Something horrible has happened at the boston marathon

Roman

It's absolutely insane how common shit like this is becoming. WTF?

I can't recall anytime there has been a bomb or suicide bomber that has successfully detonated in the US at a public event ? The last one that comes to mind is the failed attempt in Times Square that didn't detonate.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bomb in a trash can...

I thought they removed trash cans along event routes like this because of what happened in the 80s in London?

My prayers go out to the victims and their families. We have friends that live in Boston, and thankfully they are all ok. One had their daughter out in the area just hours before with the nanny. They had quite the scare.

I can't recall anytime there has been a bomb or suicide bomber that has successfully detonated in the US at a public event ? The last one that comes to mind is the failed attempt in Times Square that didn't detonate.

I was referring to mass casualty events in general. Aurora, Newtown, Boston to name a few (recent).

According to the police on the ground, first bomb was at a running store at the location, unsure if inside or outside the building. Officials are being brought in to test the air to determine if it was a chemical attack.

I was referring to mass casualty events in general. Aurora, Newtown, Boston to name a few (recent).

We just get to hear about it more because of media connectivity, but the rate of these things haven't increased. They've always been around.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ram...llers:_Americas

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ram...chool_massacres

Just heard from relatives that live in Boston that they are ok. Their friends were running the race and has just finished. They were 3 blocks away when the blast happened. So glad for them and heart broken for the other families that won't be as fortunate.

Horrific.. How do they not catch something like this.. At such a large event..

How hard is it to build a bomb and throw it in a shoe box or backpack and leave it on the side of a crowded street? To be honest we are fortunate it doesn't happen more often.

This is not a particularly sophisticated device.... The explosion does NOT look like a high order explosive... Explosion looked slow moving... Didnt knock over the Scissors lift next to it... K rails still standing... Smoke looked like GUNPOWDER. Im going to say Pipe Bomb.

How hard is it to build a bomb and throw it in a shoe box or backpack and leave it on the side of a crowded street? To be honest we are fortunate it doesn't happen more often.

Hardest part is the detonator..

Hardest part is the detonator..

Agreed. It really isn't hard. We are fortunate it doesn't happen more often.