Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you bought it 6 months ago, you've realized a 370% gain.

Not my style of investment but that’s not too bad, I really hope it won’t go pop on the people who spent money on it.

I bought years ago, hard not to sell some right now, if this hits 10k my new Ford GT will be paid for....

I bought years ago, hard not to sell some right now, if this hits 10k my new Ford GT will be paid for....

Nice!!! Good luck, I hope it will get there for you!

Timing it is crucial I guess, I don't like the stress of that, I hate gambling, I'd be up all night thinking if I should sell or keep LOL

An ICO is different to HODL'ING bitcoin though.

I took some profit yesterday and today to reduce my risk, but i still see massive upside in the market.

Let's face it 80-90% of people don't even know what bitcoin is. So it's hard to be a bubble. When everyone knows about it and your grandma or mother starts talking about it, that's when I'd really be wary of over speculation

An ICO is different to HODL'ING bitcoin though.

I took some profit yesterday and today to reduce my risk, but i still see massive upside in the market.

Let's face it 80-90% of people don't even know what bitcoin is. So it's hard to be a bubble. When everyone knows about it and your grandma or mother starts talking about it, that's when I'd really be wary of over speculation

So you think if your grandma becomes switched on in business is time for you to pull out? :icon_mrgreen:

I will admit I don’t know a lot about bitcoin or any other crypto currency, I have less than zero interest in it, same goes for shares, just not interested, but looking from outside in, IMO what’s happening at the moment is lots of people wanting to make a lot of money very quickly so they are getting on the bandwagon.

The instant gratification generation, these people are driving the prices through the roof, when the crap hits the fan it will be scary because they will panic and will want out, like you said, you cashed out some, if you believed in it 100% you wouldn’t sell, so you aren’t confident in it either, now if this thing starts going bad you will run faster than the babysitter’s boyfriend when the car pulls up and so will everyone else.

I am happy when people make easy money because eventually they will come and spend it with people like me :icon_mrgreen:

Either way I wish everyone that’s involved in it good luck, I hate seeing people lose their hard earned!

if you believed in it 100% you wouldn’t sell, so you aren’t confident in it either,

I actually am 100% confident in it, it will revolutionise the finance world. I'm just very risk averse, as long as i can pull out my seed capital that makes for a zero risk scenario for me.

IMO what’s happening at the moment is lots of people wanting to make a lot of money very quickly so they are getting on the bandwagon.

What you say here is definitely happening, which is why i'm nervous about current valuations. but i do believe it will prevail, but as i say, i'm risk averse. I dont believe in get rich quick or easy money.

so as Warren Buffet says. "When everyone's being greedy be afraid, and when everyone's afraid be greedy".

lots of very greedy people right now, has me nervous is all.

When everyone knows about it and your grandma or mother starts talking about it, that's when I'd really be wary of over speculation

When I see advertisements on youtube promoting Bitcoin IRA's as a retirement vehicle I am concerned.

I was thinking a ton of people must be putting $ into BTC to hide the cash - not just dirty money, but to hide the $ in a marriage you could put it into BTC and Im guessing the lawyers will never find it

I was thinking a ton of people must be putting $ into BTC to hide the cash - not just dirty money, but to hide the $ in a marriage you could put it into BTC and Im guessing the lawyers will never find it

absolutely, also a great way to try and insulate against a potential collapse in the country you live in (like happened in Greece, Zimbabwe, or in Venezuela right now). I have no faith that the politicians wont destroy Australia, so i've put a fair bit into Gold and now a tiny sliver into Crypto in case things get so bad here I ever need to jump ship. But that's just my tinfoil hat talking.

Looney make sure you have some set aside for a tone of tin foil, looks like you will need it LOL

If all these first world countries will collapse where would you run with your virtual money? Zimbabwe?

This type of thinking really stumps your financial growth, paranoia and irrational thinking doesn’t help you, didn’t you quote some rich guy before who suggested you to be ballsy when everyone is afraid ? Doesn’t look like you are taking that on board.

Sorry about the rant but, negativity, paranoia and doomsday predictors really trigger me, I’ve experienced terrible living conditions, terrible economic and political system, I want to laugh when I hear people from sheltered 1st world countries talking about hardships, literally laugh out loud.

You know that even in the worst systems in the world, political and economical war ravaged countries etc. the cream always rises to the top? :icon_thumleft:

You have zero reasons to prepare for doomsday in Australia, you live on the goddamn water on the Gold Coast :lol2:

Looney make sure you have some set aside for a tone of tin foil, looks like you will need it LOL

If all these first world countries will collapse where would you run with your virtual money? Zimbabwe?

This type of thinking really stumps your financial growth, paranoia and irrational thinking doesn’t help you, didn’t you quote some rich guy before who suggested you to be ballsy when everyone is afraid ? Doesn’t look like you are taking that on board.

Sorry about the rant but, negativity, paranoia and doomsday predictors really trigger me, I’ve experienced terrible living conditions, terrible economic and political system, I want to laugh when I hear people from sheltered 1st world countries talking about hardships, literally laugh out loud.

You know that even in the worst systems in the world, political and economical war ravaged countries etc. the cream always rises to the top? :icon_thumleft:

You have zero reasons to prepare for doomsday in Australia, you live on the goddamn water on the Gold Coast :lol2:

yeah i completely understand what you're saying, I dont expect all westernised countries to collapse, But Australia on the other hand seems unsustainable to me, lets face it we're 23 million people in the middle of nowhere. we have no manufacturing left in the country, no value add industries, No Tech companies, peoples wealth here is predicated on exorbitant property prices. Unemployment/underemployment is rife, working class people cant even afford to pay their electricity bills these days.

I dont expect that Australia would collapse in the sense of Venezuela or anything like that. Our political environment is quite good, and the country is safe. but all that this country does nowadays is sell dirt. sell dirt to the Chinese so they can value add to it. or sell dirt in the form of property, there are no fundamentals here (and I say this being someone who has made 90% of my money developing property and have a real interest in keeping property prices up). If you looked at Australia as a company you would ask what we produce and you would query where all the value comes from.

We have an aging population that has insufficient funds to fund themselves in retirement, and a government that cant afford to keep medicare and the pension going. Then as you know being in construction yourself, you have unskilled labour earning crazy money when they do work, guys standing around holding lollipop signs, or stacking bricks earning $40-50 per hour, and they can barely make ends meet if they have a family (i cant even imagine what it's like down in Sydney). I'm not saying I don't love it here, and think its the best place in the world, but i just see the of I just think that financially the country may come unstuck at some stage, so i think holding Gold, shares outside of the country and now some Crypto is a good way to mitigate some risk. It's not like i have a large stack of my portfolio in my tinfoil hat fund. but enough to have to start again if i ever moved, and it's all in places that still earn or qualify as being an investment vehicle. It's not like i would ever bury money in a tin can in the back yard.

Also bear in mind, i've been down the road of a divorce before which cost me the lion's share of what I'd previously earned, so having a rainy day fund separate to the constraints of our own country is just some cheap insurance IMO. I should have done it 10 years ago when I got royally shafted for all my hard earned $$$

I think you are overthinking it, I hate boasting but for this purpose I will have to state that last year I made a tone of money, I shocked myself to be perfectly honest, every negative you pointed above I see as an opportunity, I looked at those aspects and I capitalized on them big time.

23 mil, yes not enough for a thriving economy in order to compete with the biggest in the world but who cares?

All that could be right but at the same time extremely easy to look after, everyone wants to come here, weather, safety, no pollution, isolation, quite inaccessible, acceptance of minorties, easy life in general, you capitalize on that if you know what you are doing.

Manufacturing, not everyone needs to manufacture, manufacturing cars, what good did that do us, introduced luxury car tax along with a host of other taxes made out cars twice more expensive in order to protect 5000 jobs and few multinationals, good riddance, make a whole country suffer by paying more in order to protect a few, business is a bitch, you are viable you stay in business you aren’t you are out and rightly so.

Aging population, it’s a fact of life everywhere, humans live longer, music to my ears, retirement villages, assisted living, care for the elderly, home care, etc etc etc.

Exorbitant property prices? Yes I agree but it’s a free market, for those prices to exist there are people who can and are willing to pay, if they can’t afford it and they get in over their head it will collapse and self regulate again, it collapses, you deal with the cards you are dealt, you sell cheaper you buy cheaper I don’t see an issue.

Look at our car prices, more than two times anywhere in the world, dealers still sell cars here more than they ever sold before, you might say oh cheap money, fair enough some take advantage of that as it will always happen and happens everywhere in the world, having said that I know a lot of exotic car owners here who buy multiple exotics in cash so there is a bit of everything.

Selling dirt to the Chinese, is the new scare tactics catch phrase LOL I wouldn’t be that concerned, also what is wrong with capitalising what you’ve got, it’s smart business, we’ve got dirt and plenty of it, sell the damn thing I say, they can’t take it with them, they will bring money here, business, pay taxes etc etc. you see the 24 mil population as a negative this will solve it for you, more wealthy people moving here, how do you see that as a negative?

I agree the workers are WAY overpaid but it’s supply and demand, if there was no demand a lolly pop man wouldn’t get $60/hour, free capitalist market again, what do you think I make if I pay one of my guys $80 to $100 an hour? If I didn’t manage to be profitable I’d send them home.

Divorce I can’t help you with that LOL.

Anyway, not having a go at you, I just like to see positive attitude in people because that breaths success and comfort, negativity brings you down and grinds you into dirt!

Everyone is asking me about my formula, there is no magic formula, stay positive, acknowledge the positives in your life, work as if your life depended on it, do not expect instant gratification, see gold where others see dirt, it’s very basic.

Looney let me assure you, you will be fine, I doubt you’ll ever have to cash your chips because you had to leave Australia in a hurry unless you will do something stupid and the authorities will be after you in which case I will have to eat some humble pie LOL

Mate, i dont think you're having a go at me. I love an intelligent discussion about topics.

While I agree with much of what you say, and I really admire your positive attitude, I'm just super conservative and have learned my lesson about not having a rainy day fund. I dont think I'd have it in me to start from scratch ever again even if the probability of it is miniscule, it's not bad to tuck something away IMO.

but big congratulations on your recent success :D it's good to see people making it. :D

Mate, i dont think you're having a go at me. I love an intelligent discussion about topics.

While I agree with much of what you say, and I really admire your positive attitude, I'm just super conservative and have learned my lesson about not having a rainy day fund. I dont think I'd have it in me to start from scratch ever again even if the probability of it is miniscule, it's not bad to tuck something away IMO.

but big congratulations on your recent success :D it's good to see people making it. :D

Thanks man, it was a big year for me, really looking forward to next year.

BTW just because you are less conservative with your investments that doesn’t mean you aren’t or don’t have to put away for a rainy day as you call it, having said that you also have to know how to enjoy yourself and enjoy the fruits of your labour otherwise what’s the point?

I am very conservative and very old school myself if I wasn’t I’d also buy into all these fads and perhaps make a tone of money like many do but I don’t have the guts to risk my money on things which are completely out of my control, I do read all the posts and as much info as I can about it but still no guts LOL

I do respect those who have the balls to gamble I personally am not a gambler, risk taker yes gambler not.

Anyway I hope you make a killing 🙏

No killing to be made for me. Less than 1% of my investments in crypto. A fair bit more in gold and overseas shares though.

Thanks man, it was a big year for me, really looking forward to next year.

BTW just because you are less conservative with your investments that doesn’t mean you aren’t or don’t have to put away for a rainy day as you call it, having said that you also have to know how to enjoy yourself and enjoy the fruits of your labour otherwise what’s the point?

I am very conservative and very old school myself if I wasn’t I’d also buy into all these fads and perhaps make a tone of money like many do but I don’t have the guts to risk my money on things which are completely out of my control, I do read all the posts and as much info as I can about it but still no guts LOL

I do respect those who have the balls to gamble I personally am not a gambler, risk taker yes gambler not.

Anyway I hope you make a killing 🙏

I doubt anyone is putting real money in Bitcoin.

Meaning, money if you lost it would really hurt losing.

Obviously a different number for everyone. I just don't see anyone putting 6 or 7 figure investments in bitcoin yet, and if they are , they already have a ton of money.

Most developments that I know of are pretty highly leveraged. You may control the variables and outcome in most circumstances, but more at risk ultimately. IMO.

I doubt anyone is putting real money in Bitcoin.

Meaning, money if you lost it would really hurt losing.

Obviously a different number for everyone. I just don't see anyone putting 6 or 7 figure investments in bitcoin yet, and if they are , they already have a ton of money.

Most developments that I know of are pretty highly leveraged. You may control the variables and outcome in most circumstances, but more at risk ultimately. IMO.

i think you would be surprised.

A guy i know has sold everything he has and put it all into crypto currency.

and another guy i work with probably has 50+% in it.

exceptions to the rule of course but some people are bullish and have a big set of brass balls on them.

i think you would be surprised.

A guy i know has sold everything he has and put it all into crypto currency.

and another guy i work with probably has 50+% in it.

exceptions to the rule of course but some people are bullish and have a big set of brass balls on them.

Easy to be a gambler WHEN things go well... you can go on Reddit and see people who max out credit cards and put it into BTC.

Easy to be a gambler WHEN things go well... you can go on Reddit and see people who max out credit cards and put it into BTC.

Wow nuts