Good Luck RDad!

Jpegs13

No lie... I was scared. Based on my history, and the symptoms I've managed to ignore, I told my wife Friday night that I was 90% sure I "had something bad". Thankfully I was right, but lucky that what I had was going to bad in a year or, two....

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RDad, I recently went thru the same thing. When I read your post the other night that you were "preparing" for a procedure, I had a feeling. It is the most agonizing 2 days. I'm glad it all worked out.

glad to hear it, enjoy your good health rd.

and there's another bright side to this, with the polyp gone you should have all sorts of room for smuggling...

It's a horrible experience, we went though a bit of a scare with my wife almost 6 months ago, the preparation, not knowing what to expect, waiting to hear the results and the whole drama in between is just horrid, thanks God she was fine.

I hate going through these things, you feel so helpless.

Just found out I missed the inauguration during the colonoscopy... All things considered the sensation was probably very similar....

I had to clean off my laptop after reading that... thanks and glad to hear you are ok....ish

Guest Moss
Just found out I missed the inauguration during the colonoscopy... All things considered the sensation was probably very similar....

Guaranteed :icon_thumleft:

HAHA!

Sorry to hear about your Mom's early passing. I am glad to hear you got to it. Rest up!

I am hopeful that all will be well with you Erik.

As far as the inauguration, don't worry about that, most of us here took it in the ass on that today as well.

Get well soon Vic

So. Long story short. Mom died of colon cancer at 62.

Ive been having some symptoms. Had to do the colonoscopy. Two days no food. A day of drinking a gallon of laxitive. Followed by shitting myself silly.

Procedure done. Hemoroids and a GIANT polyp. Theyre fairly certain theres no cancer but theyll wait til they get the biopsy result next week. Would have definitley gone canerous given enough time. So all in all good result. One way or the other got it early.

Im high on fentynol right noe. When I sober up, half of you are fucked.

I figured a colonoscopy was the procedure when you said you spent a lot of time on the computer. My dad recently had his first one and said he was on the toilet for long enough to read a few of his mags cover to cover.

I hope it goes well for you.

Yeah, Im still kinda sweating the biopsy.... The doctor said it looked ok, but I guess until I get the final word I still have to worry...

Yeah, Im still kinda sweating the biopsy.... The doctor said it looked ok, but I guess until I get the final word I still have to worry...

Glad soo far all is well!

I've had 2 close calls, my ass and a lump in my head/neck....doctors don't it call it unless they are certain. One time you are fine, other time we don't know. Either way it's a fcuking awful experience. The waiting for results. I massively upped my life insurance coverage and extended the policy to I'm 75. Not cheap, but I know my family will be taken care of, if I buy the farm. If memory serves you are exactly a year younger than me. 9.12.

If you have any questions after you get the pathology report, shout at me. Based upon what you have posted, sounds like it is most likely a benign adenoma, and you should be free and clear.

Good to hear the outlook is optimistic, all the best RD!

RD, I had that procedure done a few years back due to some family history and some unexplained bleeding (which was during Clinton's presidency, so rectal bleeding might have been explained after all). Anyways, turned out to be a bleeding polyp. But I have to say, those 2 days on the shitter were more than memorable. Anyways, hope the results are favorable--sounds like they will be. Being in the medical industry, I usually find good news travels slower.....

Best of luck!