Good Luck RDad!

Jpegs13

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent news. It must've been such a roller coaster of emotions, I am very glad to hear that's all over and that you are cured.

Glad to hear all turned out well! I had a roto rooter done on Monday. I'm 40 with a family history of polyps (non cancerous to this point). Glad I went, as the doctor removed a 8mm polyp. Said he is fairly certain it is non cancerous but sent it out for a biopsy. He also stated that he becomes more concerned when they are greater than 1cm in size. So, I know what you went through waiting for the results. Sucks. Gives us a little pause on life and living it to the fullest while we're here. Now, if we could just find a way to flavor the laxative so it is even halfway drinkable. Maybe a beer flavor or hard liquor taste. :eusa_think: Then we could get the Sham-wow guy to promote it for us. The possibilities are endless.

On a more serious note, congrats on the outcome and here's to life.

and then he said the words I wanted to hear...

"You're cured."

I may be the luckiest guy on the face of the earth right now.

That is great to hear for you RD, you beat it! :superman: Good that you caught it so early. Prevention is a key and regular screenings can save. Reminds us all to stay on top of our own personal health at any age.

Great news! I've had cancerous polyps removed as well as, let's just say other little bits and pieces of the "great south". Nasty family history so I go in for exams so often my doctor is beginning to think I enjoy it.

Didn't want to post that until you had your news.

Cheers to a long life

Now, if we could just find a way to flavor the laxative so it is even halfway drinkable. Maybe a beer flavor or hard liquor taste. :eusa_think: Then we could get the Sham-wow guy to promote it for us. The possibilities are endless.

Somewhat the same boat as you guys. Polyps removed, non-cancerous but they want more frequent roto roots to stay ahead of it. Family history of digestive diseases but not colon cancer (sis has Crohns which may increase risk of cancer).

I flavored the "drink" with Crystal Light lemonade. It made it much more drinkable (they told me I could use flavoring like crystal light or koolaid). Of course now I can't look at a glass of lemonade without being reminded of the exam.

RD - glad the news is good and that you now have the chance to stay ahead of it (huge advantage) rather than a "come from behind" attack (no pun intended :D) It's a reminder to always get something of concern checked at the first sign of a problem. Better to know early when one has the best chance to beat it.

Surgeon says no cutting.... We're sending the polyp to UCLA for them to confirm the pathology report... Might take two weeks on that, then I can breath.

• 1 year later...

So. Had my one year follow up colonoscopy. No cancer. No ployps. Im goo d for three years.

So. Had my one year follow up colonoscopy. No cancer. No ployps. Im goo d for three years.

So... now you're a perfect asshole :icon_mrgreen: