the holy grail. Not something that is bought just to beat the ever living shit out of, and to take places you don't want to park the DBS or 599.

I would venture to say that most new corvette buyers barely crack 100k/yr, if at all. Not walk into the dealership with 100k on their wrist and a monthly amex bill that trumps it.

Truth be told I normally am not a huge corvette fan, but this might be a winner. Would be a cool car with an auto my wife could drive and I wouldn't have to sweat over.

Precisely. They've done a great job with the front end and profile. The rear screams Camaro but the purists will forgive given the price point and the "Corvette cachet". They've done well with this design.

i own both a POS and a bull .... and i do so because I love the completely black/white contrast that is the cars, the way they deliver power, the way you have to drive them, the emotion, EVERYTHING.

i dont see why as a car lover, and just because your networth you can not own such differing cars, brands, or perceived 'quality'

i am also looking for a fantastic example of a 1974 Alfa GTV 1750 in red .... if you are a car lover, you love cars, for teh enjoyment of owning them, looking at them, and driving them.

simples. this kind of stereotyping, and need to label groups of people drives me nuts.

oh, and regarding the ferrari vs corve tte buyers talk ... i have no interest in modern ferraris, as they are piss easy to drive. my granny can drive them. and yes ive driven them, not just read it in a magazine. nothing to do with price/image/etc.

The big question I have is with the base car now having an aluminum frame and carbon fiber hood and roof, what are the buyers of the Plastic mess-06 and ZR1 going to get for their extra $25-60k (besides more power, which is easy to add to the base car)? It may be a lot harder to justify the price difference.

The big question I have is with the base car now having an aluminum frame and carbon fiber hood and roof, what are the buyers of the Plastic mess-06 and ZR1 going to get for their extra $25-60k (besides more power, which is easy to add to the base car)? It may be a lot harder to justify the price difference.

hopefully a proper rear suspension setup !

i hope i misread ... but leafspring on a brand new 2014 car .... seriously ... wtf

i own both a POS and a bull .... and i do so because I love the completely black/white contrast that is the cars, the way they deliver power, the way you have to drive them, the emotion, EVERYTHING.

i dont see why as a car lover, and just because your networth you can not own such differing cars, brands, or perceived 'quality'

i am also looking for a fantastic example of a 1974 Alfa GTV 1750 in red .... if you are a car lover, you love cars, for teh enjoyment of owning them, looking at them, and driving them.

simples. this kind of stereotyping, and need to label groups of people drives me nuts.

oh, and regarding the ferrari vs corve tte buyers talk ... i have no interest in modern ferraris, as they are piss easy to drive. my granny can drive them. and yes ive driven them, not just read it in a magazine. nothing to do with price/image/etc.

I agree with this so much I wish I wrote it. :icon_thumleft:

It's not that you can't, it's guys who have the $$$ come to expect and want a certain level of quality. You don't see see 8k sq/ft homes built with hollow core doors and linoleum, they ship in 200yr old spanish tiles, $50k batchelder fireplaces, and hire an amish carpenter to construct their crown molding.

The speed novelty is great, but guys who daily drive a phantom don't have any desire for a 9 second hyundai.