Good Luck RDad!

Jpegs13

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hoping for the best RD. Though by your response, I'm very sorry and will keep you and your family in my thoughts

Well... Here goes.... Looks like its bad news and good news...

Bad news: Biopsy came back positive for cancer....

Good news: It was in the absolute earliest stages and completely contained to the Polyp they took out. It was just on the surface of the polyp- a very small area- and hadnt spread down the stalk or into the blood vessels or lymph system.... So according to at least 4 doctors Ive spoken to today (4n6med included), thats it. Its done. Nothing else for me to do. My Primary and Gastroenterologist conferred and sent me to a surgeon for a consult next week to see if she wants to cut any more of my colon out, but its very unlikely she'll want to based on the biopsy results. But I think theyre just being extra careful since Im a lawyer....

My inclination is to be aggressive against it, but Im not sure what else there is to do right now.

Well... Here goes.... Looks like its bad news and good news...

Bad news: Biopsy came back positive for cancer....

Good news: It was in the absolute earliest stages and completely contained to the Polyp they took out. It was just on the surface of the polyp- a very small area- and hadnt spread down the stalk or into the blood vessels or lymph system.... So according to at least 4 doctors Ive spoken to today (4n6med included), thats it. Its done. Nothing else for me to do. My Primary and Gastroenterologist conferred and sent me to a surgeon for a consult next week to see if she wants to cut any more of my colon out, but its very unlikely she'll want to based on the biopsy results. But I think theyre just being extra careful since Im a lawyer....

My inclination is to be aggressive against it, but Im not sure what else there is to do right now.

Aggressive is good. Right now aggressive is regular colonoscopies.

Aggressive is good. Right now aggressive is regular colonoscopies.

It doesnt seem that it should be that easy.... Im suspicious.

Guest Moss

Im glad you acted when you did and got that thing out. Sounds encouraging.

I doubt you'll get a surgeon who suggests a colectomy based on your findings. That's not to say you may not need one in the future.

I am sorry to here that the biopsy came back positive for cancer.

I am glad that you caught it early, My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sincerely Vic

Congrats on catching it early and beating its microscopic ass. :)

Lots of green cruciferous veggies, plenty of fiber, fish oil, exercise . . . Cut out the bad shit and start doubling down on the good shit, and keep getting your check-ups. You'll be just fine.

Congrats on catching it early and beating its microscopic ass. :)

Lots of green cruciferous veggies, plenty of fiber, fish oil, exercise . . . Cut out the bad shit and start doubling down on the good shit, and keep getting your check-ups. You'll be just fine.

Funny thing is, I stopped eating the salads because they were shooting right through me.... Time to suck it the fcuk up I guess?

Its weird.... Ive heard TOMATO products lower your colon cancer risk.... I eat a shit load of tomato products... Ive heard BLUEBERRIES cut your colon cancer risk, I EAT A SHIT LOAD OF BLUEBERRIES.... I LOVE BROCOLLI and brussels sprouts, and spinach.... I eat that shit like its going out of style (and I have since I was a kid).

I think in my case it just boils down to GENETICS.

fcuk man, I'm stoked for you. You found that shit and got it out of there, and hopefully that is the end of it. Don't be bummed out, be happy you didn't wait a year.

Its not ideal, but given the circumstances its a positive outcom, and I really hope you don't need more surgery.

Hand in there buddy, if you're half the fighter I think you are this is just a minor bump in the road.

Just trying to stay positive, we're all here for you. :icon_thumleft:

thank god man, that is a scare. god bless you, prayers are that it's gone gone gone. sounds like you have a great network of docs and referrals up there, but if you need a contact with the houston medical center let me know.

I am sorry to here that the biopsy came back positive for cancer.

I am glad that you caught it early, My thoughts and prayers are with you.

:iamwithstupid: