Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Put some money down on 10,000 TRX. I think it's good long term hold.

100,000,000,000 coins.. i wouldn't go too crazy on it.

i'll have my friend look into their code and see what he thinks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way $200b left the market and $100b came back in 1 hour.. There is def something fishy about the way the market cap is calculated.. I said it was a big ponzi scheme from the beginning, and I am still along hold, but there is no way all of the coins lost the value they did and all the sudden they came back up. Especially with how hard they are to get into.

So this leads me to believe that every coin is tied to either bitcoin value or eth value. And when the big ones drop, the others follow suit..

There is no protection anywhere in the market at that point...

I'm still willing to wait it out and see what the funds get to. I do think 2018 will be a crazy year, but i'm not so sure someone that has $400k in an account can actually get out with the full $400k quickly... disturbing and interesting all at the same time.

Well, people use btc or eth to convert. Also the idea that your order is stuck for hours, while others pay more and go ahead, that cant affect value?

Maybe its tied to mining? I cant think through how but to do that to a cap either a hedge cuts all crypto holdings by a lot, or turning off 30% mining power tells the system - this coin might stop growing, adjust parameters for valuations. Feasible at all?

regardless of your position on BITCOIN... this is hilarious.

This guy is genius. :D

Yes it is Ponzi but I want to fail with my pals. :D

But if it really is the brave new future, then I want to sit in table with people who are smarter than me aka here. Atleast it will be learning curve to something.

There is no way $200b left the market and $100b came back in 1 hour.. There is def something fishy about the way the market cap is calculated.. I said it was a big ponzi scheme from the beginning, and I am still along hold, but there is no way all of the coins lost the value they did and all the sudden they came back up. Especially with how hard they are to get into.

So this leads me to believe that every coin is tied to either bitcoin value or eth value. And when the big ones drop, the others follow suit..

There is no protection anywhere in the market at that point...

I'm still willing to wait it out and see what the funds get to. I do think 2018 will be a crazy year, but i'm not so sure someone that has $400k in an account can actually get out with the full $400k quickly... disturbing and interesting all at the same time.

Look at world economies and they are the same thing. When the US fell in 2008 look at the global ripple effect that followed suit...especially in Asia. It's all the same thing.

Can someone please help me to understand this.

So I was going to buy ripple for the equivalent of .95. Bitcoin was approximately 15k or so at the time, so I calculated that to be .00006333 or something. So I said go in and put a limit order to buy XRP at a cost of .00006333 bitcoin.

The thing I don't understand is that if bitcoin drops to 10K and I put my price to .00006333 Bitcoin. then my purchase price would actually be .63 for ripple.

If bitcoin went to 20K then my purchase price would be $1.26 and I would have just now bought over the highest price XRP has ever been.

When you buy using the dollar, it is a fixed price but when the target (XRP) is moving and your currency (Bitcoin) is moving. How the hell do you set accurate buying and selling limits?

Isn't the price locked in the moment you hit the buy button?

That would be if you did a market order. Which means you want to buy it right now at whatever price it currently is.

A limit order says that you want to wait and buy it at a specific price. For example set a buy order to buy bitcoin once it hits 13,000 and then a sell order once it hits 20,000

Anyone here using Gatehub successfully to purchase Ripple? I purposely bought Bitcoin to be able to trade for Ripple coin. I put in the xchange last for the minimum amount ( $70 plus fees about $30) to see if it went thru. Woke up the am with 20 XRP in my wallet that mysteriously dropped to under 20 once I opened my wallet.....I should have at least 50 to 60 XRP based on my transfer.......can anyone enlighten me? Support is worthless.....where are people buting Ripple.....

Thanks

Anyone here using Gatehub successfully to purchase Ripple? I purposely bought Bitcoin to be able to trade for Ripple coin. I put in the xchange last for the minimum amount ( $70 plus fees about $30) to see if it went thru. Woke up the am with 20 XRP in my wallet that mysteriously dropped to under 20 once I opened my wallet.....I should have at least 50 to 60 XRP based on my transfer.......can anyone enlighten me? Support is worthless.....where are people buting Ripple.....

Thanks

Thanks

I bought ripple on bittrex.

I bought ripple on bittrex.

Closed to new accounts......not sure why my account on Gatehub showed 20 XRP....enough to activate the account. It then suddenly went to just below to inactivate it.......very screwy.....I'm afraid to send any more to them....

Closed to new accounts......not sure why my account on Gatehub showed 20 XRP....enough to activate the account. It then suddenly went to just below to inactivate it.......very screwy.....I'm afraid to send any more to them....

Why don't you find someone who has a Bittrex account and send them the Bitcoin and they can buy ripple for you and then transfer it back to you once you get your account set up. I don't think you are talking a ton of cash are you?

You could use me - I know you don't know me, but use some of the other people on this forum. If you did want to use me we could chat on the phone and I would give you all of my contact info. I am not looking to make any money off of this, and I really doubt anyone else on this forum would be either. Obviously go with someone you can trust, it is your hard earned money.

Question I would have for you with XRP is this. At what price point would you buy, and at what price point are you targeting a sell? If you only have a couple hundred dollars you aren't really missing much.

Why don't you find someone who has a Bittrex account and send them the Bitcoin and they can buy ripple for you and then transfer it back to you once you get your account set up. I don't think you are talking a ton of cash are you?

You could use me - I know you don't know me, but use some of the other people on this forum. If you did want to use me we could chat on the phone and I would give you all of my contact info. I am not looking to make any money off of this, and I really doubt anyone else on this forum would be either. Obviously go with someone you can trust, it is your hard earned money.

Question I would have for you with XRP is this. At what price point would you buy, and at what price point are you targeting a sell? If you only have a couple hundred dollars you aren't really missing much.

Thanks for the offer........I really appreciate it. I'm looking to obtain a couple thousand shares and just sit on it....maybe strike lightening in a bottle as they say. I can transfer Bitcoin from my Coinbase account and use it to purchase Ripple.....problem is I don't trust/understand the process thru Gatehub.......getting the account active would help but not alleviate my fears that my deposit will disappear into cyberspace. Because of the small amount and long term outlook.....unless we see a hudge spike in XRP.....the buy in number isn't really a concern. I may take you up on your offer.....I think I'll give their support a couple days to respond. Hopefully, my Bitstamp account will be active by then.

Thanks again

Frank D

Anyone else having trouble registering a payment method on coinbase?

Is it a functional problem on the site or just a long wait period......

Anyone else having trouble registering a payment method on coinbase?

I have had this problem with several people. Myself and my wife included.

If you use the coinbase app from your phone it seems to work fine.

I have had this problem with several people. Myself and my wife included.

If you use the coinbase app from your phone it seems to work fine.

I guess the website is overloaded hence all these problems.

Kraken can do xrp. Gemini (the winklevoss twins’ site) might. I’m waiting for verification.

Thanks

I have... Its a pain in the ass.

You have to enable a "trust bridge" in the imported currency... Fun times.

I have... Its a pain in the ass.

You have to enable a "trust bridge" in the imported currency... Fun times.

Roman,

Is BTC on Gatehub Bitcoin Cash or Bitcoin....and what is the designation for BTH on Gatehub? On Coinbase, Bitcoin is BTC and Bitcoin cash is BTH . Still can't figure out if Gatehub is the same or reversed.......fucken confusing as hell. I think my first deposit is of in Cyberspace hell....